World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

I don't see how feld listen.. so far what I can see the "bus" jump is a dirt ramp.. the trucks won't even touch the bus.. I wish they would just get rid of most of the dirt ramp and put the cars and vans back in.. it's the 25th anniversary and we're probably only going to get to see 4-5 cars Actually crushed? Maybe an RV? I hope I'm wrong and the other side of the picture is all cars but I doubt it 

1 minute ago, greedblind89 said:

I don't see how feld listen.. so far what I can see the "bus" jump is a dirt ramp.. the trucks won't even touch the bus.. I wish they would just get rid of most of the dirt ramp and put the cars and vans back in.. it's the 25th anniversary and we're probably only going to get to see 4-5 cars Actually crushed? Maybe an RV? I hope I'm wrong and the other side of the picture is all cars but I doubt it 

Some of the earlier guys out are likely going to hit it. Why are you bashing on them now when nobody's seen the entire track yet?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, greedblind89 said:

Kinda what I thought they kinda buried it tom much and the rest isn much different then last year I know I haven't seen the whole track yet so I'll just say what I think so far but other then that I'm happy they put a bus out 

16 minutes ago, greedblind89 said:

Dude junkyards don't have cars like they used to nor are they selling them off as well or fair as they used to

17 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Some of the earlier guys out are likely going to hit it. Why are you bashing on them now when nobody's seen the entire track yet?

I'm not saying no one is going hit the ramp at all... I'm saying there's no point for the bus because the trucks won't even touch it.. to me it's still just another dirt ramp.. I wish they had gone back to the old days were we  actually got to see them hit cars buses and vans with no dirt.. world finals used to have all the  biggest obstacles from other shows that year.. now it's just dirt ramps 

12 minutes ago, greedblind89 said:

I've read various places that the BKT's are sensitive against cars, RVs and Buses. They tend to pop a lot easier than tires used in the past, which is why there's been such a shift to dirt mounds. Also using just dirt is a lot cheaper than using 20-30 cars and a few RVs from a junkyard, it's actually safer too when you think about it, since there is a lot less debris coming off the cars and RVs.

The fact is that Monster Truck racing has evolved from being just car crushes like it was 30 years ago. If not seeing any cars crushed is going to disappoint you, then you may as well not even be a fan. If Monster Truck racing were still just car crushes no one would watch. Look at events like the Triple Threat Series, the shift to just dirt has mad arena shows a lot more enjoyable. Prior to the arena setups they do now, it used to be a van stack in the middle of the floor, and maybe an MX ramp depending how big the floor is, then there were two racing ramps. When it was just that arena shows were lame.

Now, when it comes to stadium, with dirt you can sculpt dirt into any kind of jump you want. With Buses, RVs and cars you had to sculpt the ramps around those. The dirt allows for a lot more freedom.

I like how there is more room between the two sets of jumps. I'm a bit disappointed with the set near the back stands, they've been doing that since 2015. I love the first set near the scoreboard, those jumps have grades that aren't as steep as the rest of the jumps they've been building. The fountain is cool, I like how raised it is. Otherwise the track is more solid than the last two years.

5 minutes ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

I've read various places that the BKT's are sensitive against cars, RVs and Buses. They tend to pop a lot easier than tires used in the past, which is why there's been such a shift to dirt mounds. Also using just dirt is a lot cheaper than using 20-30 cars and a few RVs from a junkyard, it's actually safer too when you think about it, since there is a lot less debris coming off the cars and RVs.

The fact is that Monster Truck racing has evolved from being just car crushes like it was 30 years ago. If not seeing any cars crushed is going to disappoint you, then you may as well not even be a fan. If Monster Truck racing were still just car crushes no one would watch. Look at events like the Triple Threat Series, the shift to just dirt has mad arena shows a lot more enjoyable. Prior to the arena setups they do now, it used to be a van stack in the middle of the floor, and maybe an MX ramp depending how big the floor is, then there were two racing ramps. When it was just that arena shows were lame.

Now, when it comes to stadium, with dirt you can sculpt dirt into any kind of jump you want. With Buses, RVs and cars you had to sculpt the ramps around those. The dirt allows for a lot more freedom.

I get it but when you can sculpt the dirt into anything then it would be a lot better then cars but when they sculpt it into the same thing all the time it gets boring I miss the cars but it's safety first and I get that but I wish they would get more creative, not trying to bash you or anything just saying my perspective 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

That makes a lot of sense and I agree the arena shows should stick to the new format.. but  I think stadium events should go back to the old ways I'm not saying they just run over some cars but how they used to have it.. my favorite part of going to an event was the walking in the stadium and seeing what the track looked like and what were the biggest  obstacles.. now I see nothing but dirt.. I agree with the dirt ramps you can do a lot more stuff but I believe it takes away from what monster trucks were all about.. don't get rid of the dirt ramps  completely but throw some more old-school Obstacles back in the mix  I have been watching monster trucks for the past 24 years so maybe my age does play a factor lol but I miss the old events.. and for the  25th anniversary they should've went back to the roots 

1 minute ago, barry the bee said:

I get it but when you can sculpt the dirt into anything then it would be a lot better then cars but when they sculpt it into the same thing all the time it gets boring I miss the cars but it's safety first and I get that but I wish they would get more creative, not trying to bash you or anything just saying my perspective 

I get that too. The dirt bad by the endzone seats has been the same since at least World Finals 16. Like, it's the World Finals, the freestyle course should be significantly different every year.

• Upvote 1

Didnt World Finals 8-11 share many of the same car jumps? The weird jump with the step up on both sides was used in WF 10 and 11, and the box van/container/small bus jump was used in WF 7,8, and 10. The fountain jump in the middle of the stadium was used in WF 8 and 10, with the same thing being used minus the fountain in WF 12 and 13. Not to mention WF 12,13, and 14 practically had the same set up. WF 8 and 9 both had the same trailer jump, it was just swapped in 2008.

I see a lot of people complaining at the repition since 2015 (even I did a little), but the World Finals has reused ideas many times before (not just the last 3).

• Upvote 2