Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

Man, that was a really nice instance where the truck nearly crashed but ended up back on its wheels at the end.

Also I'm starting to miss the announcer commentary during freestyle. Didn't really add a whole lot, but it kinda helped pump the crowd up and provide a reaction to what was going on. The lack of it makes me wonder if they got rid of it because it wasn't necessary, or if the commentators they hired don't know much about what the trucks are doing.

6 hours ago, JackMProductions said:

Man, that was a really nice instance where the truck nearly crashed but ended up back on its wheels at the end.

Also I'm starting to miss the announcer commentary during freestyle. Didn't really add a whole lot, but it kinda helped pump the crowd up and provide a reaction to what was going on. The lack of it makes me wonder if they got rid of it because it wasn't necessary, or if the commentators they hired don't know much about what the trucks are doing.

Honestly other than Ryan most of the commentators seem so... wooden and fake. 

They had Faruq from ABC Battlebots as a commentator back in 2016, they should've capitalized on that hard. Man knows how to hype a crowd

5 hours ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

They had Faruq from ABC Battlebots as a commentator back in 2016, they should've capitalized on that hard. Man knows how to hype a crowd

You're definitely right about the announcers not being able to make themselves sound genuine without sounding ham-fisted. With past announcers, even though they weren't genuinely reacting either, it sounded like they really meant what they said. I watched some arena show on tv last week, and the announcers weren't too bad, but they've still got these quirky young voices which made it feel kinda corny.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Yeah Ryan seems to be the only one to actually try. For example, after a two wheel run, he explains what they were trying to do and after a freestyle he makes a few comments on it. Lots of genuine energy from him. The others seem to be really "by the book", as most of them probably had no idea what MJ was before getting hired. There's a few exceptions, like Taylor and Ken, but the rest are just bleh honestly. Same goes with a lot of the new drivers, they all seem so fake (like Bryce repeats the same speech about the fans and what not every show lol)

40 minutes ago, Chris 🅱️ said:

Yeah Ryan seems to be the only one to actually try. For example, after a two wheel run, he explains what they were trying to do and after a freestyle he makes a few comments on it. Lots of genuine energy from him. The others seem to be really "by the book", as most of them probably had no idea what MJ was before getting hired. There's a few exceptions, like Taylor and Ken, but the rest are just bleh honestly. Same goes with a lot of the new drivers, they all seem so fake (like Bryce repeats the same speech about the fans and what not every show lol)

Now Bryce I gotta disagree with. He did a podcast with the AllMonster guys back last year, guy knows his stuff. I mean hell Dennis made a career giving the same speech, if you took a shot if he said "every shingle on my roof" you'd be dead before you got through a season.

47 minutes ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Now Bryce I gotta disagree with. He did a podcast with the AllMonster guys back last year, guy knows his stuff. I mean hell Dennis made a career giving the same speech, if you took a shot if he said "every shingle on my roof" you'd be dead before you got through a season.

Everyone on our tour  has the same interview every weekend too. Just how they do it now by asking yhe same questions