World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

Freestyle reminded me of World Finals 11. The difference being that at World Finals 11, the track was at fault, and this time it was the trucks themselves. Seeing so many trucks break and roll over early is always a downer, so from what I saw of the freestyle, this show was pretty middle-of-the-road. I can't say it's worth going out of your way to see aside from the highlights.

I actually really enjoyed that encore.  We've never seen trucks as characters and tell a story with props and all.  Makes me wonder if the Marvel Live deal that was promoted a few years back actually came to fruition would be like.  Also with these stunts being attempted makes me think about what goes on in Paxton because clearly these aren't the first attempts.

I didn't think Ryan's run was that great. Admittedly, it's the only run I've seen so far, so I can't compare it to the others, so it may well have been the best run tonight for all I know. Personally, I though almost all the "Wow" factors came after the clock hit 0. But like I said, I haven't seen the rest of the runs so I'll need to see them before I can form an opinion on if it were win worthy or not. Also I usually set way too high of expectations for freestyle, so that probably has an influence on my opinion too.

2 minutes ago, maxdman said:

Also with these stunts being attempted makes me think about what goes on in Paxton because clearly these aren't the first attempts.

Some crazy sheet we dont get to see sadly. Overall, I feel like everyone's expectations were held WAY too high bc of the "last Vegas" thing. Maybe had that seed not been planted in our heads this freestyle would've been perceived a little better. Not to say the breaks weren't a letdown tho. They were. 

1 minute ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

I didn't think Ryan's run was that great. Admittedly, it's the only run I've seen so far, so I can't compare it to the others, so it may well have been the best run tonight for all I know. Personally, I though almost all the "Wow" factors came after the clock hit 0. But like I said, I haven't seen the rest of the runs so I'll need to see them before I can form an opinion on if it were win worthy or not. Also I usually set way too high of expectations for freestyle, so that probably has an influence on my opinion too.

Watched the facebook stream and even disregarding the WOW factor after time was up, Ryan had the best run.

I was waiting for that frontflip. Todd did good, but I have to give it to Ryan. I mean a one wheel moonwalk is crazy. HOWEVER, I felt that Chuckie should've got it. He had a more ragged edge run. I feel like most of Ryan's points came from people voting after time was up.

4 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I was waiting for that frontflip. Todd did good, but I have to give it to Ryan. I mean a one wheel moonwalk is crazy. HOWEVER, I felt that Chuckie should've got it. He had a more ragged edge run. I feel like most of Ryan's points came from people voting after time was up.

List everything YOU thought was POSITIVE about this year's world finals 

1- The track was actually quite good.

2- Judging was on point (for the most part)

3- The Bus

4-Leduc's 360

5-The DDS/Racing same day layout

6- The Pit Party 

7- Ryan winning

8- The pond being back

9- The lineup this year

10- The close scoring towards the end. Nail biter for sure

1 minute ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

this just proves that even a track with enough space to recover still bites the drivers

I dont know why but the trucks seemed so frail today. May have been that "last vegas" mindset I mentioned earlier but still. Other than that this was my 3rd favorite world finals. My top 3 are (in order) 18,13,19