Crew Member Perspective- Nick Migues' blog!

Nick Migues

20 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

You guys did awesome this past weekend :) Went to the Saturday night show and Trent came so close to winning ATV's. Jack did pretty good despite being out for Donuts and Freestyle, and I found it kinda funny how, at the end of Trent's freestyle, his last hit swept the entire body off all at once and it had to be dragged off the track by crew guys. It was a fantastic show and I had a lot of fun. Hope to see y'all compete again next year.

Yeahhhh that body is pretty well destroyed now which is pretty impressive for a body that never got rolled lol 

Well Uniondale was a fun (and very cold) one. First show out Friday wasn’t bad but in wheelies jack broke a steering ram and a block out valve in the rear steer and we were unable to get it ready in time for the rest of the show, and then in freestyle Trent lost a transmission. Got it fixed up for Saturday show which went pretty good, no issues and no breakage and if I remember right it’s the show Trent beat Jack in the speedster finals which was cool. Then Saturday night Trent broke a front steering ram and Jack had some rear steer issues so we got all that lined out for our last show. Then in the last show Jacks rear steer kept hanging up so we had to take the rear steer pump valve apart a few times, and then in freestyle Jack broke another rear steer ram and we think Trent either broke 2 inner axles in the rear or broke the locker, we’re not sure yet. All in all wasn’t horrible altho I think i got about 6 hours of sleep this weekend so I’m pretty exhausted lol. But unlike last year I got to watch the Super Bowl today which was a great game and a nice ending to the weekend. Going to Vaters shop tomorrow to get some more things lined out with the trucks hopefully and then we’re off to Pittsburgh which I believe we have a display for on Thursday. Come see us and have a good week everyone! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joey 🅱️ said:

Watch out for this weekend. Pittsburgh can be rough with the cold. I heard Rottweiler's one of the truck displays. Any word on where it'll be at? Expect to see me at the display possibly.

No I don’t usually know where it is until we pull in but if I do I’ll let you know 

Pittsburgh! We had a crazy weekend. Friday night Trent had his first rollover in wheelies and then lost rear steering and Jack broke a ground wire on the battery killing the truck in wheelies and freestyle. After the show we threw a rear steer pump in the Shark and did a little work to the body. Then Saturday afternoon show went pretty good but Trent broke a rear drive shaft so we thrashed to get it ready for the night show. In the night show in donuts the u joint exploded in the axle and also took out the inner axle so we thrashed with the help of a few Feld guys and got it done about half way through freestyle but they said we missed our chance to run. And then Trent rolled again in freestyle so we had some work to do the body. And in jacks truck we checked the locker and thought it was good but today in racing it gave out so it ran everything but freestyle because we couldn’t fix the locker in time for anything in the show. And then in wheelies Trent ripped the shocks apart which ended his day because we didn’t have any spare shocks. Then to cap it all off it poured rain while tiring down which made everything slick which sucked because our trailers were parked facing down hill. All in all a rough weekend but on to Vaters again to put our junk together for Baltimore 

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, NitroMenace said:

Pittsburgh! We had a crazy weekend. Friday night Trent had his first rollover in wheelies and then lost rear steering and Jack broke a ground wire on the battery killing the truck in wheelies and freestyle. After the show we threw a rear steer pump in the Shark and did a little work to the body. Then Saturday afternoon show went pretty good but Trent broke a rear drive shaft so we thrashed to get it ready for the night show. In the night show in donuts the u joint exploded in the axle and also took out the inner axle so we thrashed with the help of a few Feld guys and got it done about half way through freestyle but they said we missed our chance to run. And then Trent rolled again in freestyle so we had some work to do the body. And in jacks truck we checked the locker and thought it was good but today in racing it gave out so it ran everything but freestyle because we couldn’t fix the locker in time for anything in the show. And then in wheelies Trent ripped the shocks apart which ended his day because we didn’t have any spare shocks. Then to cap it all off it poured rain while tiring down which made everything slick which sucked because our trailers were parked facing down hill. All in all a rough weekend but on to Vaters again to put our junk together for Baltimore 

Y'all did really good on Saturday and Sunday. I actually met Rudy at the Saturday show. I saw you also. Good luck the rest of the season. Possibly see you in Vegas.

Baltimore was a good weekend! It was somewhat warm which was nice. Kicked off Friday with a broken axle in Shark in freestyle, got that fixed up for the next day of shows. This one was weird because we pitted in a tunnel where you had to drive out in the parking lot where the trailers were then into a tiny tunnel into the arena so that was odd trying to get through parking for pit party. Then Saturday afternoon I made a mistake and forgot to bolt down a limit strap which stretched a shock and broke it so between shows we had to rebuild shocks which wasn’t bad then in the night show a shock on the other side of the rear broke again so we had to rebuild it again for Sunday’s show. Then Sunday we had a really good show, broke another axle in shark in freestyle but other than it all just went well. We got loaded up really fast and walked around Baltimore some which was fun. Working at Vaters again this week. On Thursday we a have a display with Rott in Allentown PA, with 4 shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Come check us out!!

• Upvote 1

On a side note I think this first quarter is really catching up with us. We’re all pretty exhausted and haven’t slept much this year and it’s been tough because unlike last year we havent been back to our shop at all so just hotel after hotel has been a little rough lol. But we’re having fun and soon we should find out if we made Vegas so fingers crossed because I really want to compete this year, so hoping to make it this year since this year is the last year for World Finals there. Gonna be a long last few weeks, 4 shows in Allentown, 6 shows in Rosemont and maybe even 7 in Rosemont if we do the Boy Scout show, and then 5 in Grand Rapids to top it off. Either way I’m ready for a little break lol. Hope to see some of y’all around!

