Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

I think Judges Zone isn't real. I'm not even gonna open up that can of worms here. Congratulations to Neil  for taking that win. Stadium tour 1 was a tough one this year. It's not that serious though bc we know all three of them will be in the WF. Those are 3 of the best drivers in  Monster Jam right now. I must ask to those who went, how was the freestyle? I feel like our shows here kind of lacked in that department.

Believe it or not, Judges Zone is real. They straight up told us they don’t care who wins. Digger will still kill it and sell merch whether it wins or not. You can tell it’s real because a run can be lame but have a cool save, and they’ll win just because of that. Definitely still fan judging 

Just now, NitroMenace said:

Believe it or not, Judges Zone is real. They straight up told us they don’t care who wins. Digger will still kill it and sell merch whether it wins or not. You can tell it’s real because a run can be lame but have a cool save, and they’ll win just because of that. Definitely still fan judging 

Yeah it's at least proof that the show's not rigged but like... honestly today I think Mohawk Warrior or Mutant should've won freestyle. Todd got slaughtered by the judge's this weekend. I know there's no real reason to be upset because guys like Bryce, Adam, and Todd will be in Vegas anyhow but still

\

Well something awesome that Monster Jam did today for ANaheim is that they livestreamed the whole show on their instagram, Also Randy Brown gave the Anaheim fans a awesome encore, Steven Sims JR wins racing and TWS in show two getting overall win. Oh and Iron outlaw did his first ever successful backflip which was cool. 

Next weekend im going to the El Paso shows which will be cool 

Just got back from Oakland and Nampa. In Oakland we battled some issues with the truck both shows unfortunately, but in Nampa we definitely had some better success. 

Friday Night:

Racing-

-First round win against Monster Mutt Dalmatian

-Second round win  against Tom in Max-D

-Final round just got edged out by Chuck in El Toro

Took third in the Two wheel competition just behind Digger and Max-D

Ended up taking third overall in the event standings. 

Saturday Night :

we ended up blowing a transmission in racing but we got it fixed in time for freestyle where Eric placed fourth. 

Saturday Afternoon:

This was our show and it felt great to finally have some luck on our side this season. 

Racing-

-First round win against Grave Digger

-Once again barely edged out by Chuck in El Toro

Two Wheel-

Eric got an awesome nose stand where he dragged the front bumper across the floor, but just barely lost to Tom in Max-D as he did his signature nose stands. Eric took a close second in this competition.

Donuts-

Ended up taking home fourth in the donut competition 

Freestyle-

Eric had an incredible save (Link below to video) with some great air mixed in and ended up taking home the freestyle win!

Eric was very consistent all event long and I am stoked to say that we ended up bringing home the Overall Event Championship!!! 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I think it's all the fans voting for their favorite. I myself am guilty for that. People will give Max D a 10 when he deserved a 7 and Mohawk a 2 when he deserved a 10.

That's been the problem with the previous forms of judging too.  I've been going to Monster Jam at my local arena since about 2002 back when there were just 3 fan judges, and I've also seen it when they had 5 judges and got rid of the low and the high. I've seen things like Grave Digger get a nearly perfect score after rolling just a little more than 10 seconds into a run, I think everyone that's been to mutliple shows has seen something simlar to this. The only way to stop any kind of bias like this, at least that I can think of would be if Feld brought in some retired drivers and had them go on the various tours as judges.

Even then i feel like it would be biased. Who would Dennis give a ten to even if he/she rolled 7 seconds in? Krysten, Ryan, or Adam? When Tom retires, who will he give a 10 to? Jared or Colton. I think this is the best way to do it, bc no one can complain about the "judges". You are the judge. So no matter how BS it may be, the fans supposedly picked it. Judging in MJ will never be fair.

9 minutes ago, NitroMenace said:

Soooo whatever happened to Brodozer does anyone know lol 

I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt, but I heard that they couldn't get the truck mechanically ready in time and are planning to unveil it at Vegas. It hasn't been called off yet because the brothers and Colt Stephens still talk about it, and Monster Jam already has merch for sale on their site for it.

Anaheim 4 and 5 were pretty decent. Iron Outlaw landed a backflip (first for mikeal). sims JR had the best weekend out of anybody. hope he makes vegas, deserves it. just flat out decent shows. 

On 2/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, MoreMonsterJam said:

I think

St Louis

Houston

Glendale

Anaheim

Foxboro

would be great for WF

all good locations. but anaheim is a little too small imo

On 2/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, MoreMonsterJam said:

The thing they are lacking is putting El Toro Loco in the most Hispanic city of their tour El Paso...like thats the reason most people go to MJ in EL Paso lol 

Anaheim has a pretty darn good Hispanic audience.