How do I make a multiplayer game in MTM2?

Vaxen

2 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

So what do you mean when you say the DMZ host didn't work for you?

My friend tried to connect, but he couldn't connect (he tried both my IPv4, and my WAN IP address). My game wasn't showing up in the game list.

14 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:

And you plugged the ipv4 into the dmz host thing in your router control panel?

WAIT! Maybe I need to enable the WAN Ping Response? In the settings of my D'link router, it says '' If you enable this feature, the WAN port of your router will respond to ping requests from the Internet that are sent to the WAN IP Address. ''

And, y'know, for MTM2, you have to use the IP address that shows up if you try to go on a website to find your IP. Well, you see, I verified, and my WAN IP is the IP that is given to me on these websites. And if it ''will respond to ping requests from the Internet that are sent to the WAN IP Address'' , does it means since it wasn't activated, my friend couldn't connect?

38 minutes ago, Vaxen said:

WAIT! Maybe I need to enable the WAN Ping Response? In the settings of my D'link router, it says '' If you enable this feature, the WAN port of your router will respond to ping requests from the Internet that are sent to the WAN IP Address. ''

And, y'know, for MTM2, you have to use the IP address that shows up if you try to go on a website to find your IP. Well, you see, I verified, and my WAN IP is the IP that is given to me on these websites. And if it ''will respond to ping requests from the Internet that are sent to the WAN IP Address'' , does it means since it wasn't activated, my friend couldn't connect?

I've never heard of such a thing, but maybe so. Enabling DMZ should do all of that for you automatically, but maybe your router has extra security. 

By the way, my friend has the same game files as me. My version has the patch, so he should have the patch. But it makes me wondering, since it's the same game files but a different computer, does he needs to redo the MTM2 patch on his computer? 

Also, how long should it take to someone to get my session to appear in the session selection box when trying to connect to a game?

28 minutes ago, Vaxen said:

By the way, my friend has the same game files as me. My version has the patch, so he should have the patch. But it makes me wondering, since it's the same game files but a different computer, does he needs to redo the MTM2 patch on his computer? 

Also, how long should it take to someone to get my session to appear in the session selection box when trying to connect to a game?

Definitely not on reinstalling the patch, because a group of us goofed around on MTM2 a couple of years ago, and several had to download it from the mediafire source that already had the patch, and they played just fine. The game should show up instantly. 

33 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

Definitely not on reinstalling the patch, because a group of us goofed around on MTM2 a couple of years ago, and several had to download it from the mediafire source that already had the patch, and they played just fine. The game should show up instantly. 

I noticed that my simplified TCP/IP services in my my list of Windows Features is turned off. Should i enable it in order to work?

1 hour ago, Jon Cannon said:

Wait, since my friends lives in a school dorm during the weeks, the router of his school somehows blocks some types of connections. Maybe it blocks the kind of connection MTM2 needs to do in order to have the game to join? 

I did everything you told me. I tried the DMZ host, didnt work. I looked it up on Google, also got the answer that I should enable DMZ. And I believe every single thing you told me when trying to help me, since you seem like you've already been into MTM2. So clearly, there's something wrong with my friend's internet, but it might be my internet too, who knows.

Do you still have MTM2? If so, can you help me figure out if my friend's internet is the problem, or if it's my internet, by trying to join a MTM2 game I'll host? Not to play the game, but just to test if I did everything right. Because really, I'm not sure if it's the internet of my friend of my internet. If you can join, then my friend is the issue. Otherwise, it's my internet. Though, it's up to you if you want to try it or not.

1 hour ago, Vaxen said:

Wait, since my friends lives in a school dorm during the weeks, the router of his school somehows blocks some types of connections. Maybe it blocks the kind of connection MTM2 needs to do in order to have the game to join? 

I wish you had included this information beforehand. Most college/school public (or only available to student access) networks have firewalls to block passing direct information through IPV4 and IPV6 addresses nowadays. Your friend will have to find a different internet source. The only way I could see it possibly working is if he tries using a VPN, but that more than likely won't work either, since most network encryption methods these days will easily detect it. 

Edited by Jon Cannon