Show Your Projects Chapter 64

CMDeerfoot

9 minutes ago, Chris B said:

@AaronLurie (sorry I forgot to quote lmao)

Okay first of all I want to say I envy how fast you can get a track near completion in Blender. Like cmon, first the Hotwheels tour, now this?! Also the scaling looks pretty accurate, I'm excited.

Anyways, I know you've been doing this way longer than me, and are overall much better, but there's a few things I want to say. Obviously, there's the dirt texture, but rock already pointed that out and whatever. Maybe try baking the dumpsters and some of the tarps too (or at least darkening it), like Maxdman does; gives it those nice shadows. Also my really old pirate ship that's on Tampa 2002 should still be up to date (I know it's really old and not the best, just an option), it should be modeled after the 2016 one. Idk if I would even include or just go and make a new one, up to you. Finally, the 3d fans were something I've been trying to work on for a while but never really got to the point where I could fill a whole stadium with them like shown here. I tried actually in a Tacoma track I've never showed off here, but the transparency had that clipping error and looked awful. There is another code out there that can fix this though, I think some of the "official" ror tracks had it in in their material files (I was playing around with it a few weeks ago). Maxdman asked about it in the help section a few months ago too.

That's my two cents, now I kinda want to make a replica track lol still prob won't

The code I used that fixed the clipping in my wf15 is in that thread he posted.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Garrett Hanson said:

how does the body look "rough?"
I did set smooth and everything that I could think of.

Like, the shine highlights some of the parts where it doesn't look sharp enough. Idk how to describe it, but think of a chassis when you don't edge split it. It has those weird dark spots that make it look "soft".