Show Your Project Chapter 61

MarcosMCM

14 hours ago, erhminer said:

1 more thing I forgot.

Looking good with baking, it really makes the tracks look much better.  I'd recommend using an image about the size of your track to bake to.  On your El Paso track you used a square image (probably 1024x1024 or 2048x2048) when you could have used one 2048 in length and 1024 in height because that's closer to the actual size of the floor, just a tip that makes painting and putting down lines look a little better.

14 hours ago, Medalwarrior215 said:

Hey erhminer how do you get it it look like that I always use the Face layout https://imgur.com/gallery/rczXF

When you have a new image ready to bake to, click "a" to select all of the faces you want to make to the image, and click "u" and select "project from view bounds" if the image size is proportional to the UV map size, and if its not (like the image you quoted) instead of selecting "project from view bounds" select "project from view" and scale the UV map up to where it can all fit on the image you're ready to bake to. 

2 hours ago, OPSITTESPY13 said:

man if only i knew how to do dat stuff. that would be neat. but good job

Everything you need to know about modeling in blender to painting tracks and getting them in-game is all right here.  Watch it and try it yourself, be patient and it'll all make sense.

• Upvote 1