FELD Motorsport Censorship

Sterling_Mustang

Never actually got to watch the FELD MJ series this past year, but I noticed they became full liberal and removed everything to do with guns; removed Gun from Gunslinger, removed the gun from Metal Mulisha, and took the gun off of Soldier Fortune.

Has this bothered anybody else? Seeing my favorite trucks being censored like that really bothers me.

You know, I've learned to adapt to the new change, and to be fair I didn't 100% care about the whole ordeal to begin with.  Yeah it kinda sucked when it first happened because the changes they made on those trucks (especially Soldier Fortune) were signifcant.  But I mean it's been a year, and I personally don't find the censored designs bad whatsoever.  The only design I wasn't a fan of was Metal Mulisha but that truck retired so it doesn't matter.   

I find the gunless Soldier Fortune, and the newly named Slinger truck, to be pretty cool trucks still regardless of what happened in 2017.  I don't hate FELD for it, they're doing what they feel is right, even if it may seem a little overkill.  This doesn't mean I favor pro or against guns on trucks, I'm simply neutral. 

I mean it's something we have to live with now whether we like it or not, so why fuss about it?  Plenty of people are upset, but there's nothing we can do about it.  Idk that's just how I look at it and I'm sure not everyone's gonna agree.

They're a business. Guns are a very hot button issue right now and to avoid anybody suing or protesting and making the company look bad they removed everything that could've posed a possible threat. We may not like it, but it's what FELD has to do to stay a business and bring us exciting Monster Jam action without politics getting in the way.

25 minutes ago, EightBitMS said:

They're a business. Guns are a very hot button issue right now and to avoid anybody suing or protesting and making the company look bad they removed everything that could've posed a possible threat. We may not like it, but it's what FELD has to do to stay a business and bring us exciting Monster Jam action without politics getting in the way.

Man I did not know they were a business I thought they were a group of guys doing a circle jerk in their offices

• Upvote 1

I just don't get it. So we can sell kids GTA V and all this actual BS, but have to censor trucks? There are PG movies with Guns. PG means Parental Guidance. When have you seen a child at MJ without parental guidance? By removing the Gun from Gunslinger it ruined the truck. Terrible.

28 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I just don't get it. So we can sell kids GTA V and all this actual BS, but have to censor trucks? There are PG movies with Guns. PG means Parental Guidance. When have you seen a child at MJ without parental guidance? By removing the Gun from Gunslinger it ruined the truck. Terrible.

Seems that every reply you do is hate to something. Yeah i know GTA V is violent and that sh#t but parents have to decide whether buying or no, FELD just removes it for avoiding protesting and things like that.

5 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I see that, but i mean its kind of pointless because kids will be exposed to that no matter what.

FELD doesn't exactly care what's going on with other companies creating violent content, they only care if they are in the clear from any potential legal issues guns may bring to Monster Jam and their other motor sport events.   Eliminating guns from the trucks was the easiest possible solution, and now they don't even have to deal with potential problems other companies may face in the future.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Actually no we can not sell GTA V to kids. It is Rated M for mature audiences MOST kids are not mature.

GTA is meant for people over 18 years old. Some kids just get GTA V with their permission. but like Wave said FELD does not care what goes on in other companies especially in the video game/movie business 

19 hours ago, EightBitMS said:

1 hour ago, Wave said:

FELD doesn't exactly care what's going on with other companies creating violent content, they only care if they are in the clear from any potential legal issues guns may bring to Monster Jam and their other motor sport events.   Eliminating guns from the trucks was the easiest possible solution, and now they don't even have to deal with potential problems other companies may face in the future.

I haven't kept up with Monster Jam recently but these are the most logical answers. Guns have always been controversial, so to avoid any of the controversy coming to the sport, they removed any gun references from their entire roster. With the amount of school shootings within the recent months, don't even think about them coming back any time soon, either.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

21aqbc_zpsibofrb47.jpg