World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

1. FS1 Cleatus - Marc McDonald (Not only did he finish very well, but he's in the FS1 truck, so that's basically an automatic in for him)
  2. El Toro Loco - Becky McDonough (Had an even better season than last year. She deserves it.)
  3. Lucas Oil Crusader - Linsey Weenk (Another sponsor truck and a World FInals veteran, plus despite having a rough season, he had his share of wow moments)
  4. Zombie - Bari Musawwir (May have fallen off the grid a bit, but proved to be impressive on Triple Threat Central)
  5. Wild Flower - Rosalee Ramer (Definitely had a rough season, but in Oakland she proved she still has the craziness in her)
  6. El Toro Loco - Chuck Werner (I'm waiting.......)
  7. Monster Mutt Dalmatian - Candice Jolly (Obvious)
  8. Soldier Fortune - Chad Fortune (Obvious)
  9. Max-D - Colton Eichelberger (Obvious)
  10. Great Clips Mohawk Warrior - Bryce Kenny (Obvious)
  11. Brodozer - Colt Stephens (They're trying to get the truck in for Vegas, and I hope they can do it. Otherwise, a second Zombie it is.)
  12. Whiplash - Brianna Mahon
  13. Bounty Hunter - Jimmy Creten
  14. Scooby-Doo - Steven Sims (C'mon, the guy deserves it.)
  15. Dragon - Jon Zimmer
  16. Northern Nightmare - Cam McQueen (Arena Tour Champion)

I agree with @monsterjam9876. This year hasn't been Mahon's season. She literally JUST came from the arena tours (Her fire suit in the pic doesn't even have Whiplash on it in the pic...). Her performances this year have been EXTREMELY lackluster. That's not to say she's a bad driver, she just needs more time to mature. She did do great in Madusa at WF XVI though. And while Sims has been a great competitor this year (great in Anaheim) , he's a fill in driver. If he's in Scooby Doo, then give CVH his own Digger at World Finals too because he killed it filling in for Morgan. Also would love to see Scott Hartsock and Slinger back in the finals again.

17 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I agree with @monsterjam9876. This year hasn't been Mahon's season. She literally JUST came from the arena tours (Her fire suit in the pic doesn't even have Whiplash on it in the pic...). Her performances this year have been EXTREMELY lackluster. That's not to say she's a bad driver, she just needs more time to mature. She did do great in Madusa at WF XVI though. And while Sims has been a great competitor this year (great in Anaheim) , he's a fill in driver. If he's in Scooby Doo, then give CVH his own Digger at World Finals too because he killed it filling in for Morgan. Also would love to see Scott Hartsock and Slinger back in the finals again.

Brianna was on a stadium tour last year so not really fresh off a arena tour, and this is her 3rd straight World Finals appearance. Also Steven is the best Scooby driver they have and he did most of the season so I’d say it’s fair he’s in over someone like CVH who is retired and did one show. And Scott hasn’t really done much lately so I completely disagree with him being back in the finals as he just doesn’t run hard anymore.

17 minutes ago, NitroMenace said:

Brianna was on a stadium tour last year so not really fresh off a arena tour, and this is her 3rd straight World Finals appearance. Also Steven is the best Scooby driver they have and he did most of the season so I’d say it’s fair he’s in over someone like CVH who is retired and did one show. And Scott hasn’t really done much lately so I completely disagree with him being back in the finals as he just doesn’t run hard anymore.

Ok I can see that. I still don't consider Steven a Scooby driver. That is a fair statement for CVH, but i still feel like if he was able to give the driver points maybe they could switch off? Like CVH does racing and MK does freestyle. I know that won't happen. I  just hope that we see some lesser appreciated trucks like Ice Cream Man, Jester, or Wild Flower. I wouldn't care to see Jimmy Creten again. He's had some success this year, but not much. He's usually in the finals bc of name recognition.

I mean of those 3 Creten is really the only one who’s done good.. Rosalee or Roy or Matt hasn’t won anything or dominated in points, where as Creten finished in 4th place in points with multiple wins and is the highest finishing independent in points among Monster Jam so I’d say Creten earned his spot more than they did 

5 minutes ago, NitroMenace said:

I mean of those 3 Creten is really the only one who’s done good.. Rosalee or Roy or Matt hasn’t won anything or dominated in points, where as Creten finished in 4th place in points with multiple wins and is the highest finishing independent in points among Monster Jam so I’d say Creten earned his spot more than they did 

Ok fair. I just feel like it would be nice to see some others rather than the usual batch. I feel like out of the independants, drivers like Rosalee, Roy, and Matt are more than deserving. Rosalee puts it all out on the line, Roy has SIGNIFICANTLY improved over the past season, and matt is just on another level of air. Scott on the other hand, is a vet who deserves the spot. He's good in racing, but freestyles lack some. Also, I don't like going off of points. They don't really mean anything. I go off of effort and skill. Because we all know the fans determine the points by judging and will give them to their favorites, not the ACTUAL winner...

Ugh I'm not looking forward to Candace, Marc, and Jimmy. Marc has literally not been himself since he started driving FS1. He's in Cleatus tho so he's undoubtedly going. Candace is ok, but Cynthia is a little more deserving. Cynthia is one of the hardest working athletes in the sport. I'm still not looking forward to Jimmy. He's having issues with his sightline out of the new Ramer Chassis (He told me at the pit party that bc it sits so low he can't see out of the plexi-glass, so he has to turn wide to make sure he doesn't hit the cars). Also, Jimmy competed for points on 2 tours. Don't think that's fair but whatever. My last 10 are

Marc McDonald- FS1 Cleatus

Ryan Disharoon- Saigon Shaker

Becky Mcdonough- El Toro Loco

Coty Saucier- Mutant

Cam Mcqueen- Northern Nightmare

Cory Rummel- Pirates Curse (Showed he can burn it down in San Diego)

Cynthia Guatier- Monster Mutt Dalmation

Chad Fortune- Soldier Fortune

Bari Musawwir or Travis Mowery- Zombie (Travis Mowery I would prefer)

Colt Stephens- Brodozer  (Debut)

57 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Ok I can see that. I still don't consider Steven a Scooby driver. That is a fair statement for CVH, but i still feel like if he was able to give the driver points maybe they could switch off? Like CVH does racing and MK does freestyle. I know that won't happen. I  just hope that we see some lesser appreciated trucks like Ice Cream Man, Jester, or Wild Flower. I wouldn't care to see Jimmy Creten again. He's had some success this year, but not much. He's usually in the finals bc of name recognition.

i honestley dont wanna see wild flower back in vegas i dont thank she is that ready for it. she also did not have a very good season like in the past. jester would be nice to see but i just dont thank he is that ready but i can say hes a great driver. and again the razin kane team i dont thank should be put in. yes ice cream man has had a great season but i dont thank hes quite ready.