Jump to content
Sim Monsters
Goldberg6734

Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pink Guy said:

In other news Zane Rettew showing why they don't run the scorpion tail as he rolls over Stinger at the Buck Motorsports Park (first time I think this has ever happened there) and still keeps going, proving once again why he's one of the hardest running indies out there today (seriously FELD get him in stadiums next year, he can do work)

It's his hometown show and the fans absolutely love him there so he'll give it a little extra to sell some more merch and keep everyone coming back for more. He's got another show in the area that he's putting on in a couple months so it doesn't hurt either to have everyone looking forward to seeing what Stinger does next time at a bigger place. As for putting him in stadiums, from the little bit of time I've spent talking to him he's not all that interested in doing stadiums. The trucks work great in smaller arenas as they don't have quite the horsepower as others, and he's able to get a schedule running arenas that will keep him closer to home.

15 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

No prob! Hopefully there's a livestream for Charlotte next month since that is commonly the bigger show (especially since the show has a bigger field, it's Bristol's lineup sans War Wizard but plus Team Anson (Heavy Hitter and Basher) and Saigon Shaker)

I doubt there will be a live stream for Charlotte. The dirt track doesn't have a video board or live in-house video production capabilities that I know of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NitroMenace    66

I crewed for Cory and Mike in Bristol last night, was definetly a tough show on trucks. War Wizard was running an older body because its a hometown show for them so if they rolled it wasnt a loss. RJ drove War Wizard for the qualifying pass (folded a 4 link, broke a drive shaft and bent a shock) and Randy Moore came out and did donuts for freestyle with only rear wheel drive, and just donuted until the rear end let go. Freestyle was good, Mike only made one jump in Wrecking Crew before breaking a 4 link, Quad and Dirt Crew had good runs- Quick side note, Tim Mizentis drove Dirt Crew, has apparently been driving Dirt Crew and will continue to be driving it (including Charlotte), Cory had a good run going until the flat and then the tranny got hot (Just incase your keeping track, thats a total of 6 flat tires for Team Scream, 2 for Mike, 2 for Jim, 2 for Cory lol), Hooked had a great run and had one huge jump, side slapped, and actually hit so hard he bent the rim and blew like a 8 inch piece of rubber out of the Sidewall of a BKT. It was a good show, I had fun. Larry Swim in Bigfoot won racing, and Steve Sims in Stone Crusher won freestyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Guy    1,518
1 hour ago, NitroMenace said:

I crewed for Cory and Mike in Bristol last night, was definetly a tough show on trucks. War Wizard was running an older body because its a hometown show for them so if they rolled it wasnt a loss. RJ drove War Wizard for the qualifying pass (folded a 4 link, broke a drive shaft and bent a shock) and Randy Moore came out and did donuts for freestyle with only rear wheel drive, and just donuted until the rear end let go. Freestyle was good, Mike only made one jump in Wrecking Crew before breaking a 4 link, Quad and Dirt Crew had good runs- Quick side note, Tim Mizentis drove Dirt Crew, has apparently been driving Dirt Crew and will continue to be driving it (including Charlotte), Cory had a good run going until the flat and then the tranny got hot (Just incase your keeping track, thats a total of 6 flat tires for Team Scream, 2 for Mike, 2 for Jim, 2 for Cory lol), Hooked had a great run and had one huge jump, side slapped, and actually hit so hard he bent the rim and blew like a 8 inch piece of rubber out of the Sidewall of a BKT. It was a good show, I had fun. Larry Swim in Bigfoot won racing, and Steve Sims in Stone Crusher won freestyle

I thought Jerry looked a bit younger than usual. Charlotte will be interesting since I dont know if Kevin Lewis still drives Basher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good on Sims finally taking a Freestyle win again. Just shows you why he's such an underrated driver nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NitroMenace    66
13 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

I thought Jerry looked a bit younger than usual. Charlotte will be interesting since I dont know if Kevin Lewis still drives Basher

I dont think he does, dont think hes driven it in awhile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NavySonicShell    1,178
5 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

I dont think he does, dont think hes driven it in awhile

For the first half of the summer it was Stevie Snellen behind the wheel again, then last I saw the truck it was someone named Jesse. They literally didn't even give him a last name so I have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Guy    1,518
38 minutes ago, NavySonicShell said:

For the first half of the summer it was Stevie Snellen behind the wheel again, then last I saw the truck it was someone named Jesse. They literally didn't even give him a last name so I have no clue.

