World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

My possibly controversial predictions for both racing events:

5MMaolM.png

picked Blood over Cody due to him losing it in Thunder Alley and although he was faster, she has more experience navigating the track. Also Eichelberger over Rummel due to Corey always struggling in the end of the turn, always comes out a little crooked and clips the car. While it doesnt slow him down too much i can see Eichelberger taking advantage of that window. In the end however i see Camden on top.

KFrFpx1.png

Elliott was too fast yesterday for me not to feel he'd follow through. Ryan on the other hand, we've seen him push this far before and not disappoint. and yes i did try to visualize each race rather than just pick a favorite. Example being BJ and Gas Monkey, personally not a fan of the truck or driver but have him advancing to round 3. as well as tom being my favorite and a great racer but losing to Elliot in round 2.

I honestly cant pick an overall winner here, the race would be super close. I'd love to see Ryan take another racing win but Elliott in Max-D is one of my favorite truck/driver pairs. Based on Qualifying I honestly see Ryan but Elliott has so much potential to pull another really fast time.

Excited to see how this goes tho, if Elliot or Ryan make it to finals ill be happy.

50 minutes ago, Brad Kerlin said:

Friday, midnight. Saturday, midnight. I hate time zones.

*pic of encore and shiz*

That's jsut for Encores and stuff, which will happen after racing/fs. So it's not surprising that it's late at night

My girlfriend and I have an early morning flight into Vegas tomorrow morning, we land at like 10:30 am there. Gunna dash over to the hotel, check in and then head over to try and make the BBQ on time (I'd be surprised if we didn't). Sam Boyd Stadium's new bag policy sucks but it is what it is. Guess I'll have to stuff my camera into a small plastic carry bag and hold my sweater during the whole pit party. 

Can't lie I feel like a kid with how excited I am for my 2nd time being there. My girlfriend is even more excited than I am, all she as seen are the shows in Toronto in 2017 & 2018. 

Should get lots of good pics this year, with the clear bag policy it might be harder to get my camera and lens in there, but we will see.  

My pics were too big, so I'll just type my predictions.

DOUBLE DOWN SHOWDOWN CHAMPION: Grave Digger - Brandon Vinson - This guy has an advantage nobody else in this year's DDS field can say they have; being a former crew chief of a world champion. And that advantage is bound to come to good use tomorrow night. May not have been as fast as Camden, but he was consistent, which is what matters. As long as he holds on to the consistency he had, he's a definite contender for the win. 

Double Down Showdown Semi-Finalists: Pirate's Curse - Camden Murphy, El Toro Loco - Mark List, and Blue Thunder - Matt Cody

RACING CHAMPION: FS1 Cleatus - Marc McDonald - I've waited so long for this guy's year to come, and this year may finally be it. He's been very consistent throughout the year and came so close to winning his tour. As long as he keeps on nailing the turns like he did in Qualifying yesterday and remains consistent, I see him finally going all the way.

Semi-Finalists: Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson, Mutant - Todd LeDuc, and Max-D - Tom Meents

FREESTYLE CHAMPION: Max-D - Tom Meents - He's on the hunt for Championship #12, and he might just get it this year. He's been a mad man as usual in all of his runs, and even attempted a reverse backflip in San Diego. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he comes out as the champion, and on Max-D's 15th anniversary, that makes it extra special.

Top 5: Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson, Grave Digger - Charlie Pauken, Wild Flower - Rosalee Ramer, and Avenger - Jim Koehler

8 hours ago, P3ForLife said:

I could be trippin but It looks like avenger has a slightly different paint

Nah its the same paintjob, you might think that for the different angle and weather of the picture compared to the one in display. Loving the old maxd body returns.