World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

4 minutes ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

looks like you can roll the dice and try to leduc it, I also see Avenger getting massive air on the step up

Someone on Instagram said that the Box Van jump over there is steep enough to do a forward momentum back flip. I knida agree. And we know Tom's coming in with vengeance after last night's poor turnout and encore (in terms of landing the trick. The rest of the encore was great). Wouldn't be surprised if he went for it.

11 minutes ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

Plus rushing shows? eh not really rushing them imo if they did they would cut down to 14 trucks in stadium tours and not have replaced 1 minute and 30 secs of freestyle to two minutes.

Shows are anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes shorter than they used to be. We still see the same action, but with no side acts, and any time where there isn't a monster truck out on the track has been shortened as much as possible. It makes it seem like the promoter just wants to get the show over with as quickly as possible, when the people there are willing to stay for longer like they used to.

The point you made about the tracks is valid, in that most fans only see one or two shows a year, so they probably won't care what's in St. Louis when they live in Anaheim. Not to mention keeping the same design for tracks makes it easier on the drivers, so they know what to expect. Still, the track design is very dull and there's really nothing memorable about two dozen stacks of dirt. I think I said more about this a few weeks ago, if you wanna dig that up.

41 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Someone on Instagram said that the Box Van jump over there is steep enough to do a forward momentum back flip. I knida agree. And we know Tom's coming in with vengeance after last night's poor turnout and encore (in terms of landing the trick. The rest of the encore was great). Wouldn't be surprised if he went for it.

oh sheet I did not even notice how steep that sheet is! But I doubt it, probably just get a sky wheelie

37 minutes ago, JackMProductions said:

Shows are anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes shorter than they used to be. We still see the same action, but with no side acts, and any time where there isn't a monster truck out on the track has been shortened as much as possible. It makes it seem like the promoter just wants to get the show over with as quickly as possible, when the people there are willing to stay for longer like they used to.

The point you made about the tracks is valid, in that most fans only see one or two shows a year, so they probably won't care what's in St. Louis when they live in Anaheim. Not to mention keeping the same design for tracks makes it easier on the drivers, so they know what to expect. Still, the track design is very dull and there's really nothing memorable about two dozen stacks of dirt. I think I said more about this a few weeks ago, if you wanna dig that up.

I mean yet with the tracks we got this year lead to us getting amazing shows every weekend. Sure they can add different track layouts every weekend but Idk that would be sheet imo because some fans would get amazing tracks like people in Anaheim but mean while in places like San Antonio they could get a small sheety track. Also I meant GO to two or 1 show a year 

1 hour ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

sigh I jinxed myself again....

The first guy out in Freestyle tonight will be Colton......wat