Sim Monsters
MoreMonsterJam

Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

On 5/15/2018 at 9:19 PM, TheRetroStyle said:

So my mom recently emailed MJ about this past Saturday's show at MetLife. Can't post exactly what they said because she showed me it off her phone and, well, it's not my phone so

But what she got was actually a very detailed response. They mentioned how muddy track conditions provide a completely different experience for the drivers than dry track conditions do (obviously), so they did their best with the conditions.

Because of the freezing cold and rainy conditions, only about 10,000 fans attended, rather than the usual 50,000-55,000 fans (I sorta see how; the highest level seating was almost completely empty). They also did indeed make the decision to cancel Two Wheel Skills so that the trucks could still run their best for Freestyle, and because of how muddy the track was.

So that's just a brief summary on their response, and again, there's no one to blame for this show being terrible. Next year we just gotta hope for better weather.

(They also mentioned how thunderstorms arrived near MetLife a little after 9PM, shortly after the show ended and after I got home. Another reason why cancelling Two Wheels was smart)

10,000? Idk what you were looking at. Bottom bowl and middle bowl were both 80% or more full and a couple sections of the very top 300 section were 50-75% full. It was a pretty packed house there. Hence why the pit party was to crowded..

Major upset alert, driver of the Thor truck overseas Peter Nyman gets his first Monster Jam win as he takes racing in Cardiff Wales!

image.jpg

WOW I'm so glad for him! Hope to see him in more MJ shows near his area! Indys are doing amazing this Monster Jam season

Our good friend Preston Perez took his first racing win of his driving career behind the wheel of Scarlet Bandit!

Matt really just did that.

Was Matt secretly taught by Tom Meents? Goodness gracious....

Sam Sturges did it first

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

Sam Sturges did it first

SOMEONE SAID IT! I witnessed that move live. To this day I still cannot believe he did that. 

• Upvote 1

Brian Christiansen had hillbilly deluxe in victorville this weekend. it was the competition debut for the body. while we didnt win anything we didnt break anything either. after the show i was happy because i got to use the impact drill on the truck. sucessful weekend for the team! 

ePFXKSb.jpg

WyRC67g.jpgAM4c49j.jpg

Monster Jam has now made the jump to the adult industry! MJ will be partnering up with Fire & Ice condom brands in order to raise awareness of child prevention.

• Upvote 1

Real talk that is sick, I feel ice ETL and Monster Mutt are a bit of a bad choice, fire Megalodon is bussin. Also I thought this was a Game of Thrones crossover

So what exactly the purpose of fire and ice is?