Crew Member Perspective- Nick Migues' blog!

Nick Migues

2 hours ago, Gojifan 1994 said:

Wow that,s cool I was just wondering but how do you feel being Darren's nephew

It’s pretty cool, it’s how I got my shot in the industry, I was their crew guy for a little over a year so it’s been a pretty fun experience with them 

37 minutes ago, Gojifan 1994 said:

Ok last question do you think you could possibly be a monster jam driver 

I really hope so, I’m working hard and hope to own my own team one day, and it’s a blast to drive trucks. I move them around a lot and I once got the chance to jump Jester a few times so it’s my dream to drive full time and hopefully soon!

1 hour ago, NitroMenace said:

I really hope so, I’m working hard and hope to own my own team one day, and it’s a blast to drive trucks. I move them around a lot and I once got the chance to jump Jester a few times so it’s my dream to drive full time and hopefully soon!

Ok hopefully you can fulfill your dreams i also want to be a driver as well but tell me what does it take and how much money it's my last question then ill let you get back to work 

24 minutes ago, Gojifan 1994 said:

Ok hopefully you can fulfill your dreams i also want to be a driver as well but tell me what does it take and how much money it's my last question then ill let you get back to work 

it just takes a lot of hard work. The best advice I can give is to volunteer in any way you can and work hard, ask drivers if you can help out at local shows. I just got lucky having family in the business that got me in and gave me a chance. And the it just depends on the team on what you get paid 

1 hour ago, NitroMenace said:
1 hour ago, Gojifan 1994 said:

it just takes a lot of hard work. The best advice I can give is to volunteer in any way you can and work hard, ask drivers if you can help out at local shows. I just got lucky having family in the business that got me in and gave me a chance. And the it just depends on the team on what you get paid 

Thank you for giving me the advice I know you have plenty of work to do in the shop and good luck in the rest of your season 

18 minutes ago, Gojifan 1994 said:

Thank you for giving me the advice I know you have plenty of work to do in the shop and good luck in the rest of your season 

You’re welcome, they definitely keep us busy lol and thank you!

So Milwaukee has come and passed. Friday night right off the bat Jack broke the locker in the front end which has actually been messed up for awhile because it wouldn’t unlock for whatever reason so it finally unlocked and broke but with the Pettibones we wouldn’t have time to fix it during the show and on top of that we had no tunnel to work in during the show so if we broke we were pretty much screwed. So we got through Friday night and worked pretty late getting the third member changed out in Rottweiler. Saturday afternoon show we knocked a ground cable loose but thought we had a problem with the Feld RII so we changed the Feld RII out and fixed the ground cable because Mutt wouldn’t run during wheelies, then in freestyle Jack broke a block out valve in the rear steer and messed up the rear steer pump so we had to hurry up and change that before the Saturday night show which cut it close because we had to chase the problem down. And then in the last show Trent broke an outer axle in the rear of the shark but we made it through and got loaded up. This week was pretty cool because we got to work at the Paxton shop which was a first for me Kristen and Rudy, so that was neat. Now we’re off to Newark New Jersey for another 3 shows, Megalodon has a display tomorrow and then we have 2 shows on Saturday and one Sunday so come see us! 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, maxdman said:

Are you guys having a very tough year so far parts wise and breakage wise? Or is this normal ware and tear on trucks?

This is been a tough year on parts. Part of it is the trucks adjusting to new parts because they have been changed some, so with changes you have to keep chasing down weak links in the trucks until everything gets kinda working together again, especially in Rott because it got changed quite a bit. On top of that you have a rookie driver who’s still learning, and a driver who’s used to a truck that handles completely different than what he’s driving now. It is getting better tho, and hopefully the weekends get better as they go. For some comparison, last year with Darren and Kaylyn we ran pretty hard too and for the first 5 weekends of first quarter we didn’t break anything, just had a lot of body damage. But everything will work itself in and get workin right 

Well Newark was the best weekend yet! We made it through the whole first show with no issues, and not only that but the trucks did well! Jack had beautiful wheelies and even ripped the wheelie bar off on Saturday night and Trent killed it as always, Trent even picked up his first win of the year in speedsters. Overall Trent finished 2nd in the first event. 2nd show Jack broke an inner axle and we fought really hard to get it back for freestyle, but it seemed like the truck kept fighting us. First the broken piece of axle got stuck in the locker, then we going back together the bearings in our hub kept falling out so we had to keep fighting them in and then the outer cover where the axle goes wouldn’t go on right so sadly we missed donuts and freestyle. Then on Sunday the axle we put in slid out of the outer axle on Rott in intros but we thought the locker was broke so we just ran it and missed freestyle which really sucks because we could’ve had that fixed easy and probably been back in donuts. It’s really disappointing for me Kristen and Rudy to miss competitions as the crew because it’s on us but we’re still learning and trying our hardest. On the bright side of Sunday Trent once again got 2nd overall in the event. Oh and Trent destroyed the Shark body on Sunday and Jack did some body damage this week as well.Now we’re at the Vaters Motorsports shop before heading to Uniondale, NY! 

• Upvote 3

You guys did awesome this past weekend :) Went to the Saturday night show and Trent came so close to winning ATV's. Jack did pretty good despite being out for Donuts and Freestyle, and I found it kinda funny how, at the end of Trent's freestyle, his last hit swept the entire body off all at once and it had to be dragged off the track by crew guys. It was a fantastic show and I had a lot of fun. Hope to see y'all compete again next year.