Show Your Projects Chapter 54

NavySonicShell

51 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Well here it is! The debut of my brand new, fresh out of the shop, custom: Night Life Anarchy! This truck took a really long time for me to make, as it was actually the first truck I made completely in Blender (and not just using cloning). It turned out insanely well, and is miles above what I've made before. It was originally going to be a little more "crazy" looking, but it came out so awesome I'm not gonna change it. This will definitely be what I run for SMRA and other things. Enjoy!

@Chris B congrats chris! love the truck!!!
(PM me a link too that track m8t)

1 hour ago, Garrett Hanson said:

So I was messing around with @rockgod88's 2003 Max-D and this happened

I don't understand what you did here... You changed the tires, rims and that's it? Am I missing something here because you basically took an older truck and made it look like the newer truck... which we already have...

@Garrett Hanson

I'm going to try and give you some advice on content making, not because I think the projects you do are bad, but because I think you have some potential to make some good stuff with enough time and patience. Don't worry about changing a rim or just throwing a quick paint over an already-made truck. Try stepping out of that comfort zone and making something from scratch. Even if the first project you try from scratch turns out to be at a lower quality than some of the other trucks on the site, that's ok! You have to start somewhere when making fresh content. And have patience when tuck making, it can be a long and tedious project, but the more time you spend on it, the chances of it turning out better go up. I think you can make some good content with some good effort.

I remember when I tried to model my own arena in Blender and how the arena had so many problems and how it did not turn out how I hoped. However, I got myself familiarized with the software and got a hang for all of the different features that Blender offers.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, steiale said:

I don't understand what you did here... You changed the tires, rims and that's it? Am I missing something here because you basically took an older truck and made it look like the newer truck... which we already have...

basically I found another MAX-D in my V4 pack and I deceided to see if I can swap the Spiked Max-D with the one showed above, it worked.
i'll wait for blaise to drop the updated pack.

39 minutes ago, bkelley said:

@Garrett Hanson

I'm going to try and give you some advice on content making, not because I think the projects you do are bad, but because I think you have some potential to make some good stuff with enough time and patience. Don't worry about changing a rim or just throwing a quick paint over an already-made truck. Try stepping out of that comfort zone and making something from scratch. Even if the first project you try from scratch turns out to be at a lower quality than some of the other trucks on the site, that's ok! You have to start somewhere when making fresh content. And have patience when tuck making, it can be a long and tedious project, but the more time you spend on it, the chances of it turning out better go up. I think you can make some good content with some good effort.

I remember when I tried to model my own arena in Blender and how the arena had so many problems and how it did not turn out how I hoped. However, I got myself familiarized with the software and got a hang for all of the different features that Blender offers.

Thanks bkelley! god I remember using blender for the first time.
atleast my current trucks are ok quality.
hopefully any newer trucks will be better in the future.

21 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

Okay, about Garrett's paint -- I think the main issue is he mostly uses the basic palette colors from whatever editing program being used. This often gives the illusion of looking "cheap" or reminds one of clip art whereas custom colors don't as much. Another issue is there is no sheen to anything on the trucks, everything is flat, I can only assume his graphic card doesn't allow for any more. If so, turning up the graphics up for screenshots would help immensely. But overall most of the colors being used also do not work well together.

Garrett, if you're serious about graphic design, I recommend reading a bit on color theory and studying existing designs that use lots of color (of any sort of object/product; painting, clothing, race cars, product packaging etc). One last thing I recommend (if you're serious about graphic design), find out if you have any sort of color blindness -- approximately 40% of men have some form of it so it's important to know. I hope none of this seems rude, I'm only trying to be helpful because I can tell you work very hard and are really trying. Keep it up, but take it slowly.

@Garrett Hanson

I don't think its the fact that they look "cheap" as much as it is that they're very basic.. Not really a whole lot going  on through out the "paint scheme" i guess you could say... I've been designing non stop for the past 2 going on 3 years now and I've learned a lot and i remember when i was like him as well. A few drop shadows and crazy colors will go a long way!!! He'll get better as time goes on..