Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

13 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

So I just got back from MetLife, you know what that means. Another year, another review.

MetLife Stadium 2018 Review

Pit Party - This year's pit party was interesting as always. It took me quite a bit to get the Souvenir Yearbook, but I eventually got it and at that point began to hop on lines. This year I met Brad Allen, Cory Rummell, Brianna Mahon (for the 2nd time), Jamey Garner, Linsey Weenk, and Scott Buetow (for the 3rd time). I also asked Brianna if there was a difference between driving Whiplash and Scooby-Doo. She said not really, besides the windshield. I asked Cory how it felt winning the DDS, and he said it felt amazing. My dad told him that it's a dream of mine to become a Monster Jam driver (True fact peeps). Due to the weather conditions, I had to leave the pit party just under an hour before its closing to not get myself drenched. It was all downhill from there.....

Racing - This was honestly a very interesting bracket. I missed all of Round 1 because I was in line getting a poncho (Everyone around me had one. The rain was that bad). I did pay attention to the screens inside the stadium, and saw Cory pull off a nice upset over Ryan in the first round. Brad made it to the Semis which was really surprising, but there was something that shocked me; Scott made it to the Finals. He ended up losing to Adam, but damn, he was on a roll during Racing! After the race, his motor was overheating and he went into the pits instead of his spot.

Two Wheel Skills - We witnessed something that's never been done before with this competition; for the first time ever, it was cancelled. Not kidding. They went straight to Freestyle and didn't do Two Wheel Skills because of the weather, which was honestly a smart move on their part. Although I would've liked to see a different competition take its place.

Freestyle - Where do I even start with this mess....for starters, some really good guys went out way too early. One example is when Colt Stephens went out first for the second week in a row. Scott went out fourth, and Bryce went out fifth. Cory went out tenth and had the biggest air of the night. Moving onward to one major problem, people were shut off for completely stupid reasons. Tom got shut off simply for BLOWING A TIRE OUT, while Colt and Linsey got shut off for no good reason. Scott was shut off as track crews were leaving the track and wasn't allowed to refire. Seriously? It just makes my blood boil thinking about the calls made tonight; they were beyond absurd. That, and nobody went for a backflip. Not even one driver. Maybe that's just a nitpick on my part but seeing that backflip ramp untouched at the end of the night was really odd. But back onto a more positive note, Lee and Ryan did have really good runs, and Lee ended up winning. Even though Ryan should've won, can't deny the fact that Lee had a great run as well. But it unfortunately didn't make up for what a mess this Freestyle competition was. Excuse me for this rant but it truly was a mess. And not the good kind.

Overall - This was the first time I went to a Monster Jam show that sucked, and it was also the first letdown for MetLife Stadium. This was worse than Arlington, and maybe just as bad as Indianapolis. At least with this one, there's no one to blame for as to why it was awful. We just lucked out this year, and this was what we got as the end result. One of the worst stadium shows this year, following what was a phenomenal show last year. How sad.

Rating - 3/10. First stinker for East Rutherford. I learned my lesson about muddy shows.

Scott got shut off during his FS because his engine died, VP completely deserved the win, Ryan hasnt been himself this pass few events,

Just now, monsterjamcod0329 said:

Pretty sure scott got shut off because he hit a ramp with a loader still on the track.

That is correct. Looking from the Livestream, this show was terrible. Not saying it's FELD's fault mother nature came, but damn the officials were all over the place that night.

4 hours ago, monsterjamcod0329 said:

Pretty sure scott got shut off because he hit a ramp with a loader still on the track.

yeah thats been confirmed now I just thought his motor died again considering he was smoking during the final round of racing 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

In what I believe is the first international example of an independent running a FELD body the Thor monster truck ran as EarthShaker this weekend

i like those rims on earth shaker a lot

Bryan Wright and Hooked is your 2018 King of the Beach! We charged hard, JR picked up 2 wheelie and 2 Racing wins this weekend but it just wasn’t enough for the Xtermigator to catch up to Hooked. Fun weekend tho on the beach! 

• Upvote 1

Just in case no one knew, the band ,Arctic Monkeys, released a new album and on their album is a song named

The first monster truck front flip

and it has nothing to do with Lee O Donnell

26 minutes ago, fernBurn said:

and it has nothing to do with Lee O Donnell

So Tom Meents right? Max-D gettin a new theme song? 

(I know, Tom failed and Lee actually landed it so don't get all up in a tissy bout me not knowing the facts...)

So my mom recently emailed MJ about this past Saturday's show at MetLife. Can't post exactly what they said because she showed me it off her phone and, well, it's not my phone so

But what she got was actually a very detailed response. They mentioned how muddy track conditions provide a completely different experience for the drivers than dry track conditions do (obviously), so they did their best with the conditions.

Because of the freezing cold and rainy conditions, only about 10,000 fans attended, rather than the usual 50,000-55,000 fans (I sorta see how; the highest level seating was almost completely empty). They also did indeed make the decision to cancel Two Wheel Skills so that the trucks could still run their best for Freestyle, and because of how muddy the track was.

So that's just a brief summary on their response, and again, there's no one to blame for this show being terrible. Next year we just gotta hope for better weather.

(They also mentioned how thunderstorms arrived near MetLife a little after 9PM, shortly after the show ended and after I got home. Another reason why cancelling Two Wheels was smart)

Tanner Root is the new driver of Iron Outlaw and will make his debut this weekend in South Carolina. i had the pleasure of meeting Tanner in Santa Clara. the guy deserves it. as for Mikeal Christensen he fulfilled all his obligations with the team last weekend in Turlock. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:19 PM, TheRetroStyle said:

So my mom recently emailed MJ about this past Saturday's show at MetLife. Can't post exactly what they said because she showed me it off her phone and, well, it's not my phone so

But what she got was actually a very detailed response. They mentioned how muddy track conditions provide a completely different experience for the drivers than dry track conditions do (obviously), so they did their best with the conditions.

Because of the freezing cold and rainy conditions, only about 10,000 fans attended, rather than the usual 50,000-55,000 fans (I sorta see how; the highest level seating was almost completely empty). They also did indeed make the decision to cancel Two Wheel Skills so that the trucks could still run their best for Freestyle, and because of how muddy the track was.

So that's just a brief summary on their response, and again, there's no one to blame for this show being terrible. Next year we just gotta hope for better weather.

(They also mentioned how thunderstorms arrived near MetLife a little after 9PM, shortly after the show ended and after I got home. Another reason why cancelling Two Wheels was smart)

10,000? Idk what you were looking at. Bottom bowl and middle bowl were both 80% or more full and a couple sections of the very top 300 section were 50-75% full. It was a pretty packed house there. Hence why the pit party was to crowded..