Show Your Project Chapter 62

MarcosMCM

On 5/18/2018 at 9:23 PM, John Dough said:

Black Panther - Blair Lockhart

Black panther is so cool looking IMO. Everyone is talking about the NASA truck but I love this one. One thing I suggest you do if this is a custom, is make claws, what I thought you could do is have them hang off the top of the headlights, or at least have them look sharper, I assume they are at the edge of the windshield from the looks of it. This might also open the eyes of some creators to make more Marvel character trucks from different movies like Groot, Vision, Ant-Man, etc. But great work and I hope to drive it someday!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RORMADNESS said:

Black panther is so cool looking IMO. Everyone is talking about the NASA truck but I love this one. One thing I suggest you do if this is a custom, is make claws, what I thought you could do is have them hang off the top of the headlights, or at least have them look sharper, I assume they are at the edge of the windshield from the looks of it. This might also open the eyes of some creators to make more Marvel character trucks from different movies like Groot, Vision, Ant-Man, etc. But great work and I hope to drive it someday!

You basically just described Wolverine. The spikes by the windshield aren't claws, but more of the necklace he wears.

• Like 2

Just a quick update. Never laid this one to rest. I've been working on it a lot over the past few months (yes, still working on the matte paint for the Max D), including swapping chassis AND bodies, so here you go. Hartsock's (Gun)Slinger for 2018. As always, constructive criticism is appreciated. Keep in mind this is still a work in progress, I still have to add the Gunslinger4x4.com logo and Scott's name above the drivers' side window. Don't know if anyone really cares to have this released, but if y'all like it i might, so drop an upvote if you want to see it.

screenshot_2018-05-21_20-20-32_1.jpg

screenshot_2018-05-21_20-20-47_1.jpg

screenshot_2018-05-21_20-24-52_1.jpg

screenshot_2018-05-21_20-34-06_1.jpg

(Also, yeah i know it's not 100% accurate. Shocks, chassis, and body are different, but I felt that this combo looks and drives the best. I'm not really experienced on truck building, so this was just a fun personal thing that I wanted to put together for myself, but thought it looked good enough to showcase here. Again, if you want to see it, upvote, and tell me what you want to see on this truck! Thanks.)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

17 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Also, yeah i know it's not 100% accurate. Shocks, chassis, and body are different, but I felt that this combo looks and drives the best.

*Facepalm* I'm sorry, but if you're going for a replica, then make all parts look at least somewhat look like a replica. Right now, it doesn't even look like 10% accurate to the real Slinger. I'm ok if it looks maybe like 80% like the replica, but this doesn't look even close to it. If it's a custom, fine, maybe add some more work into the paint to give it more pizzazz, but if you're going for the replica, then you might have to start over and not use a figure that you find on google images. I think you might have to hand paint the person with the slingshot yourself, which takes a lot of time. Sorry again, I'm not trying to sound like a d!ck or anything, but that's how I personally feel

38 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Yeah im no where near good enough for a replica, it was kind of just a fun replicustom.

no biggie. Just be a little bit more clear next time when posting a project. It got confusing when you said constructive criticism is appreciated, but mention that its both a replica and a personal piece. I didnt know how to help you lol