Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

I think this really has been the best year so far in Monster Jam history.  From each tour having their own consistent drivers, track paints/layouts, there have been highlight reel moments from every tour nearly every weekend.  I feel like the progression in the industry over the last three to four years really is showing its self this year. 

Houston Sunday Show Results:

Racing Winner: Neil Elliott - Max-D

Two Wheel Skills Winner: Todd LeDuc - Mutant

Freestyle Winner: Shane England - Big Kahuna

This says it all.

Overall Event Champion: Neil Elliott - Max-D

Pretty dang good show to wrap things up for Houston!

Sounds like the "all-star challenge" will kind of be like the Monster Energy Cup.  Honestly I'm not opposed to any of these changes.  It will nice to see a rotating world finals market, and each venue each year will HOPEFULLY offer new tracks due to the floor size.

1 hour ago, OPSITTESPY13 said:

Why Did They Do That?

Sam Boyd if becoming pretty obsolete. MJ probably figures they can profit off of larger stadiums

So are they gonna be cramming 32 trucks into the parking lot outside of MetLife?

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Went to Vegas last year with an amazing hotel and flight package (considering the flight down from Toronto too) it was a really good deal. This year my girlfriend and are going with an even better and cheaper deal. Looks like this might be one of the last World Finals I'll be able to attend for a while. With the mix of work getting much busier and the potential increase in travel costs, I'll just have to wait and see. 

At the same time, this could be really interesting. Sometimes change is for the better, and I truly hope this turns into a step in the right direction. I understand why they did it, I'll just miss the "magic" that Sam Boyd Stadium always had. Even from just watching the videos on YouTube, there was something special about the venue. I just they keep the competitor numbers at 32 (I honestly think it should be a little higher), I'm not sure what some stadiums are like but I can imagine at some locations it might be a little harder. Also, there goes the massive pit parties. 

It would be cool to have a half indoor half outdoor pit party though. Past champions inside on the track, others outside. 

I'm not 3 hours of sleep, I hope I made sense. 

I think the date change is pretty interesting. With the World Finals now being in May it extends the season by at least 1 months, and up to 2 months depending on when they do it in May. With them extending the season to May we could actually see a lot of new stadiums on the tour that they can't really go to in January, February and March due to weather. Looking at current NFL stadiums( I say NFL only because I doubt MLB teams will want Monster Jam coming in during the season and putting dirt down) there's a good chance we could see Monster Jam at the stadiums in Seattle, Kansas City, Charlotte, Washington DC/Landover, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Buffalo, Chicago, and Denver.

Switching To A New Stadium Like ER is Weird. Im Not Even Sure That They Will Use That Track For POD. And To Be Honest The Stadiums Arn't Any Different. All Stadiums are 100 Yards Long. I mean if u were to switch stadiums or places. why Not Go To Philadelphia. They Haven't Been There in A While And are Just Now Bringing It Back. Same With Miami. And Are They Still Going To Do Vegas Style Or East Rutherford Because if they will do East Rutherford That would kinda be like a long race. And How Are They Going To Do Pit Party? Cram All Those Trucks Into A Parking Lot. Probably Barely Enough Space And Will They Continue DDs? Idk But I Feel Like The Shows Will Be Longer. Tbh I Would've Went To Minneapolis Because Thats Usually The Last Show Of The Year And They Are Epic. It Just Doesn't Make Any Sense To O it In East Rutherford. Like If They Wanted To Do It near Ny They Should've Done it At Syracuse.