Show Your Projects Chapter 63

Roach

Here are the two projects I've been working on the past few days. A ton of thanks to @Chazzymp for providing me with his awesome paints for these trucks. Here are Nitro Menace and Jailbird as of now. If anything is a tad off please let me know and I will try to fix it ASAP. 

ypPsdfh.png

k185WQQ.png

AjIFjo3.png

mXMKhjn.png

aHe90fx.png

c5PZKW2.png

Currently the Jailbird body sits on Nitro Menace's PEI but Kaylyn's own chassis is going to be built soon and I will redo the rims since they are still too light grey. Other than that, suggestions are appreciated.

• Upvote 5

A few things. A, Jailbird and Nitro Menace are literally the exact same truck, so I’m not sure you really need different chassis if I’m honest. Just Different colors. Also, your bodies seem really small, they don’t even cover the bottom frame rail of the door. The paints also fit the bodies horribly, they seem super stretched and thinned out. Neither truck has headlight stickers, or Mj.com on them. Here’s some pics. Also, the batteries are under the hood, not in the cradle. Nitro has a mixture of yellow shocks (not seem in my pics as this happened afterwards) and grey shocks (yellow PEI shocks in the rear, grey Knight Stalkers in the front). Nitro also has grey 4 link bars, grey tie bars, and blue sway bar arms. Both trucks only run a single tie bar in the front. You’re also missing the side panels with the sponsors on them. Also you have the wrong body, they’re on a 4 door F150 body like Northern Nightmare, not the extended cab.   And lastly I’m not sure if there’s any other steering ram models out there but they run Racesource steering rams, not the Feld ones with those self centering mounts  Any other questions let me know, I worked for them lol 

8BF1741E-8B19-471A-A18E-ACFA68E230D8.jpeg

D6322B95-6C98-4B3A-B0B1-B0D0AA3C146C.jpeg

F6B6365E-CF40-4CC1-84AA-BA721E9BE33A.jpeg

AF24DF84-640D-4A80-84B1-CE91AC641283.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChaoticMayhem said:

Here are the two projects I've been working on the past few days. A ton of thanks to @Chazzymp for providing me with his awesome paints for these trucks. Here are Nitro Menace and Jailbird as of now. If anything is a tad off please let me know and I will try to fix it ASAP. 

Currently the Jailbird body sits on Nitro Menace's PEI but Kaylyn's own chassis is going to be built soon and I will redo the rims since they are still too light grey. Other than that, suggestions are appreciated.

You definitely need to adjust those headers if you have to use those collectors. They sit wayyyyyy too low, but I'd recommend looking at more reference photos for headers and creating some that actually match the trucks. Like seen in the pictures above. I also agree on the paints looking a bit funky, they seem stretched and warped and I think there is a lot more work that can be done to improve the paints, and I'd really recommend studying the pictures you find so that the trucks really match the real life counter parts. Keep up the work, take your time and reallyyyyy go out of your way to make them look good. 

3 hours ago, ChaoticMayhem said:

Some stuff that I would like to point out is that the body on both trucks are floating and also the isp seats are just sitting on the floor not mounted to anything.

3 hours ago, stimson122 said:

Might as well share some of my latest projects, nearing completion. If anyone is interested in helping to get some working lights for Overkill Evo, send me a message. Swamp Thing paint done by @Swegliner849

Awesome work as always sir! I think it's time that I finally switch over to .4 so I can fully take advantage of your amazing content! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stimson122 said:

Might as well share some of my latest projects, nearing completion. If anyone is interested in helping to get some working lights for Overkill Evo, send me a message. Swamp Thing paint done by @Swegliner849

All look really good, only thing I would suggest is toning the blue on Evo's chassis.  The paint blue looks spot on, but the chassis isn't that bright.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, maxdman said:

All look really good, only thing I would suggest is toning the blue on Evo's chassis.  The paint blue looks spot on, but the chassis isn't that bright.

@stimson122 I feel bad for commenting twice on the same post, but @maxdman and his darkening the chassis color note reminded me of something I noticed. Your swaybar arms need to be 1. Darker (Rim beadlocks too, I think they should be a few steps closer to purple than where they are now. Only a few since they're pretty good as they are now. Beadlocks and swaybar arms should match) and 2. More curved. The front swaybar arms from Fern's Blue Thunder should do the trick. They're curved and have the holes in them compared to your current ones which are straight and solid. That one little detail should be about it for me!

• Upvote 1