Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

On 4/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, Steven77536 said:

I watched 3 episodes of Monster Jam last night and I wish they would expand the coverage into 2 hours. If a NASCAR race or Supercross race can be shown in its entirety, why not show a Monster Jam in its entirety?  When we had Speed channel, they would split the show into two episodes.  I'm starting to miss that. MonsterJam has too much action to be shown in 60 minutes. I want to ask Feld about that but every time I email them they give me this number, and I'd rather them answer my questions through email.  

Because big money sponsors dont care for monster jam. Supercross, Nascar, and and many other major sports have massive TV deals that bring along dedicated sponsors who will drop heaps of money on the network for money. The cost these networks can charge for ad space depends on ratings. If the ratings arent high networks will try to minimize the space they take up in order to place other programming that does better to sell more expensive ads. Thus the reason you see full supercross, indycar, nascar, or any other sporting events is because their ratings are good enough to command a large time block in which sponsors can be sold. 

Think of it like this. You have two jobs, would you stay a minute longer at the job that pays you a dollar a hour or try to stay a minute longer at a job that pays 30 bucks an hour. The networks choose to stay at the job where they get paid the most the longest. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Two big announcements today.

1. Neil Elliott (thank goodness), Jimmy Creten (thank goodness), Bryce Kenny (no surprise), and Heavy D (knew it already), have qualified for the Main Field.

2. Someone, they haven't confirmed who yet, will attempt to clear 7 trucks at the end of World Finals Freestyle....

IG images

.....why do I have a feeling that it'll be more than just one driver attempting it?

High Jump Competitors have been announced:

1. El Toro Loco Ice - Scott Buetow
  2. Wild Flower - Rosalee Ramer
  3. Monster Energy - Todd LeDuc
  4. Megalodon Fire - Cory Rummell
  5. Monster Mutt Dalmatian Ice - Cynthia Gauthier
  6. Max-D Fire - Tom Meents
  7. Avenger - Jim Koehler
  8. Bakugan Dragonoid - Camden Murphy

Surprised that Pauken, Weenk, and Matt Pag didn't make it, but oh well.

Also, fun fact: this'll be the only competition that won't have a single Digger in it.

Another fun fact; the winner of the Extreme Air Award might not be any of these 8. cough cough Linsey in San Antonio cough cough

4 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

High Jump Competitors have been announced:

1. El Toro Loco Ice - Scott Buetow
  2. Wild Flower - Rosalee Ramer
  3. Monster Energy - Todd LeDuc
  4. Megalodon Fire - Cory Rummell
  5. Monster Mutt Dalmatian Ice - Cynthia Gauthier
  6. Max-D Fire - Tom Meents
  7. Avenger - Jim Koehler
  8. Bakugan Dragonoid - Camden Murphy

Surprised that Pauken, Weenk, and Matt Pag didn't make it, but oh well.

Also, fun fact: this'll be the only competition that won't have a single Digger in it.

Another fun fact; the winner of the Extreme Air Award might not be any of these 8. cough cough Linsey in San Antonio cough cough

Wouldve loved to have seen Randy Brown in instead of Scott. He went BIG last year in Detroit, among other famous leaps.

35 minutes ago, MonsterJam2008 said:

How is the high jump going to work? 

Is it going to be like fmx step up where they jump over a bar? 

What happens when the trucks break? Tom and Todd have extra trucks but what about the indies? 

I've been hearing rumors that Koehler's gonna use Brad's truck, and Rosalee's gonna use Kelvin's truck. Everyone else, i dunno.

Apparently each competitor will have two chances to make the highest leap, most likely off the center jump. If they break early, well then I guess it'll be no second jump for them.

MJ has also confirmed that more events will be announced next week, including one in a brand new destination.

citi field pls k thx bye

45 minutes ago, Sergeant Politeness said:

I get the whole shrinking the field but man no Cole or Mikey in really stings, nor no Cory either. 

I really wish they would have left the number to 32. In my ideal world, it would have been 10 high jump competitors and 32 in the main field. It just sucks how this year there is a good number of very deserving drivers left out compared to other years where the number is lower. It is what it is, and hopefully, it will change at some point. 

I’m the odd ball out, I am a huge fan of the smaller field. It raises the bar of competition the entire season, the drivers that didn’t make it will want to push that much harder to make it next year. Obviously major sponsor trucks are going to be in the show, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing a different driver jump in those trucks if they don’t win or perform well on their respective tours. If the field stayed at 32 it’s basically just a giant show with every driver competing and very little chance of not getting in regardless of how the regular season goes. One thing that really gets under my skin is people saying Marc McDonald or BJ Johnson  and others should’ve gotten in when they haven’t driven all year. The one thing no one can argue is the sport is at its highest level of competition and popularity now then it has ever been, so maybe Feld is doing something right.

• Upvote 1