NAMT 2018 Q&A Thread

DannyMackey

If you have questions or concerns about this league, a truck you are looking to run, a modification you want to double check, or anything else that relates to NAMT, go ahead and ask away.

I will try to answer questions as quickly as possible.  I'll edit this post to include some FAQ or other questions I find important enough to highlight.

Ask away!

• Upvote 1

I saw you mention something about trying to run a truck that has not competed in a league before or something along the lines of that, if there are no options is the competitor still allowed to run that custom or will they have to find a replica?

Also will this league have specific setting that each of the competitors have to use?

51 minutes ago, Joey B. said:

I asked this already but I'll ask again just in case, are repli-customs allowed?

As of right now, no.  Unless there is an overwhelming amount of interest in allowing repli-customs, we will be entirely custom for NAMT.

35 minutes ago, billothepillow said:

I saw you mention something about trying to run a truck that has not competed in a league before or something along the lines of that, if there are no options is the competitor still allowed to run that custom or will they have to find a replica?

I'm hoping that everyone will be able to find a custom truck to run, either by revamping an older truck or by making a new custom entirely.  There are a good amount of open customs on the site if you look around for them, I know @Double.D ッ has made a pack and a couple separate trucks that are open for anyone to use.  I figure announcing this in January for a June start will allow everyone ample time to either get someone to make a truck for them or figure some way of getting a truck to run.

If by the time the league is getting close, say mid-May, and you still don't have a ride, contact me and I will see what can be done.

39 minutes ago, billothepillow said:

Also will this league have specific setting that each of the competitors have to use?

Yes we do have specific settings required to run.  You can check them out in this thread here:

Please be sure to read this and ask questions if you have any.  Also, the sooner you get your truck to me to be approved the better.  Remember you truck must be approved by the Saturday before a race in order to race that weeks event!

29 minutes ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

How is this league going to be different from other leagues we already have? will there be different tours like SMRA, will it be one big thing?

This is going to be one open tour.  Events will be qualify in, meaning you run two timed laps during the qualifying period, typically 2 hours before the race, and the fastest 16 drivers get into the event.  There is no budget system for NAMT, the primary focus is on the driving on the track.  So long as your truck is approved, you are free to try and run as many events as you please.

• Upvote 3

So I skimmed over the truck editing rules, I believe I fall into the legal category (V4 node beam, fitted to a custom chassis and given accurate suspension travel) but is that last point under custom chassis's going to bend me over gently? I want to know before i blow 2 years worth of dust off and finish it.
unknown.png

• 2 months later...