Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

3 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Fluffy looks wicked!

The Digger graphic is the lamest thing ever. They're probably gonna do nothing for the 40th I imagine. 

Keep in mind, back in 2007; all they did was add something to the logo and a different colored flag for the 25th Anniversary. So it's no different than this year.

3 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Keep in mind, back in 2007; all they did was add something to the logo and a different colored flag for the 25th Anniversary. So it's no different than this year.

True... but even then they added some subtlety to the scheme with the "Since 1982" banner on the hood, and the 25th graphic going across the whole body. And sure they didn't do anything for the 20th besides Dennis's truck, or really much for the 30th but Dennis had an all out scheme for both. Here it just feels like the afterthought of all afterthoughts, hell as far as I can see if the patterns are correct Dennis won't even have the chrome body this year, the only thing that would differentiate his truck from everyone elses' (I hope they at least keep that though, I could be a bit more forgiving in that regard)

3 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

True... but even then they added some subtlety to the scheme with the "Since 1982" banner on the hood, and the 25th graphic going across the whole body. And sure they didn't do anything for the 20th besides Dennis's truck, or really much for the 30th but Dennis had an all out scheme for both. Here it just feels like the afterthought of all afterthoughts, hell as far as I can see if the patterns are correct Dennis won't even have the chrome body this year, the only thing that would differentiate his truck from everyone elses' (I hope they at least keep that though, I could be a bit more forgiving in that regard)

I'll give you that. I really do hope they keep the chrome body for Dennis this year. I would be extremely disappointed if they decided not to run it this year.

I really liked the 25th Anniversary Digger. The 30th Anniversary standard design was pretty clever. Not having a 35th Anniversary scheme honestly doesn't bother me that much. It's not really that much of a milestone. 20, 25, and 30 years are all big ones, but 35 isn't that important. 

i think they are following a pattern

20th anniversary paint was different to the normal paint (2002)

25th anniversary season paint did not changed that much but the WF paint was a different one (2007)

30th anniversary paint was different to the normal paint again (2012)

35th anniversary might be the same as 2007 i think (2017)

Is there any word on a rescheduling of the Atlanta/Houston show in January? Both of those cities' NFL teams are in the playoffs and the Houston Texans are at home the weekend of Jan. 7 and there's a possibility of the Atlanta Falcons being at home the same weekend or the weekend of Jan. 14. Both of these weekends have Monster Jam scheduled as well.