0.4 Black parts due to Spec map?

fernBurn

Question

Hey guys, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone who uses any ROR .4 versions, has a problem with some parts of the truck turning black when having a material file spec map attached to it.

I know a fix to this was to add specs through the truck file under managedmaterials,  but i dont feel that method is as controllable as using the material file.

If your parts do turn black with a material file spec map, how/when  does it happen? and is it too risky to use the material file?

thanks

4 answers to this question

I rarely use .4 anymore, but when I did my BKTs always were black with no tire texture, an example being your 2016 Blue Thunder. It was every truck with those tires, as I spawned a Jester with the Goodyears and it was fine. Not sure if this helps you, but from how I interpreted it, I'm experiencing the same problem. 

I use both .38 and .4 so I can see both sides here. I keep my truck and terrain files in their own zips s nothing overlaps. As for black texturing, ive never really had a problem with that as long as I have the -spec files. As far as i know, the only issue ive had recently is the Fuel and Power pump box being black (minor issue). For my opinion, Id stick with the .material files. Also if you ever need anything tested in .4 to make sure everything goes as (textured) id be happy to help. 

• Upvote 1