Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

37 minutes ago, bkelly said:

I know that Hagan Moskau had to change every Monster Jam vid to avoid his stuff being removed and the guy who posts World Finals videos got almost every video on his channel taken down. FELD went through one of these 'cleanings' if you will back around May or June

I actually got hit by 2 warnings. The World Finals video got a copyright strike and was taken down and the January MJ month of action video got a warning to take it down or I was getting hit with another strike. For a while, I figured out they only hit videos that say "Monster Jam" but not videos that say "Monster Trucks." So I changed all the thumbnails and rewrote the titles of all my videos. Haven't got one hit. 

I think FELD realized they're sales were plummeting severely from these strikes, so they stopped.

1 minute ago, JackMProductions said:

As in, less people were going to their shows directly because of the strikes?

Well, if you look a many of the summer shows they had in the US, say Nashville, you could tell ticket sales were going down. If I remember correctly, Nashville only had 3/4 of the stadium filled. And something had to have made them stop, cause they would still be doing it if everything was the ordinary.

1 minute ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Well, if you look a many of the summer shows they had in the US, say Nashville, you could tell ticket sales were going down. If I remember correctly, Nashville only had 3/4 of the stadium filled. And something had to have made them stop, cause they would still be doing it if everything was the ordinary.

Attendance issues have been going on before the strikes even happened though. If you look some of the stadium shows like Glendale 2016 or New Orleans 2017, they had about 2/3 of the stadium filled from what I recall. I remember it being discussed on here. I think the copyright strikes had an adverse effect on the people whose channels were hit and the people who follow the videos, but for the general public, I doubt it had any effect. They're really not in the wrong for doing it, either.

Personally, the overall format and style of the shows is what is alienating me, even if the entertainment itself is great. In a way, Monster Jam has always been a stunt-show, but with backflips, stoppies, corkscrews, etc. becoming more and more common, it gets kind of absurd. Certain nuances go a long way, too.

Seeing as how Marc is in Cleatus this year, they really have no excuse for snubbing him ONCE AGAIN.

Also, Overkill wins what was a very sloppy freestyle competition in Toronto. (The average truck either broke or crashed about a minute to a minute and a half in)