World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

What a send off to the last WF in Las Vegas FOR A WHILE because they will return to the new stadium still I bet for like a few times. 

Overall this was a good World Finals racing was amazing DDS was amazing, and freestyle  IDK I have not watch sheet of it. Im waiting for the full fs coverage on Youtube tommorow

but I guess time to go back to the 2K18 thread thanks yall for a great annual WF thread now we will see what the future of World Finals holds...

Sure I'll weigh in on how i thought it went:

Overall I think it was a good World Finals, the racing was great, saw quite a few upsets, and some really close races. I'm glad that the championship was decided by one of the closest races I've been able to witness, and Adam definitely deserved to win after winning by a small margin. The encore, even though it was a mess, it still did the MaxD 15th justice, because it summed up what the MaxD team is, destruction and carnage, and good entertainment.

I believe freestyle was good, it started very slow, a couple good runs by some newer drivers, and a lot of trucks breaking very early. As they started to go further down the field, it got more exciting, still a lot of trucks breaking before time ran out, but still putting on a good run. Charlie's sidewall slide (or whatever you want to call it) was one of those moments I'll remember for a while. Todd doing the 360 spin was another moment. Ryan came out and did what he does best, and he had a very good run, and it beat all the other runs before it, and he deservingly won. The encore was very fun, I like that it told a story, and that they put out little building to destroy, and the double backflip, even though it didn't land, was super close and it made for a very exciting moment, especially watching it with friends.

Overall I'm happy with this World Finals, it did the last World Finals in Vegas justice by being wild and chaotic and fun. I'm excited to see what rotational WF's will have in store in the coming years. 

Well before I bid farewell to this beautiful thread I made, I'd like to give my thoughts on everything.

Double Down Showdown: MUCH better than last year. Glad that Cory won. Ami beating out Mark in Round 1 was a jaw dropper. Quite a few wild rides but in the end it was great.

Racing: Never have I been felt more shaky with a World Finals Racing bracket than this. I was stunned when Bari beat Tom and Neil, and really hoped Marc would win. Nice Digger vs. Digger finals and glad that Adam took another win.

Freestyle: Wow. Who would've thought that what we all thought was going to be a great Freestyle competition turned out to be as awful as 2016. Very few competitors filled the clock, and those who did only really got somewhere in 7 or 8. At least there were a lot of wow moments, such as Ryan's moonwalk after a backflip, Rosalee getting HUGE air, and Charlie's sidewall slide. In the end, I'm just thankful that the winner was the right guy, and this time, without a doubt.

Encores: Man oh man. The Max-D 15th Anniversary Encore was a disaster, but the Rampage encore definitely made up for it. It was confirmed that Tom Meents was in George, and came SO CLOSE to finally perfecting the double backflip. Not sure who was in the other trucks but it was cool, especially with over 50 trucks flooding the floor afterwards.

And now the long wait until the action returns begins. Two long weeks, folks. Two long weeks....

I guess i'll jump on the bandwagon and do this too. 

Double Down Showdown- I actually enjoyed having this being the same day as racing. Very clean, organized, and well done. Best one in years. Congrats Cory.

Racing- Very decent competition this year. One of my favorite World Finals Racing brackets and competitions in a while, maybe ever. Tons of upsets and new faces. Wish Tyler would've gotten it, but a Digger taking it is never a bad thing. Adam not only became the most decorated Anderson in World Finals history, he became the first driver to win it all who didn't qualify above the #8 spot. That race was so close! Great time to be there live. 

Freestyle- This is the only department where someone could say this world finals lacked, and I would have to disagree with that. While yes, there were TONS who went down early, Ryan's performance and WIN made this one of the best. Another history making competition. History was made in DDS, Racing, and Freestyle this year. Not only did Ryan's run make it worth it, drivers like Todd LeDuc,  Charlie Pauken, and even Candace Jolly all turned in stellar performances. 

Encore- I thoroughly enjoyed the Max-D encore (especially that black truck :wub::wub: Hope that competes). While they didn't complete the tricks, they sure made some maximum destruction. Also, they played Symphony of Destruction so hey. The return of the OG maximum Destruction was cool, as well as the colored one and the REVERSE BACKFLIPS! The Rampage encore I did not like at first. Now, after re-viewing it, I like it a little more. Tom almost got the back flip! However, I wished there would've been a Vegas encore with the past champions (return of team meents, madusa, captain's curse, etc.) or commemorative trucks. However, the Rampage encore was cool with the crushable city and such. The story was cool. 

Pit Party- Nobody mentioned this, but I feel like I should. This one felt bigger and better. More room to walk, the 15th anniversary Max-D display was AWESOME with the Arlington 2011 truck, the original body, and all the colored trucks. Lots of entertainment, lines weren't OVERLY long, Barbeque was great, and the music was amazing. Overall, this pit party was the best maybe ever. 

