My Idea For A Monster Jam Game

IamStevenMalley

How are you, I am doing pretty alright myself. I am a huge fan of Monster Jam. I have been ever since I was a kid. One of the things that I loved to do was play the Monster Jam video games, and I still do to this day. I mainly play "Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction" on my Xbox 360 (yes, I still use it), "Monster Jam: Urban Assault" and the "Monster Jam (2007)" games on my Wii. Personally, from playing the mobile game and watching gameplay footage of “Battlegrounds" and "Crush It!", The games have been degrading in quality ever since my childhood. Keep in mind; this is coming from an adult fan. What I would like to see is a shift in focus regarding who the games are being played by, and who is following Monster Jam as a whole. On behalf of the adult fanbase, and the entire monster truck community; I would like to see a realistic Monster Jam game. As for who can make it, personally; I was thinking about EA Canada or EA Tiburon (Electronic Arts, Known for both Madden and Fifa). If not them, then either Turn 10 (recognized for the Forza Motorsport series) or Codemasters (known for their F1 and Dirt series). 2K Sports is another good developer for this video game. I feel as though, for accessibility reasons, this game should be developed and released for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox one, PS4, and PC/Mac OSX/Linux. As for what to expect out of the game, there are several features that I would like to see. 

First: Multiplayer. A huge factor to consider during the development period. It also makes it so that people can race, freestyle, do wheelie competitions, etc. with one another online. People can also go on tour, and do stuff like simulate the FS1 series, or Triple Threat Series. The player can also create custom tours to go on with a party. The host can pause their tour and be picked back up at a later date in time. This same idea also applies to local multiplayer. The host can name the tour that they make, like "Path of Destruction East/West." They could make it so that it is a combination of arenas and stadiums if they wanted to. A person will win through a points system, like the actual series in Monster Jam today. The max amount of players for a single party depends on what tour you do. For the Triple Threat Series, the max value will be 8; for the FS1/Stadium series, the max amount will be 14. Just like in real life. Players will also do qualifying to set a racing bracket for that particular event. Just like in real life, for the stadium series, only eight players will be racing. The six that didn't make the racing bracket will do a wheelie competition.

Second: Destinations. Another factor to deeply consider. What of someone doesn’t want to compete in a large stadium like Ford Field, AT&T Stadium, Angel Stadium? Maybe they want to compete in smaller arenas. For example, the player would want to compete at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. Or in the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI. It also gives variety to the player for both offline, and online competitions. Plus, with Atlanta getting a new stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, it would be perfect timing.

Third: What people can do in the game. What if the player wants to do a Triple Threat Series location or a smaller arena? It opens the door for wheelie and donut competitions, etc. Also, another feature that people will enjoy having; Track Building. Think of it as Super Mario Maker, but with Monster Jam. People can rebuild tracks from the past, and they can share and download their tracks off the internet and play on them. The creator can also choose how the races will run on their course. They can choose Chicago style, Vegas style, SoCal, Jersey, etc. It opens the door for creation. Another feature that people would go crazy for is Truck Customization. Well, a more advanced version of it. They choose the engine style they would want, shocks, body, sponsors, color, etc. People can let those creative juices flow and make something great. They can also share and download truck designs off the internet. In the single event mode, players can choose from the ATV Race, Speedster Race, Stadium/Arena Racing, Freestyle, and the stunt contests. Players can practice with these modes against AI before going online and competing against human opponents.

Fourth: Sponsors within the games. Another easy one, considering that this game is targeting an older audience. It should allow sponsors like Lucas Oil, Monster Energy, and VP Racing Fuels to be in the game, since this would be more like a simulator, as opposed to an arcade game. Plus, if the Air Force Afterburner can be in a game, why can't Monster Energy be in it? It's a no-no to put an energy drink brand in a video game, but not a military branch?

Fifth: A Career Mode. This one is a no-brainer. The player will have the ability to choose which tour they would like to go on. Like the FS1 East/West or the Triple Threat Series East/Central/West. Either way, this is the road to Las Vegas for the player offline.

Sixth: Extra Information that was left out. In the single event mode, all stadiums/arenas and monster trucks will be available from the start. Just like in Madden or Fifa. Also, the player should have the ability to change the skins of the trucks. An example of being able to change skins is Avenger, because of the plethora of bodies that truck has for the world finals, and over the years. The same idea applies to several different monster trucks like Monster Mutt, Grave Digger, Max-D, Bounty Hunter, and others. Another example of multiple skins is Monster Mutt. The player can select the Monster Mutt, press the select button or whatever, and pick from the Monster Mutt Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Junkyard Dog, etc. It also opens the door for other Grave Diggers and Max-Ds to be in the game. I also feel that both the boost and jump features from previous games needs to be omitted entirely from gameplay. An arcade mode can contain stuff like stunt contests (wheelies and donuts), speedster races, and ATV races to satisfy younger fans. The UI can be like FS1's. I'm sorry, I couldn't find another place to put this little bit of info.

