World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

23 minutes ago, barry the bee said:

Don't get all excited yes they might start a new era which means new tracks maybe but then when they have the new tracks that means we're going to see he same track over and over and we'll be back to square 1 after the 1st year but if they manage to change the style then I'll be happy 

As long as that "style" is nothing like the insanity that was 2014's track, we're all good.

1 hour ago, barry the bee said:

Don't get all excited yes they might start a new era which means new tracks maybe but then when they have the new tracks that means we're going to see he same track over and over and we'll be back to square 1 after the 1st year but if they manage to change the style then I'll be happy 

Something like 2007-2010 would be ideal in terms of track variety. There were about 3-4 different tracks that were used in each of those years and MJ added little changes to each that made it different enough. 

4 minutes ago, bkelly said:

Something like 2007-2010 would be ideal in terms of track variety. There were about 3-4 different tracks that were used in each of those years and MJ added little changes to each that made it different enough. 

Yeah I liked 2014 a lot the color theme and they changed the obstacles every show even though they weren't the biggest like 2010 they were still fan and somewhat creative 

That may have been one of the most exciting world finals i have ever watched. Lee deserved that win in my opinion and im happy for Ryan finally winning a world finals trophy. Another thing im happy about is seeing Jim doing so well and excited to see what he has in store for this season with the new truck

I just got back from Vegas a couple hours ago. I assure you guys, as great as it was watching highlights/livestreams, it was indescribably amazing live. Lee's flip was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It was so spectacular that the people around my family and me, complete strangers, were high fiving us and looking around like, "did that just happen?!?" The whole weekend was fantastic. 

I've only got one question. What came off of Ryan's truck at the end of his run? It shot through the body on what looked like the same corner of the suspension that broke on the backflip. Was it a cap off the shocks? The hole looked like it was about that size, but I'm not an expert at that like some of you guys are.

• Upvote 1

Actually, after going back and heavily critiquing the three runs between Jim, Lee, and Neil... I know Lee had the front flip and a backflip. But his whole run prior to that felt so conservative. Barely clearing the dirt pad or not clearing it at all on many jumps and not really keeping his momentum or presence known. Jim and that beautiful sounding engine kept the throttle mashed and had great momentum and air. it was ear candy. Neil had better momentum, more air, seemed less conservative and then let it all hang out. Happy for Lee and those are the top 3 run definetly. In the end, Majority of Fans voted for Lee.

but im sure we all reacted like this kid did

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Actually, after going back and heavily critiquing the three runs between Jim, Lee, and Neil... I know Lee had the front flip and a backflip. But his whole run prior to that felt so conservative. Barely clearing the dirt pad or not clearing it at all on many jumps and not really keeping his momentum or presence known. Jim and that beautiful sounding engine kept the throttle mashed and had great momentum and air. it was ear candy. Neil had better momentum, more air, seemed less conservative and then let it all hang out. Happy for Lee and those are the top 3 run definetly. In the end, Majority of Fans voted for Lee.

but im sure we all reacted like this kid did

Best reaction ever lmao

If you are going to win due to one thing in your run, make sure it is something that everyone will remember for years to come. I believe Neil should have won overall (both he and Kohler were scored correctly) but what Lee did was insane, there is so much that could have caused it to go wrong and he managed to make it look like anyone could have done it. He won.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

If you are going to win due to one thing in your run, make sure it is something that everyone will remember for years to come. I believe Neil should have won overall (both he and Kohler were scored correctly) but what Lee did was insane, there is so much that could have caused it to go wrong and he managed to make it look like anyone could have done it. He won.

I mean it's exploded on social media, but I imagine this is a double edged sword because now that's gonna be his thing much like how the McTwist is Cam's move and people will want to see it recreated