Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

On 2/16/2018 at 4:40 PM, ColorfulCrayons said:

It's the second biggest attendance wise. Being the largest in attendance is far different than being the largest in floor space area. A stadium like University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale would have the largest floor space, not Michigan Stadium.

Well Yes Thats Also True

I would love to see them bring back more crushable objects like cars, vans, buses, and campers. i liked that element of monster jam. But i will say with all this action going on this year, it is bringing me back into monster jam. I thought MJ was going down hill a few years ago but I was wrong.

What's with Monster Mutt Rotty always getting the indie drivers or the lower FELD drivers?

I've noticed that they've put guys like JR Seasock, Basl, Cory Snyder, Jack Brown, and Brad Allen into this truck for like 3 years now. Not that they are bad drivers (especially Allen - he's probably the best Rotty driver right now), but it seems like they give this truck to whoever will finish near the bottom in Triple Threat tours. This is just a guess but I think it's because these guys won't roll the truck as often as guys like Sipes or Eichelberger. Or is it something to do with the Rotty body fitting on every chassis?

1 hour ago, bkelly said:

What's with Monster Mutt Rotty always getting the indie drivers or the lower FELD drivers?

I've noticed that they've put guys like JR Seasock, Basl, Cory Snyder, Jack Brown, and Brad Allen into this truck for like 3 years now. Not that they are bad drivers (especially Allen - he's probably the best Rotty driver right now), but it seems like they give this truck to whoever will finish near the bottom in Triple Threat tours. This is just a guess but I think it's because these guys won't roll the truck as often as guys like Sipes or Eichelberger. Or is it something to do with the Rotty body fitting on every chassis?

From what I heard, since FELD asked indy drivers if they wanted to run FELD bodies, and they could choose. Because of that, Brad picked Rotty since his indy truck is also a dog. It would make sense.

2 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

Indies don’t pick their bodies. We didn’t pick Rott or Shark, but I don’t really know the reasoning they were given To us either 

You’d think if it was going off of popular bodies they’d put Megaladons and regular monster mutts on the indy trucks instead of the third Mutt body I remember Radoni always getting an El toro body because wanted to sell more merchandise. Do indies also have to pay for damages to these bodies or does Feld take care of that?

4 minutes ago, bkelly said:

You’d think if it was going off of popular bodies they’d put Megaladons and regular monster mutts on the indy trucks instead of the third Mutt body I remember Radoni always getting an El toro body because wanted to sell more merchandise. Do indies also have to pay for damages to these bodies or does Feld take care of that?

Radoni got the El toro because of the Hispanic market that he would run his equipment.  That brand appeals to more of the audience in those markets

10 minutes ago, maxdman said:

Radoni got the El toro because of the Hispanic market that he would run his equipment.  That brand appeals to more of the audience in those markets

I honestly always thought this was genius from a marketing perspective. People like to say FELD has no clue what they're doing but most of their decisions are rooted very strongly in marketing actions that have gotten Monster Jam as popular as it is today.