Seventh and Final: DLC. How will it be handled? Personally, I'd love to see a superhero pack that contains both the DC and Marvel trucks with their alternate skins (as is the case with Batman and Spiderman). As long as they charge something like $5.00 for it; make it good and cheap, and people will buy it. Assuming the developers and Feld can get the licenses from Warner Bros.(DC), Fox, and Disney (because of how Marvel had to split movie rights, and that Disney bought them). It is also how people will be able to get all of Avenger's skins, all of the Grave Digger anniversary and world finals skins, etc.

Give the Madden/Forza/Dirt treatment to Monster Jam games and people will buy them.

What do you guys/girls think of this idea?
Edited by IamStevenMalley
Grammer and spelling edits
  • Upvote 1

Another great thing can be arcade mode and simulation mode. Arcade for those kids and simulation for who wants a realistic experience, same with damage with no damage, only cosmetic damage and realistic damage. That would be very good... 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Skyliner849 said:

Another great thing can be arcade mode and simulation mode. Arcade for those kids and simulation for who wants a realistic experience, same with damage with no damage, only cosmetic damage and realistic damage. That would be very good... 

So basically Gran Turismo for Monster Jam fans. I dig it.

• Upvote 2

See here's the thing, for years (I've been on forums for a decade, back during the 2007/2008 games people were saying the same thing and I imagine it goes back even further) people have been asking for it but it just hasn't happened. Sadly we don't have the same appeal or large scale of fans or even view as sports like Formula 1 or NFL. I mean most average people think monster trucks are either rednecks going thru them muddin holes YEE HAW or thought they stopped in the 1980s. 

• Upvote 1

As for the trucks in the game, I would say the following:

• Grave Digger
  • Max-D
  • El Toro Loco
  • Monster Mutt
  • Monster Mutt Dalmatian
  • Monster Mutt Rottweiler
  • Great Clips Mohawk Warrior
  • Avenger
  • Brutus
  • Scooby-Doo
  • Megalodon
  • Earth Shaker
  • Zombie
  • New Earth Authority
  • Monster Energy (CRD)
  • Son-Uva Digger
  • Lucas Oil Crusader
  • Stone Crusher
  • Pirate's Curse
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Metal Mulisha
  • Dragon
  • VP Racing Fuel's Mad Scientist
  • Alien Invasion

And as DLC:

• Big Kahuna
  • Northern Nightmare
  • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
  • RAGE
  • Jester
  • Carolina Crusher

22 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:
  • Monster Mutt
  • Monster Mutt Dalmatian

He said that there could be skins for the Mutt trucks so you can combine all of these into Monster Mutt.

As far as my list, it would go:

• Digger ( regular, all anniversary skins, 2006, throwback Grandma)
  • Max-D (grey, yellow, gold, red)
  • Avenger (regular, orange, chrome, blue, red, yellow, hot rod, purple, white, junkyard)
  • Brutus (regular, Mega-Bite, Spike)
  • Gas Monkey
  • Megaladon
  • Earth Shaker
  • Alien Invasion
  • VP
  • SUD
  • Pirates Curse
  • Captain's Curse (all Blacksmiths, regular, black)
  • NEA (regular, Blue, Doom's Day)
  • Crusader
  • Scooby Doo
  • Bounty Hunter (regular, throwback)
  • Scarlet Bandit (regular, throwback)
  • Iron Outlaw (regular, throwback)
  • Monster Energy (Todd, Coty)
  • Zombie
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Mohawk Warrior (regular, An Escalade throwback)
  • Hooked
  • Stone Crusher
  • Monster Mutt (regular, Dalmatian, JYD, Rotty, throwback)
  • Metal Mulisha
  • Northern Nightmare
  • Firestorm
  • Jester
  • Rage
  • Blue Thunder
  • Kahuna
  • Carolina Crusher

Probably would make some cuts.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

As for the trucks in the game, I would say the following:

• Grave Digger
  • Max-D
  • El Toro Loco
  • Monster Mutt
  • Monster Mutt Dalmatian
  • Great Clips Mohawk Warrior
  • Avenger
  • Brutus
  • Scooby-Doo
  • Megalodon
  • Earth Shaker
  • Zombie
  • New Earth Authority
  • Monster Energy (CRD)
  • Son-Uva Digger
  • Lucas Oil Crusader
  • Stone Crusher
  • Pirate's Curse
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Metal Mulisha
  • Dragon
  • VP Racing Fuel's Mad Scientist
  • Alien Invasion

And as DLC:

• Big Kahuna
  • Northern Nightmare
  • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
  • RAGE
  • Jester
  • Carolina Crusher

I like it, but I would personally make a few changes. Your current DLC list seems a bit awkward. Personally, Northern Nightmare, Team Hot Wheels, and Carolina Crusher would be in the game by default since they're FELD owned trucks. Big Kahuna would be in the core game because of one reason, I like it. Personally, I'd rather have the DC and Marvel trucks be DLC. Jester and RAGE can stay as DLC too. As for the mutts, this is where my idea of skins comes in. The Dalmation and Rottweiler would be skins for Monster Mutt. I was also thinking of having the Junkyard Dog and the 03'-'15 body as DLC. Also, I think Hooked can be DLC too. Gas Monkey Garage I think would be in the core game, alongside Blue Thunder.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

He said that there could be skins for the Mutt trucks so you can combine all of these into Monster Mutt.

