Show Your Projects Chapter 55

Doomed User

16 hours ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Got bored and decided to play with Top Gunner, when: the headers were uneven, the body was so wide it covered 3/4 of the tires and it needed a little update. Updated the truck with some of Fern's new props (Thank you, Mr. Fernando. As usual, you're the best), shortened the width of the body to the appropriate length, made the Zoomies headers Zoomies, and just for the hell of it I added a cover over the back of the chassis. And I don't know if I told anyone, but I accidentally released the truck with the wrong shock set up. So I apologize for the confusion.

Looks very good. Paint work is very clear and flows very well. Curious have you tried any other colors for the logo?  Some contrasting color for that logo might make the name "pop" rather than blend in with the background. Like with other parts of the truck you used a white letter with a black outline. Not sure about white but maybe a light grey like the planes look to be with a subtle black outline? Something to just make it stand out. If you use the light grey you could do the fade thing thats going on with a darker more black grey for the same effect, obviously with the black outline I wouldn't go black but a charcoal ish color may not be bad for a similar effect. Also with the bits of grey you currently have it may tie the entire scheme together and be the cherry on top. Of course it may not but just something to consider. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hopkins said:

Looks very good. Paint work is very clear and flows very well. Curious have you tried any other colors for the logo?  Some contrasting color for that logo might make the name "pop" rather than blend in with the background. Like with other parts of the truck you used a white letter with a black outline. Not sure about white but maybe a light grey like the planes look to be with a subtle black outline? Something to just make it stand out. If you use the light grey you could do the fade thing thats going on with a darker more black grey for the same effect, obviously with the black outline I wouldn't go black but a charcoal ish color may not be bad for a similar effect. Also with the bits of grey you currently have it may tie the entire scheme together and be the cherry on top. Of course it may not but just something to consider. 

I was thinking the exact same regarding the text. If not gray, maybe a color-shifting/chrome silver or something? Overall it looks very nice and clean, but there is some clashing throughout because there are so many blue hues being used simultaneously. For instance, the cyan portion that the name sits on clashes with the main body color, as do the shock and wheel trim as they add two extra types of blue. I would try taking the main body color, and adjusting only the lightness and saturation. Otherwise I think it looks really great.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:29 PM, Stephen Hopkins said:

Hmm.... Looks like I've found the Top Gunner 2 paint scheme. I've planned on doing something a little similar to that, but I just wanted something simple that stands out. But that is an awesome idea, I might take that into heavy consideration.