My Idea For A Monster Jam Game

IamStevenMalley

17 hours ago, Elias said:

Feld can make good money off of the game they just need to put in the effort to do it and hire an actual good gaming development team 

Thats actually exactly why they can't make good money off a realistic Monster Jam game, it would cost a ton of money to make and they it wouldn't sell enough to make a profit. If FELD thought they could make money off a realistic Monster Jam game, they probably would have done it by now.

18 minutes ago, BoomBaby said:

Thats actually exactly why they can't make good money off a realistic Monster Jam game, it would cost a ton of money to make and they it wouldn't sell enough to make a profit. If FELD thought they could make money off a realistic Monster Jam game, they probably would have done it by now.

That's nonsense. There is at least 2000 people who want a realistic game, and at $30 for the game, 2000 people, that's $60,000. Now, if they pay the game developers $500,000 then it's a win win situation for everyone. amirite.

2 hours ago, MJFanatic said:

That's nonsense. There is at least 2000 people who want a realistic game, and at $30 for the game, 2000 people, that's $60,000. Now, if they pay the game developers $500,000 then it's a win win situation for everyone. amirite.

The math checks out. If enough people pay $30-$60 for a copy of the game, they'll make a profit.

30 minutes ago, IamStevenMalley said:

Plus, if the game gets released for the Nintendo Switch, it's just an added bonus. They can easily take this game with them, wherever they go. But then again, our Monster Jam game would have to compete against Mariokart 8 Deluxe on the switch.

I don't think a Switch could handle a realistic Monster Jam game, because of the physics calculations involved. 

3 minutes ago, BoomBaby said:

I don't think a Switch could handle a realistic Monster Jam game, because of the physics calculations involved. 

You could be right, or I'm right. But it's too early in that consoles life span for either of us to make a judgment like that.

Edited by IamStevenMalley

1 hour ago, IamStevenMalley said:

The math checks out. If enough people pay $30-$60 for a copy of the game, they'll make a profit.

It was a joke. It would take literally a million people buying the game for them to make a profit.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, IamStevenMalley said:

It's just throwing ideas around and all fun and games, that all. Did you even read the entire thread?

No, and anyone that's been here longer than 6 months doesn't need to to know how often it comes up and nothing ever changes since there is usually a thread like this every year.

I don't need to read your entire thread to know exactly what it contains, threads like this have existed since the days of MTM2. Simplest way to put it is if you want the game you're envisioning then you need to create it yourself otherwise it will forever remain nothing more than a wish. Only thing I'll really say is don't get your hopes up if you ever expect an official release of something remotely close to what Rigs of Rods has become.

11 hours ago, RKM said:

No, and anyone that's been here longer than 6 months doesn't need to to know how often it comes up and nothing ever changes since there is usually a thread like this every year.

I don't need to read your entire thread to know exactly what it contains, threads like this have existed since the days of MTM2. Simplest way to put it is if you want the game you're envisioning then you need to create it yourself otherwise it will forever remain nothing more than a wish. Only thing I'll really say is don't get your hopes up if you ever expect an official release of something remotely close to what Rigs of Rods has become.

And, I'm fine with it being that way! Besides, in the long run; we've got ror and beamng to fill that void. But I do have a question. Of all posts to be revived (receiving notifications again), why this one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...