Show Your Projects Chapter 60

Roach

2 hours ago, fernBurn said:

Well, its been a tough time since last season of SMRA. Dumb Tough was in the most up date form with state of the art equipment and performing well. Unfortunately, some tensions grew within the team, and they decided to cut DT's funding. Luckily, i saved some of my earnings from my placing in various events last year, but its not much. Im still on the team, but not a priority it seems. (post it on facebook groups,  ill wait)

So with the funding being cut, and my old parts from DT #3 sold, i had to figure out a way to keep myself and the Dumb Tough name out there. What do you do when your team doesn't provide your parts? you go find some.

It ain't my fault Demko spent so much money on dank kush and dj equipment...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fernBurn said:

Well, its been a tough time since last season of SMRA. Dumb Tough was in the most up date form with state of the art equipment and performing well. Unfortunately, some tensions grew within the team, and they decided to cut DT's funding. Luckily, i saved some of my earnings from my placing in various events last year, but its not much. Im still on the team, but not a priority it seems. (post it on facebook groups,  ill wait)

So with the funding being cut, and my old parts from DT #3 sold, i had to figure out a way to keep myself and the Dumb Tough name out there. What do you do when your team doesn't provide your parts? you go find some.

Luckily, i've found a couple use-able components to build DT#4. You'd be amazed at what you can find at your local Junkyard and also Mike Welch's property.

Scored some Rock-Well Axles i believe? idk the serial numbers and part names wore off

Found these holding up a '94 Honda in the yard

And im not sure what to do with this. I found it when i got wasted at a winery after finding out my standings on the team. classy, i know.

I'm sure i can figure out something...

Couple good scores that will aid in the process, but you may be thinking (or not) "You said you saved your earnings, why dont you buy good parts"

Well my friends, what are the Nazi's without Hitler? What is Street Outlaws without a script? and  What is Dawn Creten without a Linsey Weenk?

Completely useless.

In order to move all these pieces of junk, i need POWER. The Thrusting force *weenk weenk*.

So im putting the earned money together to build a  beast.

So far, these have been ordered

Some Valve Covers, and a couple Super Chargers i morphed together to give me all the blowing power i need.   *weenk weenk*

It's not about having all the money in the world.

It's about WHERE you put the money you have ;)

stay tuned....

43 minutes ago, Mr. Beardman said:

It ain't my fault Demko spent so much money on dank kush and dj equipment...

Sounds like you guys need a little Team intervention, I'll be glad to mediate.

Save some of that kush for me though, if there's any left

XLRnVbL.png
Wm4RxJN.png
xXt9eSf.png
hy8DpNj.png

Made a few small changes to Send It, mainly changing the font for the name as a few people pointed out the previous font was a little hard to read. I also got rid of the extra lettering on the doors and the rear fenders, as it just made the scheme look too cluttered in my opinion. And again I'm well aware of the lexan issue, it will be dealt with at a later date.

• Upvote 5

Update:

Got some more grabs from the yard.

xuX3pIC.jpg

Found some pretty sweet broken into cushions!  im sure the stains will come right out

40gluT3.jpg

ripped these off a rusting rat rod sitting in the corner. Talk about MJ's new noise policy aye?

a1o5WRL.jpg

more parts for the beast came in. This time, more of the heart :wub:  new 540 Chevy block

0xnnpHO.jpg

"But fern, what about your identity?"

don't trip potatio chip

a 1941Jeep willys cab and a 1940's Ford Falcon tail. I cut the top off just to remind everybody that this is a truck. Still on the hunt for a front hood or entire front section.

stay tuned..

#DumbTough3 #TheOriginalRustyMonsterTruck

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Well since this truck desperately needed a revamp, here it is, the 2013 and 2016 versions of Captains Curse. The headers are probably wrong, since Blender won't let me "import more than 16 materials :P" Other than that, I think it's pretty much done:

screenshot_94.png

EDIT: I corrected the tires on the 2013 version so now it has Ukraines instead of Goodyears:

screenshot_95.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, ABgamerX said:

Well since this truck desperately needed a revamp, here it is, the 2013 and 2016 versions of Captains Curse. The headers are probably wrong, since Blender won't let me "import more than 16 materials :P" Other than that, I think it's pretty much done:

I think the chassis is supposed to be a Cohen...

7 hours ago, fernBurn said:

40gluT3.jpg

ripped these off a rusting rat rod sitting in the corner. Talk about MJ's new noise policy aye?

more parts for the beast came in. This time, more of the heart :wub:  new 540 Chevy block

0xnnpHO.jpg

"But fern, what about your identity?"

don't trip potatio chip

a 1941Jeep willys cab and a 1940's Ford Falcon tail. I cut the top off just to remind everybody that this is a truck. Still on the hunt for a front hood or entire front section.

stay tuned..

#DumbTough3 #TheOriginalRustyMonsterTruck

is this for smra?

4 hours ago, KiwiKing said:

I think the chassis is supposed to be a Cohen...

4 hours ago, GDFAN14 said:

From what I last knew it was a CRD.

It was a inhouse, no CRD has ever been made to fit the Willy's body. What I have been told is the chassis was parked and got re powdercoated for Whiplash.

Update:

2NqFNPS.jpg

Z6zEDWV.jpg

While unfortunately missing the first event of the West Tour for SMRA, I have finished fabricating my very own custom chassis. Reminder, I am no engineer at all or harness advanced technology to design the sturdiest piece alive, but I do love making my own ideas come to life, and for it being the first chassis i've sketched up and actualized, i'd say its not half bad.

rmsftYg.jpg

More pieces for the 540. Just somethin to keep all my electronical flow alive while the truck runs.

jII3UiH.jpg

And somethin to make sure that the beast is getting the cleanest air possible.

We're getting close to the ultimate reveal of the #TheOriginalRustyMonsterTruck,  Dumb Tough #4. May have 1 more update scheduled sometime in the upcoming week, or maybe not....

Real quick tho, anyone know what i can do with this?

hbFLDo5.jpg

Got for free with a purchase of Zip Ties at my local Harbor Freight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9