Tons Of Problems With ROR 0.4.6

Vaxen

Question

So I am trying to move from 0.37 to 0.4.6, and I moved my tracks in Documents/Rigs Of Rods 0.4/Terrains, and when I try to play the game, I get an error saying "The Terrain Name Cannot Be Empty". I have no idea how to fix it. How do I fix it?

Controller mapping does not work at all. How do you make it work?

Is it possible to make the camera stop moving like in 0,37? The camera moving in the way its fixed to the truck is highly annoying to me.

I have tons of unzipped trucks that wont show up in the game, even with regenerating the cache, but they show up in 0.37. How do I make them appear in game?

I desperately need help. I know I gotta move to 0.4, because many of the newer trucks wont work in 0.37, but so far, 0.4 hates me.  Please help me. Thank you.

+ Vaxen

Where did you move your trucks/terrains? I put them in the packs folder and that works for me. Also, you may have to flip through the files, if you already have not, to find the configuration files for 0.4. I came back to RoR in like December last year, and I too had problems getting it to work. I was downloading from the RoR site, but then I found the developer 0.4.6 one on here. Are you using the one form Sim-Monsters? Let me know if this helped or if it is working. Best of luck!!

~ Lance

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

+ Vaxen

Where did you move your trucks/terrains? I put them in the packs folder and that works for me. Also, you may have to flip through the files, if you already have not, to find the configuration files for 0.4. I came back to RoR in like December last year, and I too had problems getting it to work. I was downloading from the RoR site, but then I found the developer 0.4.6 one on here. Are you using the one form Sim-Monsters? Let me know if this helped or if it is working. Best of luck!!

~ Lance

I am using the ROR version. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "flip through the files"

Lemme try to move everything on Packs

In 0.37, i have everything stored in "Streams" in the ROR game folder.

Okay if that does not work, I'll send you a link to the download for a developer mode 0.4.6 I found on this website. Alos by flipping through, I mean you may have to go to where the actual RoR folder is in the files and search through the core game files to find the configuration files to fix your controls.

10 minutes ago, Lance said:

+ Vaxen

~ Lance

damn it.... I'm still getting the error with my tracks...

I believe I do have the dev version..

13 minutes ago, Lance said:

Hm okay weird. I had 2 weird versions of 0.4 and they gave me problems. Try this one to see if it works better.

You will want to hit the download file button on the right. Not the link. That it is just server stuff.

42 minutes ago, Lance said:

That is really weird. I think maybe the only other way that I know, which I would hate, would be to clean sweep it, but I didn't know if that will even work. 

I dont know how to do that.

Seriously though, how is everyone but me able to get it to work. I mean, I have a nice PC, so how and why cant it work. 

The reason you can't use 0.37 tracks is because 0.4 uses a different .terrn file type, therefore the tracks need to be converted, hence under the 0.4 section there is a "tracks" section.

Controller inputs have to be modified in Documents/Rigs of Rods/config/input.

45 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

The reason you can't use 0.37 tracks is because 0.4 uses a different .terrn file type, therefore the tracks need to be converted, hence under the 0.4 section there is a "tracks" section.

sh**, ok then.

But  how do I make  my unzipped trucks recognized?

Wait though, then how do I edit it exactly? I use a PS4 controller.

18 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:

I can use 0.3.7 on 0.4.6. I guess some work and some do not.

19 hours ago, Vaxen said:

sh**, ok then.

But  how do I make  my unzipped trucks recognized?

Wait though, then how do I edit it exactly? I use a PS4 controller.

Are they appearing white or just not showing up?  Or partially untextured?  Give me details or pm me a picture.

4 hours ago, Lance said:

I can use 0.3.7 on 0.4.6. I guess some work and some do not.

No, it's because the track was already converted before it was released, so the necessary files were added to the zip without the need to be converted. Most are not like that. 

6 hours ago, Wave said:

Are they appearing white or just not showing up?  Or partially untextured?  Give me details or pm me a picture.

Not showing up at all when selecting trucks.

Although I compressed all my stuff now. Will try it tomorrow, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also, do you know how to convert tracks to 0.4? Is there a tutorial for it and is it easy to do? If I can, I'll gladly convert lots of tracks to 0.4