Show Your Projects Chapter 64

CMDeerfoot

9 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

If you want to go for something like this, I'd highly suggest you increase resolution of everything your working on so you cant see the jaggy  edges on everything, especially with triangle shapes you need more resolution to make things look crisper.

Thanks! I was wondering what it was that didn't hit my eye right...I'm still VERY new to photoshop so still working out some kinks

2 hours ago, erhminer said:

long process, worth it though

Made a test track for scaling purposes...

here's how it looks 

Generally what I do to get the scale as close to accurate as possible is I use a .blend of a car (Rock's lexus because it's already to scale when imported) and find a real car on the image I'm using as the ground template, then size my areal shot from google earth to match the real car up with the size of the car blend.  After that I model the rest of the track around the areal template because it should be close to scale with the overhead shot of the car and the car blend.  (I hope that makes sense).

Also, yes, I had to.  I should prob change my settings when I take screenshots but this'll do.

8k1TBTz.png

iit09TC.png

tJLyWT9.png

zIVnOAF.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

36 minutes ago, leggster said:

*Backwards Bob*

From what I've seen, the bedsides should extend out past the chassis a little bit more than what you have here. I might be wrong, but the body might have the extended crew cab but maybe the bedsides are the length of the regular extended cab that we have now.  Again, not 100% sure but that's just how I see it. Other than that, great work!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, maxdman said:

Generally what I do to get the scale as close to accurate as possible is I use a .blend of a car (Rock's lexus because it's already to scale when imported) and find a real car on the image I'm using as the ground template, then size my areal shot from google earth to match the real car up with the size of the car blend.  After that I model the rest of the track around the areal template because it should be close to scale with the overhead shot of the car and the car blend.  (I hope that makes sense).

Also, yes, I had to.  I should prob change my settings when I take screenshots but this'll do.

I got you, I've been trying to do that. This is also the first time I'm modeling my own track, considering all things though. Thank you for the tip!

22 hours ago, steiale said:

From what I've seen, the bedsides should extend out past the chassis a little bit more than what you have here. I might be wrong, but the body might have the extended crew cab but maybe the bedsides are the length of the regular extended cab that we have now.  Again, not 100% sure but that's just how I see it. Other than that, great work!!!

It looks like the bedsides are the normal length, but the wheel openings need to be cut back a tad bit more.

11 hours ago, Medalwarrior215 said:

Coming September-15...….2020 (jk) This is my first replica its a little poo but it was a attempt 

It needs a lot of fixing. The ramps need to be smoothed out A LOT, since a lot of the faces have a HUGE jump in steepness.The ramp to the left of the center jump in the first pic is way too steep in general. The freestyle track paint needs a lot of work as well, and I think there might be a missing crush car for the race track across from the backflip ramp.

Re-made K&N: Power House...wasn't super happy with the first one and it had always been (in my mind) sort of a place holder for another version. DEFINITELY like this one a lot better. 

EtQbd89.png

TKu4dRn.png

VU81ElA.png

Also, i'm currently working on .zip-ing up a Keep It Weird Racing pack, as well as a couple other customs I did that will be separate from the KIW pack and eachother. It's gunna be while for all those tho. at least a week or 2 for sure.

and YES ill be moving the flags back a bit so they're not in the body.

• Upvote 4

Have not shown anything here for a while, this is one of my shorter projects from this recent time. This pack includes the trucks that ran on the brutus chassis from 2009 to 2012 and this should be uploaded soon...

BrutusPack-Mini.png

Edited by Swegliner849
New picture with fixes.
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Swegliner849 said:

Have not shown anything here for a while, this is one of my shorter projects from this recent time. This pack includes the trucks that ran on the brutus chassis from 2009 to 2012 and this should be uploaded soon...

Looks great! One recommendation I have is that for the gray rims you use the ones from your previously released Rage. Also, I think the tires on General Tire should say General Tire instead of Good Year. Looks nice though!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, steiale said:

Looks great! One recommendation I have is that for the gray rims you use the ones from your previously released Rage. Also, I think the tires on General Tire should say General Tire instead of Good Year. Looks nice though!

Ok, thanks for the advice. For the tires lettering i didn't have good pics of them and since i saw a "G" i thought it said Goodyears, now it makes sense since its General Tire sponsored truck. My eyes oofed again...