New to RoR 0.4.7.0, but there's a problem...

ShawnVallance

Question

As the title shows, after all the years I've been using the 0.3x versions of RoR, I finally decided to upgrade to the new one, but unfortunately I have ran across the problem where the trucks have texture issues on both the tires and the steering wheels, and I'm not sure if it has something to do with the way the material files are set up or so. I know FernBurn made a topic about this, but nothing about how to fix it. If anyone here knows how to effectively fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated! 

7 answers to this question

To fix white wheel issues, go here:

As for other texturing issues, I've had tons of problems in the past as well because I run 0.4.7.  I've learned that most of the time, it's not the game's fault, rather it is the uploader's fault for not making sure every single necessary file is in the zip. 

There are two ways on going about fixing this, you can either extract your trucks into the v4 pack, or you can fix the trucks by hand by locating missing files.   I personally find it easier to fix the trucks by hand because extracting into the v4 file may mess up and replace existing files needed for different trucks and it's just a mess.  I've fixed trucks by hand for a while now and everything seems to still be in order and working for me, although it takes a bit longer to do.

If you want me to teach you how to fix trucks by hand, using the truck file and such, send me a direct message :)

1 hour ago, monsterjam16' said:

How do you put your trucks in game specifically? (such as extracting all files, individual zips. etc.) Procedures for fixing stuff can vary on how you put your trucks in

Well, besides the default V4 folder, I have the zipped vehicles placed inside of that. I'm not sure if that should be the way to do it, but I found that doing that in 0.39 lead to them loading up perfectly fine and whatnot.

10 hours ago, ShawnVallance said:

Well, besides the default V4 folder, I have the zipped vehicles placed inside of that. I'm not sure if that should be the way to do it, but I found that doing that in 0.39 lead to them loading up perfectly fine and whatnot.

If that works for you then go for it, what I do is put the v4 pack in the packs folder and then the other truck zips in the vehicles folder. I load a smv4 truck then load whatever your want, this ensures that my truck doesn’t crash the game and “loads” correctly. Now some zips obviously won’t have all the textures and whatnot so I just go back and place the files into whatever your trying to fix. Only (minor) issue is that if you have a mesh or png or something with the same name in a new truck as in an smv4 truck, it will override whatever your trying to load as the second truck. But again, it’s whatever works for you

On 2/17/2018 at 9:48 AM, monsterjam16' said:

If that works for you then go for it, what I do is put the v4 pack in the packs folder and then the other truck zips in the vehicles folder. I load a smv4 truck then load whatever your want, this ensures that my truck doesn’t crash the game and “loads” correctly. Now some zips obviously won’t have all the textures and whatnot so I just go back and place the files into whatever your trying to fix. Only (minor) issue is that if you have a mesh or png or something with the same name in a new truck as in an smv4 truck, it will override whatever your trying to load as the second truck. But again, it’s whatever works for you

I'll try your method and see if that works.
EDIT: I know what was causing the issue now. Turns out some of the trucks lacked the right tire textures, which was the 2016 BKT's. I fixed that and now all works as it should.

Edited by ShawnVallance
Found the issue finally!