Mapping Logitech G27 wheel to RoR?

jago107

Question

The G27 map that came in the files with the game doesn't work right. Colineri's map that he has posted under software in the downloads section says the file isn't there and I can't download it. Could someone help me get this thing mapped correctly so I can actually drive the truck? The problem I'm having is the truck takes off as soon as I hit the gas pedal and it won't stop even after I let off the gas. It just wants to keep accelerating. I'm guessing I have the dead zone on the gas and brake pedals set wrong. I also have no rear steer controls. If I could get the rear steer controls mapped to the red buttons on the steering wheel, that would work really well for me. Does anyone know how to put that into the input file to make that work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I actually found a button layout and I think I now have the buttons figured out and mapped the way I want them. But I still need the deadzone on the gas and brake pedals figured out. Does anyone know the proper deadzone numbers?

The process seems pretty simple. In the game files, under Documents, you go into the config folder and find the G27 file that should have come with the game when you installed it. You just copy and paste whats in that file into the input file and then alter the button mapping so it fits what you want it to do. You will need a diagram of which buttons are what number, and I can't even seem to find one that is actually right, so good luck there. After you've altered the button mapping, you save the input file so it keeps the changes you made, and then just start the game. I hope that's all there is to it.