Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts on this past weekend's shows:

Laredo, TX - Glad to see that BJ took a couple of Overall Wins in GMG's homestate. Each event was pretty dang good with everyone giving it their all. But if I may ask...what happened with the first half of the Saturday Evening show? GMG, Stallion and Overkill were out for Racing that evening, with GMG still being out Two Wheels, but returning for FS. But despite that, really good weekend for Laredo.

Melbourne - Proud of Randy. He took an Overall Win on the Saturday Afternoon show against the likes of 4 top rank competitors (LeDuc, McDonald, Ellliott and Anderson), and on top of that killed it in Two Wheels and FS. The following show was just as good with Rhianna Buchanan once again proving to be spectacular in Two Wheels, and Anderson taking the Overall Win.

Indianapolis, IN - Holy crap this show was bad, possibly the worst stadium show of 2017. Nearly every truck crashed or broke early in Two Wheels and/or FS, Avenger was out for Racing, and Mutant was out for Freestyle. And the scoring.....it was World Finals 16/17 all over again. Brutus only lasted about a minute through his freestyle and got a 7.255 out of it, while Hot Wheels lasts a minute and a half with no backflip and gets an 8.730.....what? If I do have to give some positive notes about tho, Two Wheels and Freestyle had a no doubt winner, and I was very impressed with Tony Ochs. But none of that makes up for how awful this show was overall.

It was also announced that Crush It will be coming to the Switch on October 31, with Megalodon being added to the truck selection.

2 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Indianapolis, IN - Holy crap this show was bad, possibly the worst stadium show of 2017. Nearly every truck crashed or broke early in Two Wheels and/or FS, Avenger was out for Racing, and Mutant was out for Freestyle. And the scoring.....it was World Finals 16/17 all over again. Brutus only lasted about a minute through his freestyle and got a 7.255 out of it, while Hot Wheels lasts a minute and a half with no backflip and gets an 8.730.....what? If I do have to give some positive notes about tho, Two Wheels and Freestyle had a no doubt winner, and I was very impressed with Tony Ochs. But none of that makes up for how awful this show was overall.

Well as someone who was actually there I'll weigh in. This show was actually pretty great if you look at literally anything other than just the summary on MonsterJam.com.

One truck breaking for racing and one truck breaking early in freestyle makes a bad show? That happens most shows, sometime even more truck break. Scoring issues? Brutus went out first and near moon shotted every jump setting a baseline for the rest of the night. It was on the way to a really impressive run. Hotwheels? First truck to match the air, and also had a backflip, I have no clue how you came to the conclusion he didn't have one. Look below: 

22467678_1472573592849937_62269015523594

Tons of drivers gave it their all and put on a great show, I don't see how two breakages and you not understanding how the scores worked makes this the worst show of the year.

Worcester, MA (the arena show that will have HotWheels, Crusader, Kane in Digger and others break off from their stadium tour.) Will be getting Dawn and Jim Creten as the last 2 trucks in the lineup, Members of 2Xtreme Racing told me this at a recent show i went to at a FairGrounds, i will be attending Worcester as well as Providence RI for First Quarter, also Traxxas Monster Truck Destruction Tour's first event of the season will be held in Springfield MA January 12-13. That show is a TBA for me.

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

"I doubt this will happen, but I hope this comes out as a Hotwheels"
Kid you are a MJ superfan and you know the hotwheel deal no longer exists, what koolaid are you drinking?

I thought it ended in like 2019, but yeah Even I think they wont make it