The Plan for WF18

Chris B

Alright, I thought about this for a little while, and here's the solution I came up with to satisfy myself and everyone in this community toward WF18.

So as you could probably guess, I'm getting a lot of people asking me about WF18, which is totally fine, I understand the excitement (Im not one to complain). Now, about a month ago I finished up racing, as you probably saw on SYP. I felt great it was done, even a bit of relief based on how long it took. However, I totally forgot to consider that I still had to make Freestyle! This put me back at square one, as I needed to put just as much effort back in to the freestyle version as I did for racing. With this, I started working on it, but as of now, it's not going as fast as I would've wanted. Between real life things and less and less passion for the project, I'm just not getting much done. Therefore, I've decided that I'm going to release the racing track separate from the freestyle track. This will both satisfy everyone eagerly awaiting the track, and put way less stress on me. 

Now, you're probably thinking, when's this stuff going to be released? Well, for the racing version, which the high quality version is 100% done for, I would expect 1-2 weeks. Now, notice how I said high quality. The racing version probably has the most meshes/shapes out of any track on this site. Therefore, if your computer is not the best, like mine, you might not be able to run it to your liking. I was testing it with my laptop I normally run ROR on, which is not even a gaming computer, and there were some trucks I couldn't spawn in as without the game crashing. However, for the trucks I could spawn, such as the 2017 Avengers, Mutant, V4s, etc, I got no additional lag and ran my normal frame rate. With this being said, over the next week or two, I'm going to develop two more versions: an FPS version and a super FPS version. This difference between them will be the regular FPS will still look nice, just be missing some of the fancy details, and the super FPS will just have the collidable stuff, with pretty much no pointless details. 

Then for freestyle, honestly, I'm going to predict a date after March. Currently, at the time of this post, I'm almost done with the far pad. Still need the other one and to texture it all. Again, this will have 3 versions. 

Hope you guys like this plan as much as I do and can't wait to see what you think of the track!

• Upvote 9

Just to clear something up. Currently, there are no problems of stress or "rushing" any part of the track from me. I'm simply doing this duel release thing so I don't feel I have to get it out as soon and those things in previously mentioned don't become a problem in the future. 

I don't want to put any stress on myself, so I'm taking procautionary efforts to assure I don't. Remember, I'm doing this for both you guys and myself. I really like making tracks for this site, and don't want it to be ruined by a silly project

9 hours ago, Garrett Hanson said:

in my opinion just release racing & FS together as a whole cause there's no sense on releasing the racing version and not including the freestyle verson.
but ey. do what ever you please.

It's not a matter of what makes sense, it's a matter of you can either have one now, one later, or neither because Chris'll end up getting burned out on the project altogether.

No need to be passive aggressive, either.

• Like 2

nah niBBa you should wait, I can wait a year just for racing and FS to be released. Take your time. Work on it when you have free time and zero stress. Just like block the people asking you constantly for you to release the track they are the real people who put pressure. I just dont want this to turn out a dead project like WF 14 and 15 (No offence guys lol) But like Garret said whatever makes you less stress then do that. 

You are one of my favorite content creators for this website. 

• Like 1

Wow, only one person understands... shoutout to Rocco @Mr. Self Destruct lol. It's not that I'm feeling pressure from anyone else, I'm just doing this for my own benefit. I don't give a sh!t about what others think. This isn't your classic "oh so many people are rushing me and I need to get it out ahhh" situation. I'm just playing things differently for my personal state. Sorry if this comes off a bit mean

Anyways, on a lighter note, I'll definitely be releasing the blend in the scrapyard so we can have some new custom World Finals! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gojifan 1994 said:

I think you should take your time get everything right but don't make everybody wait too long but i'm Ok with waiting but i'm not sure about everybody else but all i'm saying is take your time

so rush it?