The longest weekend ever. Literally. Friday night we kicked some major butt. All night long Digger had issues so Trent battled for overall and led in points a few times. After an ATV wins and a few runner ups, at the end him and Kayla were tied for the overall and the tie breaker was the higher freestyle score so Kayla won. But we paid the price for trying to keep up in points, ripped the spindle right off the knuckle after skying it out. The way our trucks are built, the knuckle is 2 pieces, and the old style knuckles are welded together, and the champagnes are welded to the housing. Along with the knuckle, it took out our wheel tethers, and messed up the hub. So we had to take the knuckle off because it ripped the threads out of it (the spindle bolts to the knuckle BTW). So we had to rip it apart, cut everything apart which was a pain because the Torch wouldn’t work right either. Somewhere around 1 or 2 am I think we finally got it all apart. Somewhere along the line we also decided we needed to swap the transmission out in Megalodon as well, so we had to swap that while Trent did some fab work to get our new parts fixed and ready. We also had to fix Jacks rear steering and we found the housing broke but we actually never fixed it because Jack had to sit the weekend out for some other issues. Around 7 am when the tech officials showed back up we were finishing up putting the axle back together and by 8 we had the tire back on and by 9 the truck was ready. That’s right folks, we didn’t sleep at all. Saturday during the pit party we decided to nap, about 2 minutes into my nap Cody( Scooby crew chief) woke me up cuz I had to move Monster Mutt outside the arena so Kristen and Rudy napped and I chugged a monster and paced the pit party like 5 times lol. Then the first show went pretty good, didn’t have any issues, even got to shower before the 2nd show which was nice lol. 2nd show the show went well again, didn’t have any issues again except Trent rolled in freestyle so we were up til about 12 am fixing the body. After almost 41 hours straight being awake we finally went to bed around 1 am... got about 5 hours of sleep, and did our last show. We were so exhausted that we could barely stand lol. In our last show the show went good didn’t have any issues other than the body kinda fell apart in freestyle lol so a long long long weekend. On the bright side we don’t have much to do in terms of work before Rosemont. 6 longgggggg shows this weekend. Hope everyone got more sleep then we did! Lol have a good week everyone. Also just out of curiousity how’s everyone liking this? Is there anything I can do to improve my blogs? I like writing them but I feel like I’ve gotten kinda flat lol so feel free to let me know and make suggestions :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the tour is nearing the end and we just wrapped up 6 shows in Rosemont Illinois. The last week we spent at Vaters for the last time this year, and did another display with Mutt in Rosemont. Had our first show on Friday night, which started off interesting with a surprise visit for the weekend by JR McNeal (our boss of course) and his crew chief Jimmy Walker. Then in 2 Wheels Trent broke an inner axle which we tried to fix during the show but we couldn’t get the broken piece of inner axle out of the locker so we ran donuts with no axle in it then didn’t get to freestyle broke. Got er fixed up for Saturday where things went pretty well, Trent picked up his second 2 wheels skill victory, and we got through both shows pretty easily with no damage except a little body damage on the Mutt because he rolled and the Shark body would not stay on because it was destroyed so it just kept falling off lol. Sunday afternoon in the first round of racing Trent faced off with Jack, and Jack took the win while Trent dropped a valve in the motor which took him out for The rest of the show. JR, Jimmy, Kristen, Rudy and Trent all went To swap the motor in Shark while I stayed with Jack for the shows. Jack not only made it to the semi finals, but then beat Tyler and made it to the finals for the first time where he sadly lost to Colton but it was awesome to see him make it that far in racing and then he later on went on to make it to the finals in speedsters where he won his first competition this year which was awesome! Between shows we had to swap out a rear steer motor because Jacks burnt up while they continued to swap the Shark motor. Then in the second show Jack and Trent were supposed to race again but Shark wasn’t ready yet so Jack advanced to the semis where he took out Tyler once again and made it to the finals again where he lost to Kayla in a good race and then made it to the finals in speedsters where he lost but Jack still had an awesome day competition wise. Then the rest of the team finally got Shark back out for donuts and freestyle of the last show on Sunday which was awesome as well. Then finally our last show on Monday was good, both trucks made it to the semi finals in racing and Trent took out Tyler in the semi finals and then lost to Kayla in the finals of racing. Jack once again made it to the finals of speedsters where he lost again. All around it was an awesome weekend and not bad damage wise for 6 shows. This weekend we wrap up the tour for first quarter in Grand Rapids Michigan! Shark is supposed to have a display Thursday but I dunno because it doesn’t have a body right now lol it might be Mutt. Hoping for a solid ending this weekend. Hope everyone has an awesome week! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized I never did this lol. Last week was a long time coming in Grand Rapids Michigan. 5 shows in 3 days, rounding out our stretch of 11 shows in 10 days (which is a MJ record). Friday night if I remember right we didn’t have any issues, Saturday we did our usual preventive maintenance and basically I don’t remember when anything happened but we broke 2 axles and changed an orbital twice and had to fix an axle that unsplined once so it was another long weekend. A long 10 weeks and a long first quarter. It was a lot of work, but we had a blast and I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. We may not have made World Finals but that’s okay next year it’ll be cool to be apart of the first World Finals that travels around. Me Kristen and Rudy will all be at the World Finals tho as fans. This past week we’ve been back at our shop in Florida which has been kinda hectic as we’ve been trying to get the shop organized and cleaned up and we’ve also been moving into an apartment this week which is exciting. And this weekend we’re hanging out at the Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals as well which is pretty sweet. We also have some big news.. starting March 30th in Green Cove Springs FL Kristen will be driving Razin Kane! Hopefully in that show she can get approved for Monster Jam and if she does she’ll be doing all of our April Monster Jam shows as well. Pretty exciting stuff!

• Upvote 1