Show Your Projects Chapter 53

Chris Hamilton

2 hours ago, Garrett Hanson said:

this is what tires the truck ran from what I saw last year:

*WOW, IT R TURK!*
hm.
I'll look into it. got a example picture?

Here's a shot of it from their Facebook page. (I don't know how to post images from my phone.)

https://m.facebook.com/mirrorimageracing/photos/a.279034465447984.75374.147486285269470/641711805846913/?type=3&source=54

On 11/5/2016 at 0:34 PM, maxdman said:

I can't tell if that's my Tacoma Dome model I did a year or so ago.  If you want it I can send it over.  Glad to see another MMJ track.  I should probably finish mine...

I was gonna ask about those along with Brisbane 2015

1 hour ago, Harambefan1 said:

So this is going ok 

Deeper/Darker purple?

That paint........ :( 

Use some glow effects (instead of just using paint brush), or some precise hand painting. Also, there's a ghostly texture that's used throughout the purple and green, it really gives the truck its character (google a pic). Btw, is that a recent pic of digger used in a tombstone? Cmon man! 

Sorry, just looking at it triggered tf out of me. love u

1 hour ago, Harambefan1 said:

So this is going ok

Deeper/Darker purple?

God dammit my paint looks horrible on that truck (imho). Nothing against you, you're a great truck maker. I feel like I could've done a much better job with it. Like I said, edit it any way you want.

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

That paint........ :( 

Use some glow effects (instead of just using paint brush), or some precise hand painting. Also, there's a ghostly texture that's used throughout the purple and green, it really gives the truck its character (google a pic). Btw, is that a recent pic of digger used in a tombstone? Cmon man! 

Sorry, just looking at it triggered tf out of me. love u

It should've just been a rough sketch, I should've taken more time, but I didn't wanna delay Blaise any longer than I'd already did. And yes, it is a recent pic of Digger, but it's a high quality vector from the MTL thread, that fit rather well, and it's in the same general stance as it was in the 20th anniversary paint. I might just redo the entire thing because it looks so goddamn horrible.

10 minutes ago, Garrett Hanson said:

(would swap it with goodyears but n0)
I thought BKT's look good with everything.

BKTs are trash. They are basically odd-cut tires with a big-fat logo slapped on the side of them. They look horrible on any truck that didn't run them before it's retirement. I don't see why you wouldn't swap it with Goodyears, that's literally the brand Dennis used for years (possibly decades)...

Firestones were a Bigfoot thing.

Anyway, Blender is a great thing. There are tutorials all over the place. Taking V4 trucks and adding some new props/tires to them isn't necessarily content creating in any way.. It's just barely revamping.