Been playing RoR for a while, new to Sim Monsters

JD8345RT

Hi :)

I've had Rigs of Rods for almost a year, liked the standard monster trucks pack that comes with it, and found this site about a week ago while searching for more monster truck packs. I downloaded a giant truck pack from this site, (It had almost 100 trucks in it, V3 maybe??) and was blown away with the variations on chassis, shock, engine and other detail design, and their authenticity! :o

I've looked around your forum a little, visited your YouTube channel, and would like to learn more about downloading tracks and new trucks. I would also like to learn how your racing league works, and hopefully learn the basics of designing a Sim-Monsters monster truck. :P

I have also recently been studying up on screencast software to be able to make videos. I tried a couple programs, but with limited success. (Would record screen until the game was launched, then went black) So I would appreciate any help or suggestions of what programs to use, and how to troubleshoot them.

I am so excited about this game! :D Thanks in advance for replies!

• Upvote 3

Yes I hope it works for you

It did! Thank you so much!! :D

Is there a way to record more than 30 seconds without upgrading to the full version?

Do NOT ask/talk or refer to stealing a program you must pay for, you will get banned for it. Not going to ban you for it because you're new but this goes for all members. -RKM

Edited by RKM

Do NOT ask/talk or refer to stealing a program you must pay for, you will get banned for it. Not going to ban you for it because you're new but this goes for all members. -RKM

Sorry, won't happen again.

@Ghost1031 I see on your signature that you drove Michigan Ice Monster in season 2...How does the multiplayer network work? How do I get on it?

The Multiplayer in RoR is pretty simple to use. Go into your RoR config, Then hit the Network tab. After that hit the Update button. A list of servers should pop up. Click on a server, then hit save and play. To chat ingame, press y. If you have not sign up for season 2 yet. Here is a link. . Make sure to read the first post carefully,

The Multiplayer in RoR is pretty simple to use. Go into your RoR config, Then hit the Network tab. After that hit the Update button. A list of servers should pop up. Click on a server, then hit save and play. To chat ingame, press y. If you have not sign up for season 2 yet. Here is a link. http://sim-monsters....eries-sign-ups/ . Make sure to read the first post carefully,

I have tried that, but it says my clent is too old. I went on the RoR website to the multiplayer section, and all the available servers were for 2.34 and 2.35. My game has been updated to 37.99, so why is my multiplayer server too old? Can I just update the multiplayer part, or do I need to reinstall the game?

Thanks, after I finish downloading AIM, I'll go sign up for a truck! :)

Version .37.126, that is the version of ror used to race, the server is privately hosted, for the races. And I believe rornet 2.34 is the version of the servers. I am not sure of the version in .37.99. I don't have a link to 37.126 so some else that know it can post.

we dont have a server persay, you are able to host a server for ROR so when events are going on aslong as you have AIM and make it into the chat room for the race you will be called in when needed and be giving the IP and port needed to enter the game.

if you need help with getting fraps feel free to message me OutlawedRacing on AIM anytime and I can help you with that.

cheers

Edited by RKM

we dont have a server persay, you are able to host a server for ROR so when events are going on aslong as you have AIM and make it into the chat room for the race you will be called in when needed and be giving the IP and port needed to enter the game.

So I should download the older version of RoR to be Sim-Monsters multiplayer capable? (I've never used RoR multiplayer for anything, so this is all new to me)

I would like to be able to figure this out so I can enter a Fun Run tonight or tomorrow night to be able to get in a little practice before the first points event of the season. :)

if you need help with getting fraps feel free to message me OutlawedRacing on AIM anytime and I can help you with that.

Ok thank you!