Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

Didn't know they ever did that O.O kinda surprised they didn't mention how certain moves are done (saves, bicycles, etc.)

Kaylyn Migues took her first ever Overall Win last Friday night. Pablo Huffaker drove Grave Digger for the final time last night (Saturday) in Florence. If this is really the end for him, he was truly a spectacular driver, and will always be remembered.

Philly was overall a really good show last night. Racing had a lot of trucks break and a few photo finishes. Luckily they got everyone back for 2 wheel skills. Pretty impressed seeing this for the first time in person kinda wish it was just a skills competition because Jamie garner threw down some sweet donuts. Lee probably should’ve won it but Tom just edged him out not that Tom didn’t have 2 good moves like Lee just personally thought Lee was a little better. Freestyle everyone threw down and the independents stayed on top of the leader board most of the night. Very impressed by hurricane force went big the whole run and a back flip, also the only one to drive away from a back flip all night. Adam burned it down in true digger fashion and Tom did as well but ended short when he ran into the wall and took out a fence. Todd was going for the win but the truck just couldn’t take the massive air he was getting easily 8-10ft higher then anyone else went all night. Fan judging wasn’t terrible but the first person in 2 wheel and freestyle that had a wow moment both got scored a little higher then they should have, not to take anything away from their moves just a little higher then the scores should’ve been.

56 minutes ago, kmp21093 said:

Philly was overall a really good show last night. Racing had a lot of trucks break and a few photo finishes. Luckily they got everyone back for 2 wheel skills. Pretty impressed seeing this for the first time in person kinda wish it was just a skills competition because Jamie garner threw down some sweet donuts. Lee probably should’ve won it but Tom just edged him out not that Tom didn’t have 2 good moves like Lee just personally thought Lee was a little better. Freestyle everyone threw down and the independents stayed on top of the leader board most of the night. Very impressed by hurricane force went big the whole run and a back flip, also the only one to drive away from a back flip all night. Adam burned it down in true digger fashion and Tom did as well but ended short when he ran into the wall and took out a fence. Todd was going for the win but the truck just couldn’t take the massive air he was getting easily 8-10ft higher then anyone else went all night. Fan judging wasn’t terrible but the first person in 2 wheel and freestyle that had a wow moment both got scored a little higher then they should have, not to take anything away from their moves just a little higher then the scores should’ve been.

Tom really went into the wall. I felt my seat move a little cause I was right there. Also Jamey covered my section in dust. Overall good show from me and glad they are back after too long.

So I just got back from MetLife, you know what that means. Another year, another review.

MetLife Stadium 2018 Review

Pit Party - This year's pit party was interesting as always. It took me quite a bit to get the Souvenir Yearbook, but I eventually got it and at that point began to hop on lines. This year I met Brad Allen, Cory Rummell, Brianna Mahon (for the 2nd time), Jamey Garner, Linsey Weenk, and Scott Buetow (for the 3rd time). I also asked Brianna if there was a difference between driving Whiplash and Scooby-Doo. She said not really, besides the windshield. I asked Cory how it felt winning the DDS, and he said it felt amazing. My dad told him that it's a dream of mine to become a Monster Jam driver (True fact peeps). Due to the weather conditions, I had to leave the pit party just under an hour before its closing to not get myself drenched. It was all downhill from there.....

Racing - This was honestly a very interesting bracket. I missed all of Round 1 because I was in line getting a poncho (Everyone around me had one. The rain was that bad). I did pay attention to the screens inside the stadium, and saw Cory pull off a nice upset over Ryan in the first round. Brad made it to the Semis which was really surprising, but there was something that shocked me; Scott made it to the Finals. He ended up losing to Adam, but damn, he was on a roll during Racing! After the race, his motor was overheating and he went into the pits instead of his spot.

Two Wheel Skills - We witnessed something that's never been done before with this competition; for the first time ever, it was cancelled. Not kidding. They went straight to Freestyle and didn't do Two Wheel Skills because of the weather, which was honestly a smart move on their part. Although I would've liked to see a different competition take its place.

Freestyle - Where do I even start with this mess....for starters, some really good guys went out way too early. One example is when Colt Stephens went out first for the second week in a row. Scott went out fourth, and Bryce went out fifth. Cory went out tenth and had the biggest air of the night. Moving onward to one major problem, people were shut off for completely stupid reasons. Tom got shut off simply for BLOWING A TIRE OUT, while Colt and Linsey got shut off for no good reason. Scott was shut off as track crews were leaving the track and wasn't allowed to refire. Seriously? It just makes my blood boil thinking about the calls made tonight; they were beyond absurd. That, and nobody went for a backflip. Not even one driver. Maybe that's just a nitpick on my part but seeing that backflip ramp untouched at the end of the night was really odd. But back onto a more positive note, Lee and Ryan did have really good runs, and Lee ended up winning. Even though Ryan should've won, can't deny the fact that Lee had a great run as well. But it unfortunately didn't make up for what a mess this Freestyle competition was. Excuse me for this rant but it truly was a mess. And not the good kind.

Overall - This was the first time I went to a Monster Jam show that sucked, and it was also the first letdown for MetLife Stadium. This was worse than Arlington, and maybe just as bad as Indianapolis. At least with this one, there's no one to blame for as to why it was awful. We just lucked out this year, and this was what we got as the end result. One of the worst stadium shows this year, following what was a phenomenal show last year. How sad.

Rating - 3/10. First stinker for East Rutherford. I learned my lesson about muddy shows.