Jump to content
Sim Monsters
Edy

Edy's big ol' letter to the community

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody, i'm Edy

I think if you've been in the site since 2012, you probably have notice that i become more & more inactive over the last few years or so.

My last upload to the site was on 2016, and it was World Finals 17.

I want to think it is more than obvious that i've lost interest on R.O.R & making stuff for it, if you care about why, here are some reasons that may satify your doubts:

  1. I started doing photography & decided to start doing as a full time job 
  2. I got bored, didn't had the creative motivation to do stuff
  3. Suddenly i discovered this thing called having friends, it's fun

(For those who care about my mental health, thankfully everything has been better)

Now, to the point.

Over the last years i've been running out of space in my computer, that led my to transfer all my Rigs of Rods projects to an external harddrive (Which i finally found yesterday), i'll sit down and review every single file on the harddrive.

What i'm planning to do is whatever "Unfinished" proyects i find,  i'll post em' here on this thread so someone can finish it if they want, i trust you guys taking care of it, you got a lot of new talaent, so embrace them.  I really don't remember what stuff i relased or not, or show and never got further, so if you remember one of those things, please let me know.

Eventually i'll format the harddrive so i can start saving new stuff (I migth consider keeping some stuff for my art portafolio but that is up to my consideration, sugestions are welcome)

Now to the second point.

I'll be deleting the Google Drive folders for the "Monster Truck Logo Thread", so if anyone can host the logo library, i'll be very thankful.

Why? I mainly use Drive to pass photos to my clients, store vavrious important things & also maybe i'll start hosting my digital portafolios there until i can get a website

So, if you are willing to be the new host for the logo library, please send me a DM here or a discord message so i can give you a ZIP of everything

I think that's all

Now, about the harddrive thing, i'll start updating the thread as soon i can. The links will be from puush so they will not last forever.

Thanks for everything guys! Keep on creating! ((If you are interested on seeing some my art/photography, follow me on my Instagram or my Flickr))

 

File downloads:
TBA

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it was great having you in the sim monsters community. I wish you the best of luck for your future and don't let anyone bring you down. Take care. C:

And aslo, what do you mean by hosting the logo library? Do you mean like just hold on to it, or just like update it every now and then? Sorry for asking. I mean I probably would but just wanted to make sure i'm understanding what you are asking in the correct way.

 
Edited by NavySonicShell
Double post, edited it into one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope theirs some unfinish tracks there that I can finish for you! I wont let you down :)

its been great having you though out these years this community has changed so much. best of luck to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MonsterJam_FS1 said:

Well, it was great having you in the sim monsters community. I wish you the best of luck for your future and don't let anyone bring you down. Take care. C:

And aslo, what do you mean by hosting the logo library? Do you mean like just hold on to it, or just like update it every now and then? Sorry for asking. I mean I probably would but just wanted to make sure i'm understanding what you are asking in the correct way.

 

Host as they using their own cloud service and keep updating it yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Edy said:

Host as they using their own cloud service and keep updating it yeah

Ohh ok. I don't see why not. I mean its the least I can do. But I will still think about the offer. Thanks for telling me what you mean!!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on saving all the logos on my google drive, once i have everything set up i'll post a link to them.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you found a calling Edy, I myself walked away from this and personally I don't miss it one bit.. ok, maybe I miss it a little. Have fun man, that's what life is all about.. Enjoy it everyday! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 3:49 PM, Edy said:

Hello everybody, i'm Edy

I think if you've been in the site since 2012, you probably have notice that i become more & more inactive over the last few years or so.

My last upload to the site was on 2016, and it was World Finals 17.

I want to think it is more than obvious that i've lost interest on R.O.R & making stuff for it, if you care about why, here are some reasons that may satify your doubts:

  1. I started doing photography & decided to start doing as a full time job 
  2. I got bored, didn't had the creative motivation to do stuff
  3. Suddenly i discovered this thing called having friends, it's fun

(For those who care about my mental health, thankfully everything has been better)

Now, to the point.

Over the last years i've been running out of space in my computer, that led my to transfer all my Rigs of Rods projects to an external harddrive (Which i finally found yesterday), i'll sit down and review every single file on the harddrive.

What i'm planning to do is whatever "Unfinished" proyects i find,  i'll post em' here on this thread so someone can finish it if they want, i trust you guys taking care of it, you got a lot of new talaent, so embrace them.  I really don't remember what stuff i relased or not, or show and never got further, so if you remember one of those things, please let me know.

Eventually i'll format the harddrive so i can start saving new stuff (I migth consider keeping some stuff for my art portafolio but that is up to my consideration, sugestions are welcome)

Now to the second point.

I'll be deleting the Google Drive folders for the "Monster Truck Logo Thread", so if anyone can host the logo library, i'll be very thankful.

Why? I mainly use Drive to pass photos to my clients, store vavrious important things & also maybe i'll start hosting my digital portafolios there until i can get a website

So, if you are willing to be the new host for the logo library, please send me a DM here or a discord message so i can give you a ZIP of everything

I think that's all

Now, about the harddrive thing, i'll start updating the thread as soon i can. The links will be from puush so they will not last forever.

Thanks for everything guys! Keep on creating! ((If you are interested on seeing some my art/photography, follow me on my Instagram or my Flickr))

 

File downloads:
TBA

 

 

1. Excellent, still a creative outlet in the real world which can be very more enjoyable than all of this virtual stuff we're surrounded with. Good luck! I'm sure we'll see your photos around.

2. It's quite easy to get burned out on something when all one does is that, it's happened to pretty much all of it. Don't overwork yourself (I don't mean that just for on here either).

3. What are these friend things you speak of? Can I buy them somewhere? Taking a break is A-OK, but you don't have to become a complete stranger when doing so. ;)

 

I don't think anyone on here should make this their main focal point in their lives, yes it can do as an escape for a while and sometimes we all need that but it's important to remember what this and the places we've come from in the past were; A somewhat close-ish community to enjoy something we all share a common interest in. I've lost count of the number of people I've seen go from MTM2 and the early days of RoR Monster Trucks pursue the real thing. This is just a hobby that we can all use to learn things along the way towards a better and brighter future, it is not a job and no one will force you to stay. Time away from something that can at times be very stressful is always helpful to clear your mind and give it a fresh look.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×