Special Trucks- We saw some cool schemes get debuted this year. I really like the new Playin' For Keeps and Time Fly's. The Jester was cool too. I helped hold up the #JesterNation sign!

Wow Moments- This section was very prominent, even in qualifying. Jester's tumble and save, Jared's DDS rollover, Todd's 360 whatever you wanna call it, the EXTREMELY CLOSE final race, Chuckie's sidewall slide, Becky's save, Morgan's sidewall save to half back flip, Rosalee's GARGANTUAN air, Ryan's back flip to one wheel moonwalk, and so much more. This world finals packed the wow moments even in racing.

Atmosphere- The atmosphere at this World Finals was killer! It was an awesome send off to Sam Boyd Stadium. 

Obstacles/Track- I liked this track a lot. The bus ramp was very nice to see again and so was the fountain. The only thing I have to say about the fountain is that maybe it should be it's own ramp like it used to be so the whole PAD doesn't get all muddy. But still, the world finals wouldn't be the same without it. 

I was honored to be there live, and it's an experience I will never forget. Also, it was my first WF here with the Sim Monsters Community. Thanks for the discussion you guys!

So that about wraps it up. Thanks Vegas, for 18 years of awesomeness. Hopefully the All-Star challenge rocks, and the new venue for WF is amazing. #Lastvegas.

Viva Las Vegas Baby! Lets end the thread with a little throwback.

See you next year!

So where do i start? My World Finals experience was one to remember. When we arrived at our hotel (Sams Town) on Thursday we saw Cory Rummel as well as the family of Jamey Garner, so that was pretty incredible! On Friday at the show we had the VIP Press Box viewing for the show and i am SO GLAD we decided to do that. While we were up there i met Weston Anderson, Dennis Anderson again ( i should point out that he sat about 4 feet away from me as well), Chad Fortune, Randy Brown,  Frank Krml, and others that are to be named at a further time when i remember. I thought the encore for Max D was honestly really awesome. It was cool to hear Dennis talking about it with his family as they were standing right behind me during the duration of it. As for how Saturday went? well, i was coughing my guts out all damn day so it kind of killed my enthusiasm for the show but, i did get to meet Richard Rawlings inside of the VIP tent! My favorite run of the night had to be Bari in Zombie for some reason. He seemed to be on another level the whole weekend. I hope to be back for the All Star Showdown next year! 

I've honestly wondered for years now if there will ever be a World Finals freestyle without a run that really feels like a winner, this year will probably be the closest we get lol, and that's not to say it's the 'worst year ever' by any regard, but like everyone else has said it just paled in comparison to last year.

16 hours ago, jdshark000 said:

I've honestly wondered for years now if there will ever be a World Finals freestyle without a run that really feels like a winner, this year will probably be the closest we get lol, and that's not to say it's the 'worst year ever' by any regard, but like everyone else has said it just paled in comparison to last year.

I can think of quite a few, actually. If we're judging by a run that stands out out and has a key moment or moments, there's been plenty that didn't have those things, but won the championship by just being better than everyone else overall.

20 hours ago, Connor Richardson said:

Another throwback here haha (also, I'm alive!) To me, this is without a doubt the greatest freestyle of all time. Crazy to think this was 7 years ago.

I definitely wouldn't call it the greatest freestyle of all time, but it's one of the most profound of all time. Ryan making his debut in his first very own truck, coming back from injury, and putting on a run that would have won the championship had he competed for it.

Edited by NavySonicShell
Removed video from quote

5 hours ago, JackMProductions said:

I can think of quite a few, actually. If we're judging by a run that stands out out and has a key moment or moments, there's been plenty that didn't have those things, but won the championship by just being better than everyone else overall.

Honestly yeah many years can be argued for that. 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2016

All (well except the super debatable 2016 one) were all the best runs but didn’t have a massive wow moment sans your usual big air and fast pace

On 2/19/2018 at 9:08 AM, TheRetroStyle said:

Since Pauken just won his tour, I'd assume these guys from that tour are also going to the big show:

• Colt Stephens
  • Chuck Werner (I will flip a table if Feld snubs him again)
  • Tom Meents
  • Cole Venard
  • Candice Jolly
  • Scott Buetow
  • Rosalee Ramer

I'm very iffy about these guys, but chances are they're going to the DDS:

• Jamey Garner
  • Cory Rummel
  • Eric Swanson

why doesnt chuck ever actually get a chance

On 3/24/2018 at 10:32 PM, MonsterJam2008 said:

That was lame, if zombie is gonna leave the stadium he need to go bigger than that

He hit the wall coming out of thunder alley.

world finals was pretty good this year. 18 was such a high bar to beat. only thing i'm mad about is the lady who interviewed me said I've been a fan since 2013, when specifically told her 2003! lol. oh well it is what it is. 

Edited by NavySonicShell
Double post, edited it into one