Jump to content
Sim Monsters
MoreMonsterJam

Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

Recommended Posts

Outlawed    6,337

Mike Welch bought a chassis from David Smith (was the original monster mutt rotty that ran in the MMJ tour)
21742813_1956218934664128_74780435616706

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobamatic    430

Detroit is Feb 3rd and March 10th.  I should be going to both and adding TMT Saginaw and Lima jamboree this year for the first time.  Haven't seen a live MT show since March 2015 due to financial and other issues.  Got a new and much better job so going this year shouldn't be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
litl_e_fan    141

Since I don't flip out at the slightest change I'm gonna say that more two-show weekends is a good thing. It means Monster Jam is doing well in those markets and they're confident in the attendance figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Durham    17

Linsey Weenk RUMORED for FS1 West this coming first quarter as he told a friend of mine that he will be going to Glendale Show 2. This could or could not mean its specifically "FS1 West" but I imagine that's the FS1 West show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Guy    1,518
31 minutes ago, Durham said:

Linsey Weenk RUMORED for FS1 West this coming first quarter as he told a friend of mine that he will be going to Glendale Show 2. This could or could not mean its specifically "FS1 West" but I imagine that's the FS1 West show. 

Considering Weenk was the FS1 East champ last year that'd make sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steiale    364
2 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

Considering Weenk was the FS1 East champ last year that'd make sense

But Weenk has always been in Indy because of his sponsorship with Lucas Oil, and I don't see the West tour trucks coming that far east.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Guy    1,518
40 minutes ago, steiale said:

But Weenk has always been in Indy because of his sponsorship with Lucas Oil, and I don't see the West tour trucks coming that far east.

Mate... the West championship was in Atlanta last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steiale    364
26 minutes ago, Pink Guy said:

Mate... the West championship was in Atlanta last year...

Yeah and that was weird. ATL is in the middle of the state... heck, Jacksonville is on the east coast of Florida... but Indy seems more on the extreme side. It's entirely possible since Titan hiked up to Syracuse, but I don't see them bouncing from California to Indy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Guy    1,518
Just now, steiale said:

Yeah and that was weird. ATL is in the middle of the state... heck, Jacksonville is on the east coast of Florida... but Indy seems more on the extreme side. It's entirely possible since Titan hiked up to Syracuse, but I don't see them bouncing from California to Indy...

I mean the FS1 Tour has taken indie teams to very far places (East Coast teams to Anaheim, West Coast teams to Atlanta, etc.) so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Colineri    3,632

Monster Truck Throwdown in Swedesboro New Jersey was a real treat. Both shows were ran very well, Bridgesport Speedway did a great job as a host, and I will definitely be going back next year. 6 trucks were brought for competition; Brutus, Lumberjack, Miss Over Bored, Over Bored, Crushstation, and Avenger.

The first night of action was very good overall, with only Miss Over Bored truck having mechanical problems throughout the show. Crushstation would suffer another blown motor at the end of freestyle which put him on the trailer for day two. 

Wheelie Winner: Greg Winchenbach - Crushstation

Fast Qualifier: Brad Allen - Brutus

Racing Winner: Jamey Garner - Over Bored

Freestyle Winner: Jim Koehler - Avenger

Sunday afternoon was another good show to end the weekend. With Crushstation out due to a blown motor, Mike Thompson in Wrecking Crew came up from Raceway Park to fill in for Greg. Rear steer issues would plague him all day.

Wheelie Winner: Brad Allen - Brutus

Fast Qualifier: Brad Allen - Brutus

Racing Winner: Jamey Garner - Over Bored

Freestyle Winner: Kurt Phillips - Lumberjack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×