Sim Monsters
Roach

Show Your Projects Chapter 63

12 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

This is exactly what I stand for 100%, thanks Andrew. However, I'm talking about everyone's.... Lovely... attitudes. Not to be addressed here, has been addressed before.

Ignore that top part if it doesnt pertain to you.

Yes @ABgamerX, this is a replica, and I will release more side pics when I can show them. I'm currently still working on them, and they arent fully ready to be shown yet. Excited to put my first real project out there (may come in a pack with my other unreleased trucks like Jurassic Park and others).

I LOVE your contradictions against yourself... OT: Adam, cool track cant wait to see how that comes out. and a suggestion for the tacoma custom, would it be possible to add a slightly taller ramp in the middle in FS to grant some more potential height?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

This is exactly what I stand for 100%, thanks Andrew. However, I'm talking about everyone's.... Lovely... attitudes. Not to be addressed here, has been addressed before.

Ignore that top part if it doesnt pertain to you.

Okay, I've been ignoring you but I'm gonna step in here. Why do you keep going back to people's "attitudes" when the situation is clearly about someone ripping ramp models from another track? It's the internet, and you're on a site full of older teenagers and young adults, get used to it.

What I'm gathering here is that ABgamerX supposedly ripped ramps from another track, and when he was accused of it this whole argument exploded about whether it's okay to do it, but give credit, or if it's not, because it isn't something that people were given permission to use. You started off supporting JUICY TOES's statement of:

"Who cares who made one, as long as credit is given. Atleast someone is trying to get out tracks for the community."

But here we are, and you're now supporting Andrew, who is countering the same argument you started off agreeing with, by saying that he doesn't release content because of people only thinking of it as content and disrespecting the time and effort he and others put into their work.

And now you're trying to tell us about our attitudes? On the internet? This isn't you and your little clique of friends, dude.

Your argument, whatever argument you were trying to form or support, is now null and void, since you now supposedly support both sides of the argument.

• Upvote 2

I will ask permission to use his ramps before releasing, if he says no, I'll make my own. Let's calm down with the drama a bit, and get back on topic please.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, ABgamerX said:

I will ask permission to use his ramps before releasing, if he says no, I'll make my own. Let's calm down with the drama a bit, and get back on topic please.

If i may be able to chime in.

If a project is released to the PUBLIC, imo i don't feel its necessary to ask permission. That project and everything helped make it up, is open to the public to be used in whatever way SO LONG AS the original creator is given credit for their contributions.

If the project was kept PRIVATE and you (somehow) got a hold of it and started showing it off as your own, then there's an issue.

If you think nothing on this site was used from components that were already released and/or public, you gotta look a little closer.

• Upvote 3

everyday we stray further and further from the light.

4 minutes ago, fernBurn said:

If i may be able to chime in.

If a project is released to the PUBLIC, imo i don't feel its necessary to ask permission. That project and everything helped make it up, is open to the public to be used in whatever way SO LONG AS the original creator is given credit for their contributions.

If the project was kept PRIVATE and you (somehow) got a hold of it and started showing it off as your own, then there's an issue.

If you think nothing on this site was used from components that were already released and/or public, you gotta look a little closer.

I was going to give him credit either way if I used his ramps

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ABgamerX said:

I was going to give him credit either way if I used his ramps

I understand. Im not saying You're in the wrong bc i dont even know myself if those ramps have been used on a released track or not.

If they were, they'd be considered public and would be able to be used by you as long as you gave credit to who you got it from, is all im saying.

If not, i would recommend you ask the creator before using them.

When i started and didn't know how to model, i ripped so many props from other creators trucks to use on my own projects. I just made sure i gave credit and everything was cool. I kinda just don't get where all the fall out is coming from.

• Upvote 1

They're the ramps from New Orleans 2018, I just re-scaled them slightly

9 hours ago, ABgamerX said:

Thank you. Easiest solution here. Everyone is literally so worked up.

8 hours ago, fernBurn said:

If they were, they'd be considered public and would be able to be used by you as long as you gave credit to who you got it from, is all im saying.

If not, i would recommend you ask the creator before using them.

When i started and didn't know how to model, i ripped so many props from other creators trucks to use on my own projects. I just made sure i gave credit and everything was cool. I kinda just don't get where all the fall out is coming from.

Also sums it up perfectly. I have no idea where this is coming from. Great Job AB, my only thing I would add is maybe making both color schemes that were ran on the track like black and blue or black and purple that you can select when loading in. That would be cool. Just make sure you give credit. Keep being awesome and getting things out here for the community. Dont let anyone bring you down or tell you otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Steele said:

(WIP) Thanks to @Andrew for the body and paint

I'm not a truck maker but the chassis looks like an outdated one, but that's just me. You know what you're doing lol.

Looking great! Awesome to see a new predator coming out on Sim-Monsters

8 hours ago, ABgamerX said:

They're the ramps from New Orleans 2018, I just re-scaled them slightly

ok i hate to chip into all this but im just getting back after many many issues (windows corruption restoring files etc the list goes on) but my opinion is the same as ferns, whats public is public its there for fair use, and as a track creator myself I see this as a extremely minor issue. the problem becomes lack of credit and credit doesnt need to be given in screenshots sorry but who cares? as long as its there in the final product thats what matters. Also to brighten the mood!

HhHN6n4.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hey guys. In the wake of all the controversy, let's lighten the mood by showing off the final project. Being sent to testers after going through the cloning process (if you know how to clone your assistance would be greatly appreciated). Check it out! There will be a version with Adam's name above the door (you can choose BKT's or Goodyears) and a 2018 version with no name. Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/ituO37b

https://imgur.com/a/uSufmRk

https://imgur.com/a/uDNhX2H

https://imgur.com/a/pIyynSD

https://imgur.com/a/ylGfZSU

5 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

If your going for replica switch monster jam logo out for the whatever year your replicating as well as removing BKT's because (correct me if im wrong.) GDL never ran BKTs. If its then ingore this comment i guess 

6 minutes ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

If your going for replica switch monster jam logo out for the whatever year your replicating as well as removing BKT's because (correct me if im wrong.) GDL never ran BKTs. If its then ingore this comment i guess 

It's gonna be a pack. There will be a replica version, and a few others. This is the version that i made if it was running now in 2018.