World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

Banking on Bari and Colton getting invites anyhow. MAYBE Bryce and Mohawk Warrior because recognition

My bets on the final 9 spots

1. FS1 Cleatus- Colt Stephens (C'mon, the boy deserves it)
  2. VP Mad Scientist- Lee O'Donnell (Obvious)
  3. Soldier Fortune- Chad Fortune (Again obvious)
  4. Zombie- Bari Musawwir (Obvious as well)
  5. Max D- Colton Eichelberger (Need more than one Max in there, and Colton has been killing it)
  6. Saigon Shaker- Ryan Disharoon (Shot in the dark here but I think he might get it)
  7. Great Clips Mohawk Warrior- Bryce Kenny (I figure this will happen, may be a bit controversial like Buyten)
  8. El Toro Loco- Becky McDonough (Girl's been giving it hell all year, really upped her game, and you can't tell me there's not one more yellow body back there)
  9. Obsessed- Eric Swanson (Another shot in the dark but again boy's been doing great, I think he could do well)

Can't see Obsessed, Mohawk or Saigon making it in... tbh... Plus... You forgot your young guns winner. I've got Colton, Bari, Lee, Chad, Colt, Becky, Pablo in Pirate's Curse, Devin Jones. and Cory In Rage. Cory has put on a show all year and deserves it a lot more than Bryce in my opinion... Devin Jones deserves to be back in by far. He's been consistent all year and is technical and got the boot out of vegas 3 years ago because of a bad bounce and Pablo in just because Pablo. I also have Jamey Garner in Over Bored winning the Young Guns. 

16 minutes ago, MasonThompson said:

Can't see Obsessed, Mohawk or Saigon making it in... tbh... Plus... You forgot your young guns winner. I've got Colton, Bari, Lee, Chad, Colt, Becky, Pablo in Pirate's Curse, Devin Jones. and Cory In Rage. Cory has put on a show all year and deserves it a lot more than Bryce in my opinion... Devin Jones deserves to be back in by far. He's been consistent all year and is technical and got the boot out of vegas 3 years ago because of a bad bounce and Pablo in just because Pablo. I also have Jamey Garner in Over Bored winning the Young Guns. 

22+9= 31

1 hour ago, Pink Guy said:

Banking on Bari and Colton getting invites anyhow. MAYBE Bryce and Mohawk Warrior because recognition

My bets on the final 9 spots

1. FS1 Cleatus- Colt Stephens (C'mon, the boy deserves it)
  2. VP Mad Scientist- Lee O'Donnell (Obvious)
  3. Soldier Fortune- Chad Fortune (Again obvious)
  4. Zombie- Bari Musawwir (Obvious as well)
  5. Max D- Colton Eichelberger (Need more than one Max in there, and Colton has been killing it)
  6. Saigon Shaker- Ryan Disharoon (Shot in the dark here but I think he might get it)
  7. Great Clips Mohawk Warrior- Bryce Kenny (I figure this will happen, may be a bit controversial like Buyten)
  8. El Toro Loco- Becky McDonough (Girl's been giving it hell all year, really upped her game, and you can't tell me there's not one more yellow body back there)
  9. Obsessed- Eric Swanson (Another shot in the dark but again boy's been doing great, I think he could do well)

I dont think they should invite Bryce Kenney, no offense but matt buyten is way more fun to watch then him.

I think instead of inviting him, they should invite Cory and Rage.  I agree with all of your other picks.

My final 9:

1. Colton Eichelberger in Max-D - pretty obvious to be honest... only question is whether they put him in his dad's chassis or his own. Based on his stadium performances (besides Detroit...) I'd prefer him on Tom's chassis.

2. Chad Fortune in Soldier Fortune - Fortune will need to retire or MJ needs to go out of business before he doesn't make Vegas.

3. Lee O' Donnell in VP Racing Fuels Mad Scientist - actually very surprised he hasn't been announced already. Had an amazing season.

4. Bari Musawwir in Zombie - they need a Zombie in the field, and I don't think a Houde or Groth will be put in by any means sooooo... Bari.

5. Colt Stephens in FS1 Cleatus - this is another one I'm surprised hasn't been put in yet. Absolutely amazing season, and is in a major sponsor truck. No-brainer to me.

6. Becky McDonough in El Toro Loco - there's a number of reasons I think this one is a sure-in; female representation, keep her out of her 6th straight DDSD/YGS for her to not win it, ETL is a popular truck so we need multiple. But after this season, I think she's honestly earned a berth. She's had phenomenal performances all season, so I think it's time for her to have a shot in the main field.

7. Chuck Werner in El Toro Loco - oh do I want this one so badly... Chuck has been on a rail this season - he finished 4th behind Morgan, Colton, and Linsey in his tour, and was pretty damn close to the former 2 in points. That's not an easy feat. Plus, with the corkscrew pretty much becoming his MO, that could be sold as his gimmick in freestyle as well. I could also actually see them throwing him in with another body... Alien Invasion, EarthShaker, etc.

