Sim Monsters
CMDeerfoot

Show Your Projects Chapter 64

1 minute ago, JackMProductions said:

It sucks because I really like the look of that truck, and then you did that to it.

Try swallowing next time.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RKM said:

Try swallowing next time.

You didn't think to write "Dear Gary Busey's mom..." before that?

I don't even dislike him, actually

She breathes....

screenshot_2019-01-13_12-47-00_1.jpg

screenshot_2019-01-13_12-43-56_1.jpg

screenshot_2019-01-13_12-43-40_1.jpg

Been so much fun building this truck, and actually learning blender and learning how to build a truck. Not perfect by any means but I'm super happy with it

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Swegliner849 said:

Now why would you just change those BKTs to say Firestone... or is that to go along with the Sacrifice name? 

Anyways, looks great and I love the mud truck you’ve got there!

1 hour ago, steiale said:

Now why would you just change those BKTs to say Firestone... or is that to go along with the Sacrifice name?

Main reason was because when i finished the mud truck i thought "it doesn't make sense that the mud truck runs Firestones and the monster truck runs BKTs" and since i liked the BKTs more than the firestones that are on the site i just went and repainted them.

• Upvote 1

Hello, I was a tad bit excited when i seen Kayla was in Soldier Fortune this season, it has been a great truck for her so far. So i decided to take to my Blender and do this.

uvibdpy6ks8n8z1zg.jpg

9n68k99mtbbz9gezg.jpg

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Dank Sinatra said:

Hello, I was a tad bit excited when i seen Kayla was in Soldier Fortune this season, it has been a great truck for her so far. So i decided to take to my Blender and do this.

Great start, but I’ve got a couple of thoughts. First off, John Dough did great with the paint, but I personally thing that it’s a little dark. Maybe lighten up the body and the beadlocks a little bit. Second, make sure you change out the old outdated Monster Jam logo for one of the newer ones. Other than those body/paint corrections it looks good to me!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AaronLurie said:

'Dance Dance Revolution.' That's a lot of fun when you're having a dinner party and you just want to be a little silly.

Still have a lot of work to do. 

I know you can make a better texture than that Aaron! Sidenote, I’ve got a crowd texture that is better if you’d like. Comes with like 8-9 people. They have their own subfolders with like 20 images of the same person but moving about so with some photoshop and animated materials you can make the crowd move. Its something that I was starting to do before I quit so you’d be the first to have it done ;). Only downside is they are a little cartoony looking but thought I’d throw it out there if you’re interested.

16 hours ago, AaronLurie said:

'Dance Dance Revolution.' That's a lot of fun when you're having a dinner party and you just want to be a little silly.

Looks freaking amazing.

Replicated tracks are cool and all...

5c71c24e36.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

16 hours ago, AaronLurie said:

That stadium model DESPERATELY needs to be redone @AaronLurie. We have new video boards here at Ray J, and the lower bowl and upper nosebleed seats are red. Also, the stadium lights aren't that tall. They're close to the top of the nosebleed bowl's top.

19 hours ago, RockCrwlr said:

I know you can make a better texture than that Aaron! Sidenote, I’ve got a crowd texture that is better if you’d like. Comes with like 8-9 people. They have their own subfolders with like 20 images of the same person but moving about so with some photoshop and animated materials you can make the crowd move. Its something that I was starting to do before I quit so you’d be the first to have it done ;). Only downside is they are a little cartoony looking but thought I’d throw it out there if you’re interested.

I've been really struggling to make the track texture look good. I made some changes but it still isn't where I want it. I tried different blend modes and opacity, but it still doesn't really look like dirt. If you could help me out with some suggestions, that would be great!
As for the crowd, I'm definitely interested in looking at those textures and seeing what I can do. 

2 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

That stadium model DESPERATELY needs to be redone @AaronLurie. We have new video boards here at Ray J, and the lower bowl and upper nosebleed seats are red. Also, the stadium lights aren't that tall. They're close to the top of the nosebleed bowl's top.

Those issues have been fixed.