World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

Agreed. Steven has been in the DDS 3 times before, and all 3 times in which he had one of the fastest qualifying times. Had he won back in 2016, he would've had one of the fastest times out of anyone in the main field. And with how much he's improved recently, it would be a huge snub for him to not be in the main field.

Personally if Armando doesn’t win I think he should be in DDS since he’s never even been in that. I hope Chuck makes it in the WF, and I could see Becky getting Mutt for WF as well. I don’t see them taking Colton or any other digger driver or maxd driver out of those trucks for Mutt. Also if Sipes wins his tour I honestly don’t see Blackwell getting a spot, he only competed last year because Sipes couldn’t so I don’t see them putting Blackwell in this year. I’m excited to see more announcements as well as tour winners 

55 minutes ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

more longer then

The length of time of which you've been driving clearly doesn't matter in determining the field considering Neil was snubbed for years and Pablo hasn't been officially listed since 2014. I agree with Scooby-Doo being in the main field (thinking they may put Cynthia in it?) because it's a HUGE attraction for their casual fanbase, but Linsey just hasn't had the exposure yet.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

Tom Meents and Scott Buetow have been announced 

Also there’s apparently only 24 spots? I’m guessing since the WF will be traveling again this is downsizing 

there back to 32 now just seen the site

Okay so considering the fact that we're about to hit a point where a bunch of competitors are gonna be announced, I guess I'll put my DDS predictions.

1. Monster Mutt Rottweiler - Brad Allen
  2. Over Bored - Jamey Garner
  3. Obsessed - Eric Swanson
  4. El Toro Loco - Mark List
  5. Bounty Hunter - Austin Minton
  6. Scooby-Doo - Linsey Read
  7. Megalodon - Trent Montgomery
  8. Zombie - Travis Mowrey (Rookie of the Year if Brandon doesn't count. I mean, have you seen his freestyles?)
  9. Jester - Matt Pagliarulo
  10. El Toro Loco - Kayla Blood
  11. Grave Digger - Brandon Vinson (Rookie of the Year if he counts)
  12. Soldier Fortune Black Ops - Tony Ochs
  13. Stinger Unleashed - Zane Rettew
  14. Grave Digger - Krysten Anderson
  15. Pirate's Curse - Camden Murphy
  16. Pirate's Curse - Cory Rummel

DDS Winner: Grave Digger - Brandon Vinson or Monster Mutt Rottweiler - Brad Allen

They should really consider increasing the size of this field again, because it took me a good hour to decide on this.

Here’s what im thinking on the DDS:

1. Krysten Anderson- Digger

2. Armando Castro- El Toro

3. Ami Houde- Zombie

4. Collette Davis- Wonder Woman

5. Kayla Blood- El Toro

6. Myranda Cozad- Scooby

7. Tony Ochs- Black Ops

8. Brandon Vinson- Digger

9. Jared Eichelberger- Max-D

10. Pirates Curse- Camden Murphy

11. Rage- Cory Rummell

12. Stinger- Zane Rettew

13. Jester- Matt Pagliarulo 

14. Bernard Lyght- Alien

15. Mat Dishman- Rammunition

16. Blue Thunder- Matt Cody Or Over Bored- Jamey Garner

im not a fan of this lineup,but l also don’t expect a huge independent presence either. Of course they’re gonna put in their drivers first, so which ever ones don’t make it in the main field will fill up spots in the DDS. I also think it’s very possible for Mark List to be on this list as well. I think Eric Swanson and Cynthia Gauthier will move up to the main field this year, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if Eric is in DDS again simply because he didn’t have a full schedule this year. Obviously for the TT central, everyone in the top 3 is already WF competitors so basically everyone else is either out or in the DDS so I think they’ll use the rest of their drivers but I don’t think Jack and Trent will be in it either. On the east and west, I think Sipes and Tristan will win their tours pretty much placing everyone else in the DDS or with no invites. across the board I just see the DDS this year as a place for the Feld drivers who missed the WF from mainly the arena tours. 