8. Ryan Disharoon in Saigon Shaker - this boy has talent. And a new chassis. And some balls. If anyone deserves a berth after just two years competing, it's this truck and this driver. His Detroit runs proves he could very well be a threat to win the freestyle championship, too.

9. Matt Pagliarulo in Jester - after this season, it just seems like something that would/could/should happen. He's had a phenomenal year, probably the best year of all of the trucks/drivers on RKM. His final run in Anaheim screamed to me a run that said "I'm going to Vegas". Also, as cliche as it is, having the whole 'Jester' aesthetic as a competitor in Las Vegas, the gambling/card playing capital of the world, just fits.

Honorable mentions I could also see:

1. Bryce Kenny in Mohawk Warrior - do I think he should be in? No. Absolutely not. Has he proven himself to deserve to be in? Nope. Finished 3rd to last in his tour. Wasn't even close. It's just the Great Clips sponsorship that makes this one seem plausible. Really hope not. But could see it.

2. Pablo Huffaker in Something - he won his tour, and has been in Vegas mostly each year in some way or another. I don't think this really will happen, but it's a possibility and I wouldn't be terribly opposed to it.

3. Randy Brown in Something - same as Pablo, except I think this one is much less likely.

4. Gary Porter in Carolina Crusher - this one just sounds fun to me, and lord knows Porter has earned this opportunity. He performed really well in the POD events he was in, so it'd be neat to see how he could do in Vegas again after years away from Sam Boyd.

5. Tristan England in EarthShaker - this seems insanely unlikely, but he is a really great driver. And he's in a new, unique truck so maybe they could put him in for representation?

6. Camden Murphy in Pirate's Curse - literally same exact as Tristan.

7. Eric Swanson in Obsessed - phenomenal year, even won a freestyle on a televised event. That's big points for Vegas contention. However, personally, I just see them maybe waiting 1 more season for him.

8. Rosalee Ramer in Wild Flower - once again, had a great season. Some tough breaks, but overall she had a good showing on TV in the west tour. Same as Swanson, however, I really see them waiting one more season before giving her the nod.

9. Buddy Tompkins in Razin Kane - great season on the west tour, really opened some eyes up to him. Honestly see him being just as likely as Jester.

10. Roy Pridgeon in Ice Cream Mean - same as above, equal opportunity as Jester and RK.

11. Cory Rummel in Rage - this boy is BAD ASS. Would love for him to make it in Vegas, only thing I see is the representation of already 1 Team Scream truck in the show. Ergo, DDSD I think is the likeliest spot for him.

• Upvote 2

My Final 9:

1. FS1 Cleatus - Colt Stephens (If Frank Krmel isn't behind the wheel of the sport's official sponsor truck, this guy better get the call.)
2. Zombie - Bari Musawwir (Pretty obvious)
3. Soldier Fortune - Chad Fortune (Again, pretty obvious)
4. VP Racing Fuels' Mad Scientist - Lee O'Donnell (No comment.)

5. Max-D - Colton Eichelberger (The dude's been killing it all year, so why not?)
6. El Toro Loco - Becky McDonough (If Feld turns this one down again....)

7. Stone Crusher - Steve Sims (He's a veteran, and has one of the highest freestyle averages in the WF. That's why.)

8. Carolina Crusher - Gary Porter (This guy has done amazing in arenas this year, and is very underrated in my opinion.)

9. Monster Mutt Junkyard Dog - Dustin Brown (Whatever happened to this truck? One year and it's gone? This guy deserves to be back for a third year one way or another.)

• Upvote 2

I predict:

FS1 Cleatus - Colt

Zombie - Bari

VP Mad Scientist - Lee

Soldier Fortune - Chad

Max-D - Colton

El Toro Loco - Becky or Chuck

Alien Invasion - Pablo

Pirates Curse - Camden (After winning DD Showdown)

??? - Randy OR Carolina Crusher - Gary IF he accepts an invite  

Here's my final 9. This is not really a prediction, it's more of what I'm hoping will happen. I chose based on how each driver performed this season.

1. Randy Brown - Won an arena tour

2. Pablo Huffaker - Won an arena tour

3. Gary Porter - Won an arena tour

4. Lee O'Donnell - Finished 2nd in stadium tour 4

5. C. Eichelberger - Finished 3rd in the East tour after joining late

6. Chuck Werner - Finished 4th against tough competition in the East tour

7. Carl Van Horn - Finished 3rd in stadium tour 3. If McDonough makes it, then how can he not? He finished ahead of her.

8. Colt Stephens - Finished 5th in the West tour, which was probably the strongest tour this season 

9. Becky McDonough - Finished 4th in stadium tour 3.

If guys who won their tours don't get invites, then what is the point of keeping track of points for those tours? The points just expose how unfair World Finals selection is. We all already knew it was unfair, but this makes it tangible. 

To me, leaving out Brown, Huffaker or Porter would be ludicrous. Of course I won't be surprised if they are left out, but that doesn't make it any less nonsensical.