If bigfoot were in MJ, how would compeitition stack up and would they be a big player?

Hornetguy97

I was thinking about this while watching the monster blog videos on youtube. I began to ask myself how many world finals wins would bigfoot have if they were invited and how they would have done on the mj circuit. im thinking bigfoot would at least be in the finals if not the winner in racing in vegas in the early years. They dont seem to put on mega freestyles though, but still a hell-uva show when they do. Thoughts?

also, beumont texas arena track was amazing. What do you guys think the best arena tracks have been ever? the ones mj uses are good but i dont think they provide that much excitement

Larry Swim can definitely put on an awesome freestyle, just search up Chico 2014. Anyway, if Bigfoot was in Monster Jam, they would probably run a little harder and probably do pretty well in racing (there equipment is top of the line). 

As for the best arena track, I agree with you about the Beaumont one. Pretty much anything TMTT/Monster Nation puts out is really good.

I have thought about this quite a bit being a 'foot fan since the 90s. I would like to think they would around the 2xtreme Racing (Jimmy Creten) threshold, contenders but not necessarily winning everything. Would have loved to have seen Runte take a stab at Vegas before he retired. Swim, "Vinny" and Schnell would be solid stadium contenders, I think they would do okay in arenas but with how those shows have ramped up over the past year, I do not think they are that "footloose" with the stoppies and "skidmarks".

One can dream about seeing them running FELD shows again... 

That would be cool but they will have to use all those safety equipment and the truck will be heavier, also the bkts thing, (they use firestones i think) Bigfoot maybe will be a good competitor and maybe tuff to beat in racing because in freestyle max-d, sud, and other trucks will beat bigfoot easily becoz the huge air and the crazy saves, just my opinion 300 posts yay

15 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

I have thought about this quite a bit being a 'foot fan since the 90s. I would like to think they would around the 2xtreme Racing (Jimmy Creten) threshold, contenders but not necessarily winning everything. Would have loved to have seen Runte take a stab at Vegas before he retired. Swim, "Vinny" and Schnell would be solid stadium contenders, I think they would do okay in arenas but with how those shows have ramped up over the past year, I do not think they are that "footloose" with the stoppies and "skidmarks".

One can dream about seeing them running FELD shows again... 

very true on arenas. wasnt their equipment better than monster jams in the early years? ( i mean it is still some of the best in the business) and i think 2 extreme are still big. i mean jimmy wins stadium freestyle and he is always a top notch racer. and that streak linsey had in iron outlaw was incredible.

Once the sport shifted away from legitimate racing (where how you did determined your payout), the R&D they put into the trucks was a moot point. Don't get me wrong, the inhouse trucks (8-16) were good but they were born and bred for racing. Sure you could freestyle in them but they kicked the crap out of their drivers.

4 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

Once the sport shifted away from legitimate racing (where how you did determined your payout), the R&D they put into the trucks was a moot point. Don't get me wrong, the inhouse trucks (8-16) were good but they were born and bred for racing. Sure you could freestyle in them but they kicked the crap out of their drivers.

Completly agree with you. watched some videos on penda and a couple other races behind the scenes and they were winning but Runte said he was getting pretty beat up on the landings. Do indy still  do payout? I know soaring eagle show had like a bonus one year for winning an event. I don't know, Kozak. I think they would give a valient effort in racing today but I don't know about freestyle. Still a legendary truck and team but i think where the "sport" has gone its just difficult to tell. Thank you for your reply and insight sir.

And that was during the 90s! I have heard a few accounts from former Bigfoot drivers that got to drive the 11,14 and 15 within the past 5-6 years. The sport is rough and tough on all drivers but when the tool you are given to use to do your job is old or outdated, it is not fun.

8 minutes ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Are those the trucks that were recently retired due to heavy crashes? If so then those didn't look very fun to drive. Which truck was Runte in when he hurt his back in Salinas during the summer show?

That was Swim in 16 back in 2010. 

15 hours ago, Outlawed said:

And that was during the 90s! I have heard a few accounts from former Bigfoot drivers that got to drive the 11,14 and 15 within the past 5-6 years. The sport is rough and tough on all drivers but when the tool you are given to use to do your job is old or outdated, it is not fun.

Isn't that in large part why Kyle Doyle stopped driving?