• Like 1

now that we're doing the DDS predictions:

1.  Rammunition - Mat Dishman 
  2. Over Bored - Jamey Garner
  3. Stinger Unleashed - Zane Rettew
  4. Obsessed - Eric Swanson
  5. Pirate's Curse - Cory Rummel
  6. Jester - Matt Pagliarulo
  7. El Toro Loco - Mark List
  8. El Toro Loco - Armando Castro
  9. Grave Digger - Krysten Anderson
  10. grave Digger - Brandon Vinson 
  11. Megalodon - Trent Montgomery
  12. Xtermagator - J.R McNeal
  13. Blue Thunder - Matt Cody
  14. Max-D - Jared Eichelberger
  15. Zombie - Ami Houde
  16. Wonder Woman Collette Davis

Winner: Eric Swanson - Obsessed or Corey Rummel - Pirate's Curse

I put a decent amount of Indie trucks on here, they deserve the spots over some of the mediocre Feld drivers even though some of the spots will most likely get taken by Feld drivers and make the field just a bit slower overall. I though Rummel or Swanson were the best choices because of how well they do in racing (especially Swanson considering he nearly won it last year).

Here is my full DDS Predictions 

1. Grave Digger- Krysten Anderson

2. Grave Digger- Brandon Vinson

3. Max-D- Jared Eichelberger

4. El Toro Loco- Armando Castro

5. El Toro Loco- Kayla Blood

6. Pirates Curse- Camden Murphy

7. Pirates Curse- Cory Rummel

8.  Rammunition- Mat Dishman

9. Scooby Doo- Linsey Read

10. Wonder Woman- Collette Davis

11. Zombie- Travis Mowery

12. Soldier Fortune Black Ops- Tony Ochs

13. Stinger Unleashed- Zane Rettew

14. Over Bored- Jamey Garner

15. Megalodon- Trent Montgomery 

16. Rottweiler- Brad Allen

Winner: Kayla Blood, El Toro Loco

Only reason I didn't put Mark on here was because he kinda is the least popular with the fans on the TT Tours right now. Feld may want another ETL in the field since right now it seems like only Chuck and Becky are going in and he did pretty well for himself last year. Anyways, I put Kayla as the winner because in my field she is the second fastest on Vegas behind Jared. And, that's how everything mostly happens... mostly

4 hours ago, Brad Kerlin said:

Here is my full DDS Predictions 

Winner: Kayla Blood, El Toro Loco

Only reason I didn't put Mark on here was because he kinda is the least popular with the fans on the TT Tours right now. Feld may want another ETL in the field since right now it seems like only Chuck and Becky are going in and he did pretty well for himself last year. Anyways, I put Kayla as the winner because in my field she is the second fastest on Vegas behind Jared. And, that's how everything mostly happens... mostly

there's a real issue with your prediction list, dishman would be the fastest on your list because he's won two racing events, Kayla is a relatively slow driver and that's why she's on a TT tour not a big stadium tour. you don't have Eric Swanson on here who almost won it last year.

The thing with Dishman is he’s never even made a pass or even displayed at Vegas so I wouldn’t really pick him as a winner just yet on that. Just because he’s won racing twice doesn’t mean anything, Chicago isn’t the same as the Vegas J hook. The truck should handle Vegas well tho, those ram trucks make huge power. Also I’m hopeful for Eric being in but I’m a little skeptical as it seems they give indies about 2 years in Vegas before either being promoted to main field or not being invited at all, and on top of of that Eric didn’t have a full schedule this year as well so I’m hopeful but unsure there. 

1 hour ago, cp2013 said:

there's a real issue with your prediction list, dishman would be the fastest on your list because he's won two racing events, Kayla is a relatively slow driver and that's why she's on a TT tour not a big stadium tour. you don't have Eric Swanson on here who almost won it last year.

Just because i think he isnt gonna win doesnt mean i think he wont do well. He's got plenty of power its just controlling it through the turn and we havent seen him do that yet. I dont have Eric because he didnt do anything really memorable on his tour. I have Kayla as my winner because she qualified fourth last year and that does mean something in my predictions because only Jared has been faster than her on this track. Also, if Feld does "decide" a winner then she is the best choice. You know why? Once she gets better then she is the perfect role model for the fans. Honestly. Its just my predictions. If you have an issue with them then thats your issue, not mine.

I didn't put Collete on my predictions list because it's actually possible for her to get in the big show. Man of Steel got that exact treatment back in 2014, where it competed only in arenas for the entire first quarter, and ended up going into the main field. Considering how Wonder Woman is owned by DC, like Man of Steel is, such an occurrence could happen again.

The reason why I didn't put Armando on my list either is because he has put Tristan's lead on his TTS tour in jeopardy. Four to six more overall wins, and he's got the lead. And I think he can do it.

The thing is with Wonder Woman tho is with Man Of Steel they didn’t throw a rookie into the WF. Plus being in the DDS still gives the truck WF exposure which is basically what they want. I don’t see them puttin her or anyone else in that truck in the main field this year