Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

1 hour ago, maxdman said:

Still monster truck industry related, Dennis Anderson is coming back with a brand new King Sling mud bog truck.   Also how crazy similar to Ryan's throttle rhythem is his brother Weston's

Dennis is making 2 of them the first ones purple and then the second one is gonna be green

I sure don't like how NBC Sports has been editing the racing down to the semifinals and finals when they showed all of it on the first two episodes. I don't see why they can't split it into two shows so we can see all the action. When the first season aired in 2014, they had two shows for each city.  And I don't want to look like a Feld basher. I've been a Monster Jam fan for over 20 years, and I am amazed at how far the sport has advanced since then. But the TV coverage format should have been left alone. I  love freestyle but I think racing is cool too. Thank goodness the Chicago style racing is no more. I felt it was overdone. 

Last year, on FS1, we were able to see racing, the two wheel skills and freestyle in one hour. So why change it just because it's on a different network?  

On 3/22/2019 at 3:28 PM, Steven77536 said:

I sure don't like how NBC Sports has been editing the racing down to the semifinals and finals when they showed all of it on the first two episodes. I don't see why they can't split it into two shows so we can see all the action. When the first season aired in 2014, they had two shows for each city.  And I don't want to look like a Feld basher. I've been a Monster Jam fan for over 20 years, and I am amazed at how far the sport has advanced since then. But the TV coverage format should have been left alone. I  love freestyle but I think racing is cool too. Thank goodness the Chicago style racing is no more. I felt it was overdone. 

Last year, on FS1, we were able to see racing, the two wheel skills and freestyle in one hour. So why change it just because it's on a different network?  

Uh what? They did the exact same thing on FS1 last year. They didn't show anything in full. They showed the semis, and finals for racing, and maybe a race from a round earlier if it had implications on the semis, like someone crashing and not coming back. Then they showed highlights of the two wheel skills, and they showed the full runs of FS for the top finishers and highlights of the rest.

A few changes have been made to ST2, mostly involving the Razin' Kane folks. JR will be dropping out of the tour, and Roy will fill in driving ICM in Syracuse and Philly. Aaron is also bowing out with Kristen filling in for both remaining events, Syracuse being her stadium debut. Rumors are going around that Eric might not be going out east for the remaining events of his tour, but he still remains listed for them.

Meanwhile, ST1 is officially confirmed to be heading to Denver next month.

Kristen is taking Wolfs Head over as the permanent driver next weekend in Syracuse. Also she won her first overall last night here in Southaven in ICM!

edit: Todd LeDuc joins Tyler Menninga and Tristan England in World Finals XX as the stadium tour 3 champion! Next champion to be crowned will be Triple Threat Central next weekend In Columbus,OH

That points series is what's ruining momster  jam. They were fine without it.  What they could do, is take all the points by Team Digger drivers, add them up, and do the same wirh team El Toro Loco, Max-D, Zombie, Scooby-Doo, and then see who the points series champ is. Not bashing any drivers but sending multiple versions of the same truck to the world finals  is getting old.  Put Charlie back in the Mutt, Tyler Menniga in Blue Thunder, Morgan Kane in Alien Invasion, and keep Adam in the Digger. 

That's how they did it in the TNN days, especially in 2002, when Pablo and Gary Porter drove Digger on the televised shows from Atlanta and Houston (stop 2). Their points were combined with Dennis's. That's what I'd change about the point series. 

Edited by Jon Cannon
Use the edit button

How is that fair to the drivers to group them all together like that? Or to take them out of the truck they won in? If you earn your spot you should get to drive your truck. Besides Charlie didn’t win his tour so he’ll more than likely be in Mutt not Digger this year. And how’s the points ruining MJ? I think they’re awesome. It’s added so much more competition and something to truly keep up with as a fan on who’s winning what, I think the points series is great. And before anyone says it’s rigged, it’s not. The Digger on my tour finished in 4th place. Stinger Unleashed (indie) is in second place and has had the lead over Digger a few times. I think the points is helping MJ, not hurting.

• Upvote 4