What even happened with Kevin? Figured this was his comeback yet as soon as TMTT ended he was gone again. Shame Anson can't seem to keep a consistent second driver (the Creten dilemma as I like to call it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NavySonicShell    1,178
1 minute ago, Pink Guy said:

What even happened with Kevin? Figured this was his comeback yet as soon as TMTT ended he was gone again. Shame Anson can't seem to keep a consistent second driver (the Creten dilemma as I like to call it)

I know Stevie doesn't like travelling far to shows or anything so he tends to do closer ones, my guess it Kevin is for the first quarter maybe? I really don't know. I'm just kinda glad Vern is out of the seat tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current Results at West Lebanon, can't say I'm surprised with Freestyle, but as for Racing, I'll be damned:

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/results/west-lebanon-ny-july-16-19-lebanon-valley-speedway

(Really though, Bryce has been ON FIRE ever since his 8th place run in the World Finals. If this guy doesn't get "Most Improved Driver" at the end of the year, then I don't know who does.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bkelly    178
7 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Current Results at West Lebanon, can't say I'm surprised with Freestyle, but as for Racing, I'll be damned:

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/results/west-lebanon-ny-july-16-19-lebanon-valley-speedway

(Really though, Bryce has been ON FIRE ever since his 8th place run in the World Finals. If this guy doesn't get "Most Improved Driver" at the end of the year, then I don't know who does.)

I'll admit that Bryce has been better since the World Finals, but maybe it's that he's better in stadiums over arenas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE REGARDING YESTERDAY'S PERFORMANCE AT WEST LEB: Apparently the Racing Finals was cancelled due to rain, but Freestyle went on......can somebody explain?

Either way, Racing went down to Chuck and Neil. I'd assume Chuck would get the upper hand. Bryce and Buddy couldn't make it out for Freestyle, and Adam took the win again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edy    5,694

THE LINE UP FOR MEXICO CITY IS UP

AND AH MAHHHHH GOD

It's interesting.

  1. Grave Digger® (Tyler Menninga)
  2. Max-D™ (Colton Eichelberger)
  3. Zombie (Tyler Groth)
  4. El Toro Loco (Mark List)
  5. Blue Thunder (Bryce Kenny)
  6. Monster Mutt Rottweiller (Cynthia Gauthier)
  7. Scooby-Doo (Myranda Cozad)
  8. Megladon (Travis Groth)

The thing that i'm most exited for is THAT I'M GOING TO SEE TYLER MENINGA IN DIGGER!! YES YES YES!!!

 

I want to guess that Tyler, Mark, Cozad & Colton will be running with their normal chassis

As for the Groth brothers, i'm curious as how Megalodon will look and one of their chassis

For Cynthia i guess they'll just put the Rotwailler body on Cynthia's Dalmition chassis (I hope they keep the red rims)

And as for Bryce, i'm really intriged to what they will use, i want to guess, they'll put the Blue Thunder body on Mohawk Warrior chassis?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edy said:

THE LINE UP FOR MEXICO CITY IS UP

AND AH MAHHHHH GOD

It's interesting.

  1. Grave Digger® (Tyler Menninga)
  2. Max-D™ (Colton Eichelberger)
  3. Zombie (Tyler Groth)
  4. El Toro Loco (Mark List)
  5. Blue Thunder (Bryce Kenny)
  6. Monster Mutt Rottweiller (Cynthia Gauthier)
  7. Scooby-Doo (Myranda Cozad)
  8. Megladon (Travis Groth)

The thing that i'm most exited for is THAT I'M GOING TO SEE TYLER MENINGA IN DIGGER!! YES YES YES!!!

 

I want to guess that Tyler, Mark, Cozad & Colton will be running with their normal chassis

As for the Groth brothers, i'm curious as how Megalodon will look and one of their chassis

For Cynthia i guess they'll just put the Rotwailler body on Cynthia's Dalmition chassis (I hope they keep the red rims)

And as for Bryce, i'm really intriged to what they will use, i want to guess, they'll put the Blue Thunder body on Mohawk Warrior chassis?

 

I checked and I think they changed it because it says Bryce is driving GCMW, Cynthia in her MMD, Tyler Groth in Zombie and Travis Groth in NEA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RORMADNESS    9
4 hours ago, Edy said:

THE LINE UP FOR MEXICO CITY IS UP

AND AH MAHHHHH GOD

It's interesting.

  1. Grave Digger® (Tyler Menninga)
  2. Max-D™ (Colton Eichelberger)
  3. Zombie (Tyler Groth)
  4. El Toro Loco (Mark List)
  5. Blue Thunder (Bryce Kenny)
  6. Monster Mutt Rottweiller (Cynthia Gauthier)
  7. Scooby-Doo (Myranda Cozad)
  8. Megladon (Travis Groth)

The thing that i'm most exited for is THAT I'M GOING TO SEE TYLER MENINGA IN DIGGER!! YES YES YES!!!

 

I want to guess that Tyler, Mark, Cozad & Colton will be running with their normal chassis

As for the Groth brothers, i'm curious as how Megalodon will look and one of their chassis

For Cynthia i guess they'll just put the Rotwailler body on Cynthia's Dalmition chassis (I hope they keep the red rims)

And as for Bryce, i'm really intriged to what they will use, i want to guess, they'll put the Blue Thunder body on Mohawk Warrior chassis?

 

So this means Cynthia will run every monster mutt this year. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×