Jump to content
Sim Monsters
MoreMonsterJam

Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Swegliner849 said:

eh, closer angle i didnt see your post (chilean internet problems¯\_ツ_/¯)

I see now its all gucci then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Glendale was absolutely insane! I love the Two Wheel Skills competition. Also, Cynthia Gauthier was INCREDIBLE filling in for Briana Mahon. Overall I am so happy with how the show went. Probably the best of the tour so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Two words for Tristan; watch out.

 

looks pretty easy to trip over a bunch of obstacles, and call them saves

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seriously contemplating adding "save" to the swear filter so it shows up as crash recovery :rolleyes:

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that was a really nice instance where the truck nearly crashed but ended up back on its wheels at the end.

 

Also I'm starting to miss the announcer commentary during freestyle. Didn't really add a whole lot, but it kinda helped pump the crowd up and provide a reaction to what was going on. The lack of it makes me wonder if they got rid of it because it wasn't necessary, or if the commentators they hired don't know much about what the trucks are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoreMonsterJam said:

I mean like they literally added a Disney star as a their host the hell do you expect 

Someone better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JackMProductions said:

Man, that was a really nice instance where the truck nearly crashed but ended up back on its wheels at the end.

 

Also I'm starting to miss the announcer commentary during freestyle. Didn't really add a whole lot, but it kinda helped pump the crowd up and provide a reaction to what was going on. The lack of it makes me wonder if they got rid of it because it wasn't necessary, or if the commentators they hired don't know much about what the trucks are doing.

Honestly other than Ryan most of the commentators seem so... wooden and fake. 

They had Faruq from ABC Battlebots as a commentator back in 2016, they should've capitalized on that hard. Man knows how to hype a crowd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Honestly other than Ryan most of the commentators seem so... wooden and fake. 

They had Faruq from ABC Battlebots as a commentator back in 2016, they should've capitalized on that hard. Man knows how to hype a crowd

 

You're definitely right about the announcers not being able to make themselves sound genuine without sounding ham-fisted. With past announcers, even though they weren't genuinely reacting either, it sounded like they really meant what they said. I watched some arena show on tv last week, and the announcers weren't too bad, but they've still got these quirky young voices which made it feel kinda corny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Honestly other than Ryan most of the commentators seem so... wooden and fake. 

They had Faruq from ABC Battlebots as a commentator back in 2016, they should've capitalized on that hard. Man knows how to hype a crowd

 

Yeah Ryan seems to be the only one to actually try. For example, after a two wheel run, he explains what they were trying to do and after a freestyle he makes a few comments on it. Lots of genuine energy from him. The others seem to be really "by the book", as most of them probably had no idea what MJ was before getting hired. There's a few exceptions, like Taylor and Ken, but the rest are just bleh honestly. Same goes with a lot of the new drivers, they all seem so fake (like Bryce repeats the same speech about the fans and what not every show lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Chris 🅱️ said:

Yeah Ryan seems to be the only one to actually try. For example, after a two wheel run, he explains what they were trying to do and after a freestyle he makes a few comments on it. Lots of genuine energy from him. The others seem to be really "by the book", as most of them probably had no idea what MJ was before getting hired. There's a few exceptions, like Taylor and Ken, but the rest are just bleh honestly. Same goes with a lot of the new drivers, they all seem so fake (like Bryce repeats the same speech about the fans and what not every show lol)

Now Bryce I gotta disagree with. He did a podcast with the AllMonster guys back last year, guy knows his stuff. I mean hell Dennis made a career giving the same speech, if you took a shot if he said "every shingle on my roof" you'd be dead before you got through a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Now Bryce I gotta disagree with. He did a podcast with the AllMonster guys back last year, guy knows his stuff. I mean hell Dennis made a career giving the same speech, if you took a shot if he said "every shingle on my roof" you'd be dead before you got through a season.

Everyone on our tour  has the same interview every weekend too. Just how they do it now by asking yhe same questions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a delay with getting the body, the new identity for cali kid will be debuting
27459841_1573472232729131_36916184216839

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×