As far as my list, it would go:

• Digger ( regular, all anniversary skins, 2006, throwback Grandma)
  • Max-D (grey, yellow, gold, red)
  • Avenger (regular, orange, chrome, blue, red, yellow, hot rod, purple, white, junkyard)
  • Brutus (regular, Mega-Bite, Spike)
  • Gas Monkey
  • Megaladon
  • Earth Shaker
  • Alien Invasion
  • VP
  • SUD
  • Pirates Curse
  • Captain's Curse (all Blacksmiths, regular, black)
  • NEA (regular, Blue, Doom's Day)
  • Crusader
  • Scooby Doo
  • Bounty Hunter (regular, throwback)
  • Scarlet Bandit (regular, throwback)
  • Iron Outlaw (regular, throwback)
  • Monster Energy (Todd, Coty)
  • Zombie
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Mohawk Warrior (regular, An Escalade throwback)
  • Hooked
  • Stone Crusher

Probably would make some cuts.

I love this list! However, don't forget Metal Mulisha (Crurrent, 2012-2016), Northern Nightmare, and Monster Mutt (Current, Dalmatian, Rottweiler, Junkyard Dog, '03-'15), and Team Hot Wheels Firestorm (Normal, WFXVIII). Other than that, it's flat out perfect. Oh, I was also thinking we could add other drivers Grave Diggers as DLC. Like Adam's, Charlie's, Pablo's, Cole's, Morgan's, you get the point already XD.

1 minute ago, IamStevenMalley said:

I love this list! However, don't forget Metal Mulisha (Crurrent, 2012-2016), Northern Nightmare, and Monster Mutt (Current, Dalmation, Rottweiler, Junkyard Dog, '03-'15). Other than those, flat out perfect. Oh, I was also thinking we could add other drivers Grave Diggers as DLC. Like Adam's, Charlie's, Pablo's, Cole's, Morgan's, you get the point already XD.

Adding extra trucks now, but wouldn't it make no sense to do extra drivers if in every single MJ game, a PEI is used for every chassis (except for trucks like Grave Digger 7 in MD)?

31 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

See here's the thing, for years (I've been on forums for a decade, back during the 2007/2008 games people were saying the same thing and I imagine it goes back even further) people have been asking for it but it just hasn't happened. Sadly we don't have the same appeal or large scale of fans or even view as sports like Formula 1 or NFL. I mean most average people think monster trucks are either rednecks going thru them muddin holes YEE HAW or thought they stopped in the 1980s. 

I know, and it's depressing. But I'm doing this out of hope, and what I would want it to be like.

• Upvote 1

I'd have these trucks as default (Less core trucks = less space the initial download takes up, especially with a game as heavy as full-scale monster truck sim)

Grave Digger

Max-D

Lucas Oil Crusader

Monster Mutt (all three)

Mohawk Warrior

El Toro Loco

Carolina Crusher

Gas Monkey Garage 

Metal Mulisha

Son Uva Digger

Team Hot Wheels

Dragon

Northern Nightmare 

Monster Energy

DLC (free):

Jester

Rage

Avenger

Earth Shaker

Alien Invasion

Team Meents

Black Smith

Other trucks of course but this is just a small list.

I love your idea of a sim. It all seems great, and it sounds fun. Sadly, I just don't think MJ would ever listen. 

Now, RoR has potentional. We have the content creators, we have the online competition, and we even have side mods that could work in future versions (maybe in .4) like loaders and speedsters. This could be a massive project, making speedsters and stuff and seeing if loaders work, but it'd be fun if we could get it sorted out.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Adding extra trucks now, but wouldn't it make no sense to do extra drivers if in every single MJ game, a PEI is used for every chassis (except for trucks like Grave Digger 7 in MD)?

You have a point there, and it could get repeitive. Maybe their world finals paint schemes, like Charlie's green digger, or Cole's purple one? Or Morgan's orange one, and Dennis's chrome one? Also, I think Captain's Curse should be DLC.

Edited by IamStevenMalley

2 minutes ago, bkelly said:

I'd have these trucks as default (Less core trucks = less space the initial download takes up, especially with a game as heavy as full-scale monster truck sim)

Grave Digger

Max-D

Lucas Oil Crusader

Monster Mutt (all three)

Mohawk Warrior

El Toro Loco

Carolina Crusher

Gas Monkey Garage 

Metal Mulisha

Son Uva Digger

Team Hot Wheels

Dragon

Northern Nightmare 

Monster Energy

DLC (free):

Jester

Rage

Avenger

Earth Shaker

Alien Invasion

Team Meents

Black Smith

Good list, but i'd think Alien Invasion, Avenger, and Earth Shaker would be in the core game. Black Smith, Jester, and Rage would be great DLC. Team Meents would probably also be in the core game as an alternative skin for Max-D. Oh, and don't forget the Junkyard Dog for Monster Mutt!